LiterallyCody

Totally Ordinary Human
vape_nation.jpg

Someone say Vape?

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
@JohnnyGaloshes for me vaping is not a way to show off. I'm not chucking crazy clouds or making crazy tricks. I gave up on trying to quit smoking; however, I didn't want to smoke cigs in front of my 2yo either so for me vaping is simply a substitution for smoking. Is it completely safe? No. Is it safer than smoking - I bet it is. I'm vaping not because of "social aspect" but because I need nicotine in my system and vaping seems to be the best way for me now to get nicotine without affecting health of people surrounding me.

JohnnyGaloshes

Banned
Contributor
@JohnnyGaloshes for me vaping is not a way to show off. I'm not chucking crazy clouds or making crazy tricks. I gave up on trying to quit smoking; however, I didn't want to smoke cigs in front of my 2yo either so for me vaping is simply a substitution for smoking. Is it completely safe? No. Is it safer than smoking - I bet it is. I'm vaping not because of "social aspect" but because I need nicotine in my system and vaping seems to be the best way for me now to get nicotine without affecting health of people surrounding me.

And that I can respect. But many of them are douches that do it just too try to look cool. Like doing weed. Besides i hear that it causes cervical cancer in men that do vape.

Reactions: LiterallyCody

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
So I've got a couple of newcomers to my tanks' park... Got Avocado 24 and Theorem.
Theorem I got for free for the points I've accumulated at my local vapor shop. It hasn't impressed me so far though. Notch coil is a joke with fragile legs which makes it a bitch to rewick. Building your own coil is not convenient. Avocado, however, is a bomb.

Currently waiting for CoolFire IV Plus and Aspire Nautilus (not Mini) to arrive... In the meantime I've been enjoying Griffin and Griffin 25. These tanks are the best. Flavor, vapor, convenience to build...

Bbr9sUZ.jpg

Reactions: Toxik

Toxik

Contributor
Damn that Griffin 25 looks good!
Do you have any specific ways of making your coils and wicking them? I've been trying a few combinations on my Gemini but most of them either get burnt pretty fast or flood everywhere, it's getting messy and annoying.
I've tried making coils tight and spaced, and tried all kinds of wicking techniques including the Scottish Roll (which doesn't work very well on smaller coils) and positioning the end of the cotton right at the juice hole rings

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Damn that Griffin 25 looks good!
Do you have any specific ways of making your coils and wicking them? I've been trying a few combinations on my Gemini but most of them either get burnt pretty fast or flood everywhere, it's getting messy and annoying.
I've tried making coils tight and spaced, and tried all kinds of wicking techniques including the Scottish Roll (which doesn't work very well on smaller coils) and positioning the end of the cotton right at the juice hole rings
Dual Clapton coil full 7 wraps no space between wraps. I end up with 0.5 Ohm. I'm cutting the wick right where the this metal ring ends and I do not cut the corners. Then I pack the wick in the holes and use very thin screwdriver to make a space in wicking hole. No leaks, no dry hits. Ramp up time for the coils is 1-1.5 seconds though. But I got used to it.

Pretty much, I'm using wicking technique that RiP Trippers showed in his video for Griffin 25. When I'm talking about making holes with screwdriver - watch this video. At 8:10 RiP does what I'm talking about.

Reactions: Toxik

Sheev_Palpatine

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
This might be an odd question on here, but I figured I'd ask anyways. I have health problems when it comes to smoking/vaping, so of course I don't do it. But my father vapes a lot inside the house. Naturally this causes me problems but talking to him about it does absolutely nothing. I plan on moving out of the house in a year or so for college but that just means an entire year of constant headaches and nausea and chest pains. Apparently I'm not addressing this to him correctly, so I was wanting some advice on how to approach someone who is seriously addicted to this stuff in order to accommodate my needs. By seriously addicted I mean once he really gets at it the whole house aside from the bedrooms is in a fog.

Toxik

Contributor
This might be an odd question on here, but I figured I'd ask anyways. I have health problems when it comes to smoking/vaping, so of course I don't do it. But my father vapes a lot inside the house. Naturally this causes me problems but talking to him about it does absolutely nothing. I plan on moving out of the house in a year or so for college but that just means an entire year of constant headaches and nausea and chest pains. Apparently I'm not addressing this to him correctly, so I was wanting some advice on how to approach someone who is seriously addicted to this stuff in order to accommodate my needs. By seriously addicted I mean once he really gets at it the whole house aside from the bedrooms is in a fog.
It sounds like you might be allergic to PG, or propylene glycol, one of the main ingredients in e-juice
You could talk to your father and ask him to switch to low/no PG juices, many companies make those!
Otherwise, you could ask him to vent it out by opening windows or keeping a fan on, if you show him how bad it is for you I'm sure he'll try to do something about it!