RMSniper

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
IMG_9746.jpg

Got this beautiful combo in the mail today. Waiting on batteries to come in, so can't comment on it yet.

eVic-VTC Mini + Herakles Plus

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
So I've tried SS in TC...

Coil: 0.5 Ohm dual SS316
Juice: 50/50 VG/PG 6mg of nicotine
Setup: 50W, 500F on preset TC mode for SS (haven't modified TCR on M1-4 mods)..

Nice taste, warm vape, good clouds. Tank gets too hot though.
@Toxik what wattage and temp would you recommend for the coil above?

By the way, remember I said my 0.2 Ohm dual SS coils for Crown were burnt? Looks like I'm not the only one who experienced it...

20151104_172915_zpsljaro1oo.jpg

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Just found the following statement all over the Web:

qVUczDN.jpg

kZmYtGP.jpg

I feel too lazy to play with TCR in custom presets. I'll get back to it when I build my SS coil.

Toxik

Contributor
Oh wow, I didn't know the Crown coils were so complicated to use in TC mode, I thought it would work just like with any nickel coil
So I've tried SS in TC...

Coil: 0.5 Ohm dual SS316
Juice: 50/50 VG/PG 6mg of nicotine
Setup: 50W, 500F on preset TC mode for SS (haven't modified TCR on M1-4 mods)..

Nice taste, warm vape, good clouds. Tank gets too hot though.
@Toxik what wattage and temp would you recommend for the coil above?
I haven't been able to use SS TC yet, so I really would have no idea, sorry man

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Oh wow, I didn't know the Crown coils were so complicated to use in TC mode, I thought it would work just like with any nickel coil

I haven't been able to use SS TC yet, so I really would have no idea, sorry man
qySOFgq.jpg

RMSniper

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
IMG_9746.jpg

Got this beautiful combo in the mail today. Waiting on batteries to come in, so can't comment on it yet.

Turns out the firmware v2.0 update (which this one comes with) now allows for the SS coils to do TC. Can't wait to try it out tomorrow

Reactions: Toxik

Toxik

Contributor
I went to a local vape shop to have them do a nice .35 build on the Velocity
Thoughts so far, it looks nice but since it's a cheaper clone, the "eye" holes don't align on both sides of the air vents :(
Juicing is a little annoying, and while the locking mechanism is great to avoid the top cap spinning and always having to align it with the coils, it is a little annoying to align when you close it up after juicing
7.5/10, pretty glad I didn't spend a fortune on it

RMSniper

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
IMG_9746.jpg

Update!! Still adjusting to the vtc mini and the herakles. My ego one vt was pretty easy to adjust to. I think this one really requires you to mess around with the temp and wattage to get it to your liking. So far been not as flavorful as the ego one vt. Think I just gotta keep playing with it though (or maybe the SS coil isn't for me, who knows).

In other news: The battery charger and batteries that @Toxik recommended for me are A++++.

Toxik

Contributor
I'd definitely recommend finding a plastic drip tip, metal ones heat up and if you vape while you drive and whatnot there's a risk of smashing it in your teeth, and that is not fun at all, speaking from experience

RMSniper

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I'd definitely recommend finding a plastic drip tip, metal ones heat up and if you vape while you drive and whatnot there's a risk of smashing it in your teeth, and that is not fun at all, speaking from experience
Only vape at home. The drip tip is growing on me though. We will see before I decide to throw more money at my setup lol.

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Ordered Gemini RTA yesterday. Time to go building! Was thinking for a while about trying dripping and buying Haze Dripper tank but then came to conclusion that it's not for me. Not for now, at least.
By the way, about a month ago I bought Kanger Toptank Mini and had been vaping Raspberry Evercream juice on stock Clapton 0.5 coils for days. Fucking awesome flavor and nice clouds.

Have been having a weird issue with Crown tank and stock SS dual coils 0.5... Last coil was giving a great flavor and clouds. It was time to replace coils.. The new 0.5 SS dual coil gives me same clouds but no flavor whatsoever. Wondering if it's a dud coil.

Also, RX200 - issue with detecting a new coil when trying to lock resistance. For the life of me it would not ask me if I've installed a new coil - it will simply lock it and that's it. Sent a message to Wismec, waiting for response. TC rocks, by the way. Haven't gotten a single burnt taste or dry hit since started using stock SS coils in SS TC mode.

Toxik

Contributor
Nice, I've heard a lot about the Gemini, definitely sounds like a solid RTA! My girlfriend just got the Billow V2 and made me build it for her while she was working, it's so weird to wick those things compared to regular RDA's but damn. All the flavor and clouds of an RDA without having to re-juice it every few hits, I'm thinking about getting one too now, just not sure which one yet

I've heard about that issue with the RX200, and some people's just entirely stopped working from one minute to another, not sure if there's a fix for it yet

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Nice, I've heard a lot about the Gemini, definitely sounds like a solid RTA! My girlfriend just got the Billow V2 and made me build it for her while she was working, it's so weird to wick those things compared to regular RDA's but damn. All the flavor and clouds of an RDA without having to re-juice it every few hits, I'm thinking about getting one too now, just not sure which one yet

I've heard about that issue with the RX200, and some people's just entirely stopped working from one minute to another, not sure if there's a fix for it yet
I actually have to correct myself. I've got Griffin RTA, not Gemini. Gemini, basically, is a clone of Griffin with a couple of extra features (top airflow and bigger wicking holes).
I was thinking about Billow primarily because of 5ml tank capacity, but three things forced me towards buying Gemini:

1. Top fill
2. Velocity style deck.
3. Juice control.

In regards to RX200 - there is a workaround that helps forcing new coil detection... Installing a coil with lower resistance, making sure TC reads it, then installing actual coil (I usually vape on 0.5 coils) and then it sees that it's a new coil. Annoying, but works for now and I can live with that. Especially considering the fact I'm swapping the coils once in two weeks. Firmware 3.0 which is the latest one does not seem to have fixed the issue. Waiting for a next update.

Toxik

Contributor
I really loved the look of the Billow v2, I don't know why but the inflated-looking shape just looked great on my Sigelei 150 tc
It really is a pain to build on, though. The griffin having the velocity style deck might be my next purchase, since even though the Billow v3 has a similar deck the top fill option is filling it through a hole and I'm not a huge fan of those.

Reactions: PsychoRealm