• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Bottiger

Administrator
To add with Frosty’s balance ideas, I think Scout could have an aura effect that slightly boosts the speed of his teammates. This encourages more team play for Scout. You could incentivize this gradually increasing the Scout's speed the more people he boosts.

Bonk already speed buffs team mates. Having an aoe aura is like the soldier's whip which is overpowered.

Removing that speed bonus from the Medic's Overdose is just horrible, please add something else to compensate it.

And my small thought on these nerfs: It really was a great thing for the classes to be as they were but now it just looks a mess and a bit confusing. Especially since the zombies now have a mutate thing going on. Also it would have been a bit great if this was announced in the servers themselves since not all players are on the forums or the discord themselves.

The overdose still allows you to run faster than you normally do at max charge. People are overreacting to these nerfs because they are used to something that is overpowered.

The mutations print in chat every time you spawn so it is your fault for not noticing. We cannot spam announcements for people that are unwilling to go on the forums or discord.

This is just a general thing but its something I would appreciate: The community being generally kept more up to date. In the past few days the Spy and Medic where nerfed, while Demo got the Tide Turner back. AFAIK this wasnt mentioned anywhere on the discord, or in any thread. if there is a thread or discord that keeps more up to date on changes in the gamemode I would love to be pointed there or even invited so I could keep up to date on changes and balancing! If this isnt a thing, I would love to see it be posted in the #tf2 chat in the discord and/or posted here in the thread just like the major updates.

There is A LOT of work being done and things are being removed and added all the time so it is a hassle to maintain an accurate and updated change log. As you can see we have tried to post a changelog once in a while, but when you spend 5+ hours a day working on this, a changelog is the least important part and not something you feel like doing at the end of a long day. A lot of this can be found out by yourself, and something you did not notice is probably something you don't need to know about anyway.

Here is a recent changelog with as much as I can remember. Probably missing some things though.
  • Buildings trapping zombies are automatically detected now and destroyed.
  • Buildings are now shrunk on CS maps like players are.
  • Stuck now works for both teams and will try to teleport you to the nearest team mate first. It will also try to detect if you are actually stuck to prevent abuse of this command.
  • Scout has a speed buff mutation.
  • All mutations now have sound effects.
  • Demo uber shield removed on last survivor. Tide turner unblocked.
  • Knockback on plugin ladders now work (jurassic, minecraft, tramway).
  • Medic mutation requires line of sight and cannot stack bleeds.
  • Engineer mutation requires line of sight.
  • Pyro mutation does more damage.
  • Overdose, escape plan, gru edited so you move slightly slower than a scout at max speed boost. So these items are still useful but not overpowered now.
  • Kunai removed as it spams objects. Pistol clip and fire rate massively buffed to compensate. Pistol headshots removed.
  • Zombie spy cloak removed and health set to 1 on backstab.
Map Updates
  • Santassination: finally figured out how to fix this map so we can edit it now.
    • Extreme mode voting booth fixed.
    • Truth lighting incorrectly activating when it isn't supposed to fixed.
    • 50 seconds removed from the end of simba cinematic
    • Prologue timers shortened.
    • Cliffs on act 1 blocked.
    • A few timers on act 1 shortened.
    • Added hud timers.
    • Added boss hp bars.
    • Boss hp reduced by 50%.
  • Minecraft
    • Skip spots in netherworld blocked.
    • Zombies are teleported into a box for the last boss fight.
    • Some timers shortened in act 3.
  • Laboratoire: end timer shortened.
  • Tramway: boxes break 3 seconds later.
  • Icecap: various tweaks.
  • Skyrim: fixed lighting on the map so things actually have shadows, various timer tweaks.
  • Jurassic: fixed lighting

Last edited:

Bottiger

Administrator
  • Zombie teammates will no longer block melee attacks. If we detect a team mate in front of you, you will now do 45 damage per swing to the closest thing you are looking at within melee range.
  • Loose cannon knockback from plugin removed because it already has built-in knockback. Fire rate decreased by 25%.

Bottiger

Administrator
Huh, I guess he was lying about that

He is lying about a lot of things. Did he do a significant amount of work for us while I was busy? Sure.

Was it a major portion of the work that was done?

No. I'd estimate he contributed maybe 10% of the total work spent on this game mode.

