PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I think I'll wait a bit longer and get the Griffin 25, looks pretty good and huge tank
6.2 ml tank capacity? Holy shit. Ceramic block for single coil builds is a plus too. 25mm diameter is not so good though.. Will be sticking out. But yeah, overall this RTA looks promising.

Toxik

Contributor
Damn, right after I got excited about the Griffin 25, I get an email fom VapeRoyalty called "Griffin 25 Killer?! Available Now!‏"
Apparently the Kepler Apache just came out, and it's looking pretty damn good!
Same velocity-style deck, but same 25mm diameter
Even though it's only a 6ml tank, it looks pretty tall, the main reason I'm not so sure about it right now. I'm worried the height and weight will make my mod tip when it's in my car, even though the Sig 150w tc is pretty bottom heavy

Though one thing that caught my eye is the hinge that allows you to open the top cap for filling, meaning you don't have to fully remove it and set it aside while refilling

Though, again, not being able to change the drip tip is a pain in the ass, I like my plastic drip tips to avoid smashing my teeth in when I vape while driving

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
LOL. Griffin 25 is on pre-order right now which means it hasn't been even released yet. These guys are going nuts trying to stay competitive :D

Toxik

Contributor
Oh yeah, there is a ridiculous amount of competition right now, which is pretty good for us as consumers since it drives prices down and there's a lot of choice

RMSniper

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Oh yeah, there is a ridiculous amount of competition right now, which is pretty good for us as consumers since it drives prices down and there's a lot of choice
Capitalism is the best :D

In other news/back on topic, still loving my evic vtc mini.

Reactions: Toxik

Toxik

Contributor
Capitalism is the best :D

In other news/back on topic, still loving my evic vtc mini.
I bought the same setup as you have for my best friend's girlfriend, she was a pack a day smoker and he wanted me to help out by choosing and bringing them a vape setup (they live in Panama)
She loves it and is down to like 2 cigs a day :D

Reactions: RMSniper

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Got this bad boy delivered today. Later will be building dual 0.5 Ohm coil on Clapton 26/32..

Sg2teej.jpg

DZ3b7fn.jpg

DKsKoAo.jpg

Toxik

Contributor
Oh man, I was ordering coils and was about to get that one instead
Decided to wait until next month when the bigger version comes out, but damn I still want it :(

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
First of all, I got excited too fast. One of the allen screws in the post had its socket completely messed up. Spent 2 hours trying to get it out. Thankfully, Griffin comes with 4 extra screws. Nevertheless...

So here's my build... Dual clapton wire resulting in 0.48Ohm. Almost ideal since I was aiming for 0.5 Ohm. The only problem is I suspect dual Clapton is not gonna work for me because: 1) Base got too hot while I was firing up the coils trying to adjust them; 2) battery got drained like crazy, because it looks like this build efficiently fires up at 60W and above.

(Note: the coil in the background is a result of me being drunk... I've clipped the wrong leg, lol. Also, that's why I'm gonna wick it tomorrow - too drunk to do it today).

liGo7La.jpg

1gOjaJW.jpg

Firing up the coil (watch how slowly it fires up at 60W): https://www.dropbox.com/s/yn1lajggqfl9ehh/2016-03-25 22.51.43.mov?dl=0

Toxik

Contributor
Damn, those heat up nice!
But yeah, I feel like doing this kind of build on a single battery mod is just going to drain the hell out of it. Have you considered a single coil build?
Otherwise, those coils look great man, I wish I had the patience and skill to do dual clapton when I'm drunk lol

Also, how dare you use an iPhone you traitor

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Damn, those heat up nice!
But yeah, I feel like doing this kind of build on a single battery mod is just going to drain the hell out of it. Have you considered a single coil build?
Otherwise, those coils look great man, I wish I had the patience and skill to do dual clapton when I'm drunk lol

Also, how dare you use an iPhone you traitor
1. It's a company owned iPhone. Free shit.
2. My RX200 wouldn't even recognize this build. Even in wattage mode. It says "No atomizer". I guess I'll deal with it tomorrow when I sober up.

Update. RX200 read it at 0.78 Ohm. I guess I'm really drunk.
Update2. I guess it's adjustable pin thingy. Fuck it. Till tomorrow.

Toxik

Contributor
Adjustable pins are a pain to deal with, messing with it can fuck up your whole atomizer
Just remember to unscrew the one from the atomizer and never though the one in the mod

Toxik

Contributor
Received my Gemini yesterday!
I'm still getting used to wicking since it's my first RDA, but I love this thing. Only downside is the top airflow ring feels kind of loose. Even when it's closed, it still lets air flow through, but it's not that big of a deal

E63vjDq.jpg
JmveL1I.jpg

Reactions: PsychoRealm

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Hey Toxic... What was this discount for VaporDNA? I want to buy Centurion 100W but I'd like some discount.. Beyondvape sells it for the same $90 but with Brillipower IMR 26650 3500mAh 60A battery included (unfortunately, delivery date is in June).

NVM, found it.. dna10. -$9.

Last edited:
Reactions: Toxik and RMSniper

Toxik

Contributor
Yup DNA10 takes off 10% pretty much any order, but damn that mod looks cool!
Haven't seen it before, hope it works well for you man!

Reactions: PsychoRealm

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Yup DNA10 takes off 10% pretty much any order, but damn that mod looks cool!
Haven't seen it before, hope it works well for you man!
That's why I decided to buy it. I liked Vaping Twisted review on it. Plus, it can smoothly hold 25 mm tanks. And it's Wismec.

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
PS. My wife is gonna fucking kill me for spending $80 on this mod and $15 on Brillipower IMR 26650 80A 4500mAh battery.

I have to stop this vaping-shopo-mania...