Toxik

Contributor
Also, how do you like that Avocado?
My girlfriend got it and loves it, except for getting a bunch of dry hits, but I think she's getting the hang of wicking it correctly

I want to try it out, but the black version is sold out every fucking where :(

I've been looking at the Wismec Theorem, and while I absolutely love the see-through look of it, reviews show that it's not nearly as great as it looks. Doesn't leak, but the build deck is shit and the air flow system is fucking dumb

maxresdefault.jpg

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Also, how do you like that Avocado?
My girlfriend got it and loves it, except for getting a bunch of dry hits, but I think she's getting the hang of wicking it correctly
I want to try it out, but the black version is sold out every fucking where :(

I've been looking at the Wismec Theorem, and while I absolutely love the see-through look of it, reviews show that it's not nearly as great as it looks. Doesn't leak, but the build deck is shit and the air flow system is fucking dumb
Avocado is a beast. I am not getting dry hits because I'm wicking it the way Mike Vapes suggests. I vape it only when I'm chilling at home though. It runs out of juice pretty quickly. Black Avocado is available at VaporDNA. Theorem is a PoS. I got it for free (accumulated enough of points at my local vapor shop). Notch coil sorta sucks to re-wick (legs are fragile as shit) and building on it - meeeh.

jwso

Australian Skial God
Contributor
kek the smoking laws in finland are getting more strict

they are making it so you can't buy flavoured juice because it draws kids into vaping

Toxik

Contributor
I ordered the Avocado and it's arriving Monday, pretty pumped about it!
Have you tried any other coils than the clapton? I've been thinking about doing a single clapton coil, since dual claps usually made my Velocity RDA hot as balls, plus I've heard the Avocado is a huge juice chugger

Toxik

Contributor
Just received my Avocado, it smells like machine oil so I gave it a good rub a dub dub with alcohol then washed with water
I have a micro coil on there, 1.11 ohms, not too bad, though when it comes to wicking, how long do you wick yours? Mine are at about half of the tank, I've been people do with like a quarter and others who have theirs almost touch the bottom of the tank, so I'm not sure which one is more efficient

99UPIlb.jpg

Reactions: PsychoRealm

Toxik

Contributor
I ordered a glass bell cap for my Velocity, with shipping + 4th of July discount it was right around $25
Should look something like this
velocity-glass-2.jpg

CSC9yCxUEAAROgL.jpg

Pretty excited for it!

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Have you tried any other coils than the clapton? I've been thinking about doing a single clapton coil, since dual claps usually made my Velocity RDA hot as balls, plus I've heard the Avocado is a huge juice chugger
I switched to regular (non SS) clapton coils. Claptons are pretty much the only coils I use nowadays.
How long do you wick yours? Mine are at about half of the tank
Same.

Reactions: Toxik

Toxik

Contributor
Well fuck, just received the glass cap, and disappointed since it doesn't seem to fit my velocity. It doesn't even get to the o-rings, it just gets stuck on the metal right before it. Sent an email, hopefully they'll send me a new one, I was so goddamn excited about this

Toxik

Contributor
Quick picture, but I love this cap. I used to have to wipe the little ridge in my Velocity every few hits because it would always leak, but this thing is great, no leaking at all, great flavor and great clouds!

0oaxVYl.jpg

Reactions: PsychoRealm

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
So my wicking technique with Avocado has proven to be inefficient. Wick would not get saturated. I switched to a single Alien Clapton coil (0.45 Ohm) and started wicking the way RiP suggested - totally different story. Avocado is indeed better for a single coil builds.

On top of that I got my Tsunami 24 RDA, put dual clapton coil build (0.51 Ohm) and with My Man Neapolitano juice it fucking rocks.. Too much of an airflow for me though.. And dripping routine is annoying as fuck. Too bad there is not that many squonkers on the market yet. Movkin Disguiser got a "squonking kit", but it doesn't seem to have hit the US market yet... And since I'm vaping at 55-60W I do need something with at least two 18650s...

N9ZbZvL.jpg

ttdfS6m.jpg

Reactions: Toxik

Toxik

Contributor
I've read that a ton of people give One Hit Wonder a bunch of hate because it's so sweet, they get vaper's tongue after a few hits and it loses all the flavor, but that one does sound pretty good

As far as the coils on the Avocado go, I feel like with dual coils I get much less dry hits than with single coils, but it could be because I didn't wick it right at first. The girlfriend only uses single coils and the flavor and clouds are better than on my dual, so I might give it a try again!

How do you like the Tsunami though? Ever since I used the Mutation X V4, I've hated bottom air flow because that shit would leak molten lava-juice everywhere on my mod and hands even when I didn't overfill it, so I've stayed away from that kind of RDA for a while now

Also I'd love to try a squonker, especially since the Avocado chugs juice like a bitch, but I feel like they haven't made any really worth buying so far since it's still a relatively new concept (less than 2 years old I think)

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I haven't had any leaks with Tsunami just yet, but I haven't really used it much either. So we will see. Regarding squonkers - it's really a grey area right now. There are no good squonkers on the market yet (except, possibly, Movkin).

Toxik

Contributor
Jesus christ man, I've been vaping for 3 years and still don't have that much stuff rofl

Toxik

Contributor
After about 15 years, my mom started smoking again. She used to smoke a pack a day back then, and now after her cancer surgery, she started again "because of the stress and the drugs" they were giving her.
Now, after a month, I finally convinced her to try vaping. Ordered her an eGo AIO that should be arriving soon, and I'll take her to a vape shop to try out different juices so she can find one she likes and stop smoking again, pretty excited!

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
After about 15 years, my mom started smoking again. She used to smoke a pack a day back then, and now after her cancer surgery, she started again "because of the stress and the drugs" they were giving her.
Now, after a month, I finally convinced her to try vaping. Ordered her an eGo AIO that should be arriving soon, and I'll take her to a vape shop to try out different juices so she can find one she likes and stop smoking again, pretty excited!
This "I'm back to smoking because of stress" excuse sounds so familiar to me... I truly hope your mother feels good after surgery.

On another note I have some observations to share after 1 week of dripping.

Pros (outweigh all cons, really): flavor.
Cons:
  1. Necessity to drip the juice all the time. Obviously not the tank for driving. Now I vape Griffins while driving and I'm dripping when chilling in my home office.
  2. Wick is getting gunky very fast. And I mean VERY fast. I've re-wicked my coils 3 times throughout the week.
But man, flavor....

Toxik

Contributor
Wick is getting gunky very fast. And I mean VERY fast. I've re-wicked my coils 3 times throughout the week.
That one really depends on what juice you use, though. When I use White Label, it has less flavor but I only re-wick once a week or so, but when I use juice from my local shop, great flavor but junks up the cotton and coils in just a few days, so frustrating
Also, been using the glass cap for a while now, I love it. Not sure if there's a difference in flavor, but the airflow is just right and it hasn't leaked a bit since I started using it