Bottiger

Administrator
Updates
  • Titanic: logic remade so it doesn't start from the beginning of spawn but instead when people get to a specific point in the map. Added forward spawns and zombie climb spots at the end.
  • Subway: Removed "extensive edit" train pass by LordM. This did nothing but shave off 10 seconds on 1 holdout. Increased train holdout time to 40 seconds. Setup time reduced to 10 seconds. Last holdout door breaks 15 seconds from the end and an additional zombie climb spot appears.
  • Minecraft: boss damage had some weird logic that prevented players from taking damage more than once. This has been removed. Timers shortened at the end of act and act 2 and the 2nd candle holdout of part 3. Respawn room at start of act 3 made larger to cover the spawn area. Removal of requirement to kill all zombies at the final holdout.

Bottiger

Administrator
  • Shotgun damage increased 1.5x. knockback increased 2x
  • Titanic: made easier for zombies at the end.
  • Subway: slower doors in the beginning. Faster doors for zombies at the end. Added cover and other stuff to make it easier for zombies at the end.
  • Atix Apocalypse: removed some zombie ladders. Shortened truck escape and display a notice for secret entrance.
  • Minecraft: damage to boss is now real damage and is not 1 damage per hit. Boss hp has been rescaled accordingly. Added back ghast insta-kill attack if players don't kill it fast enough. End teleporter fixed. Zombies are locked in the ghast box for 10 seconds longer to make getting flint and steel easier.
  • Mako Reactor: fixed cloud's eyes. Damage to boss is now real damage and not 1 damage per hit. Boss hp has been rescaled accordingly. Added back bahamut's insta-kill attack if players don't kill it fast enough. Other spells affecting boss hp has been rescaled accordingly. Attempt to fix ultima materia but don't really know if it'll work.

Last edited:

Bottiger

Administrator
  • Atix Apocalypse: Fixed secret safe crashing the server.
  • 3valley: fixed missing texture on 1 zombie ladder.
  • Expedition: fixed boss hit box appear on top of the box. Added HDR

Bottiger

Administrator
  • Atix Apocalypse: Tried to reduce entity use by removing spawn points, putting some areas in a template.
  • Mako Reactor: Removed tint on higher difficulties. Added hint on how to kill the boss at higher difficulties.
  • Removed loose cannon. The knockback from the grenades could not be controlled.
  • Fixed airblast resistance.
  • Heavy speed increased. Speed with GRU is still slightly slower than scout though.
  • Shotgun buff added to engineer and heavy.
  • Fixed line of sight requirement for medic and engy mutations.

Last edited:

ThousandYearDuke

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Contributor
It would be nice if you removed the medic's mutation stun while he mutates, because now he's utterly useless. If not then revert everything to the way it was.

Bottiger

Administrator
Updates
  • Helms Deep now ends the round when humans reach the end.
  • Otaku Room has been removed as we fix the stage transitions. It might be up soon or tomorrow at the latest.
  • Mako Reactor difficulty now resets when the map is loaded instead of carrying over from previous rounds.
  • Maps can now be extended 2 more times.

Last edited:
Reactions: ThousandYearDuke

uppe-r

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
Contributor
Updates

• Helms Deep now ends the round when humans reach the end.
    Otaku Room has been removed as we fix the stage transitions. It might be up soon or tomorrow at the latest.
    Mako Reactor difficulty now resets when the map is loaded instead of carrying over from previous rounds.
    Maps can now be extended 2 more times.
i thought otakuroom was from another community, my bad
also interesting how u add it and then they add it in the same day

Gamer4605

Banned
i thought otakuroom was from another community, my bad
also interesting how u add it and then they add it in the same day
Are you referring to wonderland? If so, wonderland is notorious for doing some shady shit, they actually stole the ze plugins and maps before they were finished and ran them on their server, most of the maps on ze are made by skial mappers and wonderland stole them, not surprised if this is the same deal. Edit: https://www.skial.com/threads/notice-a-pattern-of-trouble-making-players.84788/#post-783040

uppe-r

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
Contributor
Are you referring to wonderland? If so, wonderland is notorious for doing some shady shit, they actually stole the ze plugins and maps before they were finished and ran them on their server, most of the maps on ze are made by skial mappers and wonderland stole them, not surprised if this is the same deal. Edit: https://www.skial.com/threads/notice-a-pattern-of-trouble-making-players.84788/#post-783040
no im not
im talking about the literal community of the first name of the map + .tf