• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Bottiger

Administrator
i thought otakuroom was from another community, my bad
also interesting how u add it and then they add it in the same day

It literally says in the map that someone else made it, not someone in the "Otaku" community unless they removed the credits.

A simple google search will reveal that "Otaku" did not make it.

https://gamebanana.com/maps/192599

Otaku is 100% ports, they don't have a single original map on their servers.

Just because we have a map that they do doesn't mean we stole it from them.

Bottiger

Administrator
Fixed sounds on mako reactor overriding TF2 sounds causing a screech. If you have this issue, simply restart TF2.

Thanks to Berke for helping figure out this issue.

Bottiger

Administrator
Otakuroom has been added back. The roomba on stage 2 should not stop when people are standing in each other now.

FrostyBoiGrim

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Welp looks like Im back on my bullshit

BALANCE MOMENT
Theres been some changes since my last message, some for the better, and a few for the worse. Id say overall the highs are higher but the lows are lower. Im going to go through class by class and analyzing any major flaws as well as giving some possible solutions to those flaws!

Scout - Nerf
Problem: Scout went from the worst class to the best solo class. I think I may have more solo wins with scout than I did with pre-patch Demo. Scout suffers from 3 major problems:
  1. Mini minigun
  2. Invincibility on demand
  3. Movement god
The scattergun fires so quickly and reloads so quickly its like a shotgun minigun, and the FaN practically doesn't have a reload time at all. Bonk can give you invincibility on demand as well as a speed buff that arguably lasts too long for the low cost it has to use it. It doesnt help that scouts high speed mixed with faster melee swing and sometimes double jump makes him very hard to turn and an amazing LMS. Also sometimes when you bonk and someone melees you, youll go flying, which actually has helped me more than hurt since i can just airstrafe and use it to go way past any zombies on any slightly open map
Solution: Scout is closer to where he needs to be, but hes not quite there yet and he overshot the mark. The scattergun needs to have a slower reload and maybe less total ammo, and the FaN needs to have 3-4 shots instead of 6, as well as a slightly longer reload (0.25x longer?)

Soldier - Small Buff
Problem: Soldier has basically not changed. Hes strong, but has what feels like a very solved meta of stock launcher, conch, and escape plan. We saw a bit of mixup with stronger shotguns but even then conch is still by far the best option.
Solution: Make other weapons more unique and viable. Liberty Launcher has only 4 rockets with larger explosion radius and slightly better knockback with the catch of lower damage. Make the Market Gardener a strong melee weapon that does a ton of damage when youre in the air, and maybe you jump higher when its out, but youre also way slower on the ground. Give soldier something that mixes up the meta.

Pyro - Nerf
Problem: Right now Pyro can be incredibly strong when hanging out at the back of the surviving party. His slowdown mechanic when lighting enemies on fire and airblast are incredibly useful for both annoying the zombies and keeping huge crowds awayl. When paired with another pyro or a heavy its near impossible to stop him from throwing you back and draining your HP.
Solution: Same as last time. Pyro needs either less total ammo or for airblast to cost more ammo, perhaps instead of 20 it cost 50 and has a longer cooldown but sends zombies further. Alternatively the burn slowdown/time could be reduced, meaning zombies arent effected for as long or as heavily from a Pyro who has since ran away.

Demoman - N/A
Demo got hard nerfed, Id say hes a bit worse than soldier but he has the charge invincibility so that makes up for it

Heavy - NERF
Problem: Heavys in a group are more terrifying than any zombie and stronger than my hatred for tramway. He has insane knockback and can heal more than current patch medic. He also didnt need a buff when he like never got nerfed.
Solution: As with some others, the problem and solution are the same as before. Zombies build up resistance to Heavys stream the longer theyre stuck in it. I was personally thinking of it like this:
  • If the Heavy does positive 10 knockback to zombies standard (idk the real number), than after something like 25-40 seconds zombies should beable to have made some sure progress. So every 5 seconds the knockback goes down by at the most 2 and at the least 0.5
Sandvich regen should also be significantly reduced so that he doesnt instantly have a sandvich again which he can throw to his teammates. It leads to him being a faster manual despenser.

Engineer - Nerf
Problem: Uh oh guess whose strong again
Solution: Unbuff the shotty. Its fun but makes engie way too strong.

Medic - BUFF

Problem: Medic got fucking bodied and is now arguably the worst class. He can only heal through crusaders or Amputator, and if he finds a way to build up uber he can basically only use it on himself making you either a class that stays back and like taunts all the time, or one that gets agro with melee and doesnt help your team at all.
Solution: BRING MEDIGUN BACK, THATS ALL. Reduce uber build if need be, just please make him fun again.

Sniper - N/A
SMG is not nearly as broken. Hes fine, if you get mad at a sniper its cause he has good aim and is better than you.

Spy - N/A
Hes in a really good spot right now.

Lets hope we can even out the curve and get humans nice and balanced. I may do zombies since there are some big problems with most zombies being underpowered and zombies often winning due to poor map design or low player counts. Obviously they sometimes win even on full maps that are moreso human sided, but that tends to be rare and happens due to an incompetent team that has never played the gamemode/map.

Dark Strife

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
I love this game mode but it has its issues. Such as the enzymes need some rework.
Scout: Speed buff for all zombies
Suggestion: along with the speed buff make nearby enemies have an outline.

Soldier: Smokebomb
Suggestion: Remove smokebomb (as people are shooting down chokes 24/7 blindly anyway) and make all zombies get the defensive banner instead.

Pyro: Firey Explosion. Do not change.

Demoman: None
Suggestion: Timebomb explosion (10 seconds) but makes the zombie have blurred vision (if possible)

Heavy: Ice Wall
Suggestion: Make heavy invun while this is happening then marked for death 10 seconds after

Engineer: Stun
Suggestion: Stun no longer effects players but stuns all buildings for 30 seconds. All players hit loses infinite ammo/metal for 15 seconds.

Sniper: Jarate: good enough

Medic: (idk what it does)
Suggestion: adds a lifesteal to humans and gives health to all zombies passively. (Again idk what medic does)

Spy: invis but low health
Suggestion: fully heal if a human is killed before invis wears off.

Those are my suggestions.

FrostyBoiGrim

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Demoman: None
Suggestion: Timebomb explosion (10 seconds) but makes the zombie have blurred vision (if possible)

Sniper: Jarate: good enough

Medic: (idk what it does)
Suggestion: adds a lifesteal to humans and gives health to all zombies passively. (Again idk what medic does)

-Im pretty sure demo doesnt have one cause he has charge, however most of the time charge feels kinda weak on Demo so Id love to see a buff on that

-Jarate is not good enough, outside of heavy and sometimes soldier most classes are 1-2 hits and dealing minicrits as zombie is mostly pointless. Jarate should slow people down but maybe not last for as long.

-Medics is the vampire spell but without the lifesteal

Otherwise a lot of these are some decent ideas and definitely have potential

Dark Strife

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
-Im pretty sure demo doesnt have one cause he has charge, however most of the time charge feels kinda weak on Demo so Id love to see a buff on that

-Jarate is not good enough, outside of heavy and sometimes soldier most classes are 1-2 hits and dealing minicrits as zombie is mostly pointless. Jarate should slow people down but maybe not last for as long.

Thanks. Hope to see you on ZE >.> beware of the sudden spy.

Bottiger

Administrator

The zombie abilities are not supposed to be overwhelmingly powerful. Keep in mind that multiple zombies can use their abilities at the same time. Abilities from Pyro + Medic + jarate can allow zombies to secure ranged kills. The jarate can also neutralize situations where the humans have a defense banner up.

§AIF§ñípz

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Contributor
just a suggestion if you guys are looking for a new map to add in i recommend atix panic also great work for adding in shroomforest and otakuroom they are fun ;)

Bottiger

Administrator
  • Added Maps. We need people to report issues as I cannot test everything in the map . Please be as specific as possible. Please type getpos in the console and paste the results along with a screenshot so I can locate the issue.
    • Dreamin
    • Portal story
    • Atix panic
  • Pickups should now always face the correct direction.
  • Enzyme gain 30% slower.
  • Heavy mutation free movement time reduced from 2 seconds to 1.5.
  • Pyro mutation ignite reduced from 7 to 5 seconds. Damage reduced from 40 to 30.
  • Grenades should auto-detonate on bosses.

Last edited:

Bottiger

Administrator
Added maps.
  • Bathroom
  • Timesplitters
  • Bowser in the Fire Sea
  • Swamp Facility: New original map by Berke.
Other Updates
  • Round ends on Portal Story.
  • Smoother ladders in Bathroom.
  • Music will not overlap in Dreamin.