Toxik

Contributor
I was actually considering Triton before buying Nautilus. Primarily because of its RBA base. However, I decided to go with Nautilus since I came to a conclusion that I took it way too seriously and I'm not yet ready to start rebuilding coils by myself. With time, I will definitely start doing it. I even bookmarked this KIT, lol. But not now.

The only thing I don't like about Nautilus mini is a small tank - just 2ml. Oh, and refilling the tank is not the most convenient activity either.

About research - shit... I haven't even played TF2 or D3 for that matter - had just been reading, watching videos, and posting questions on e-cig forum...
That kit is neat, I'm usually against buying vape stuff as a kit but it seems to have enough good stuff for only $50
Also, the Triton has pre-built coils, but I'm not 100% sure your MVP3 Pro would be able to handle it
My girlfriend just got this beauty, I absolutely love nickel wire coils. No more dry hits (which I'm sure you'll eventually experience).
Honestly, your MVP3 should last you quite a while, until you get tired of not being able to replace the battery and have to wait for it to charge up, but that'll probably be in a while.
Also, have you been looking into drippers? I know coil building looks annoying and hard at first, but after wasting a bit of kanthal wire and fucking up 10-15 of them, you'll get used to it. It's always fun for me trying to make a coil more perfect than the last one, and I just started getting into twisted wire coils with nickel wire!

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
That kit is neat, I'm usually against buying vape stuff as a kit but it seems to have enough good stuff for only $50
Also, the Triton has pre-built coils, but I'm not 100% sure your MVP3 Pro would be able to handle it
My girlfriend just got this beauty, I absolutely love nickel wire coils. No more dry hits (which I'm sure you'll eventually experience).
Honestly, your MVP3 should last you quite a while, until you get tired of not being able to replace the battery and have to wait for it to charge up, but that'll probably be in a while.
Also, have you been looking into drippers? I know coil building looks annoying and hard at first, but after wasting a bit of kanthal wire and fucking up 10-15 of them, you'll get used to it. It's always fun for me trying to make a coil more perfect than the last one, and I just started getting into twisted wire coils with nickel wire!
150W... Holy smokes.. :D
In regards to Triton tank with MVP 3.0 Pro - I read it should handle it just fine. About drippers - that's what I meant when I was saying that eventually I plan on getting into building custom coils. Not now though. I just need to find a good balance of Ohm/nicotine level/VG-GP ratio/wattage and then, once I'm into it, I'll start looking into drippers. Obviously, I don't wanna spend $3 per coil considering that coils should be replaced every 3-6 days.

Oh, and another advantage about MVP 3.0 Pro - you don't have to wait for your battery to recharge. You can vape while recharging :D

Reactions: Toxik

Toxik

Contributor
150W... Holy smokes.. :D
In regards to Triton tank with MVP 3.0 Pro - I read it should handle it just fine. About drippers - that's what I meant when I was saying that eventually I plan on getting into building custom coils. Not now though. I just need to find a good balance of Ohm/nicotine level/VG-GP ratio/wattage and then, once I'm into it, I'll start looking into drippers. Obviously, I don't wanna spend $3 per coil considering that coils should be replaced every 3-6 days.

Oh, and another advantage about MVP 3.0 Pro - you don't have to wait for your battery to recharge. You can vape while recharging :D
Oh nice, on mods that use 18650 batteries it's not recommended to vape while charging so I never really do it, but since it has its own battery it makes sense
Also, when you feel like starting to drip but don't want to make coils yet you can buy bulks of pre-made micro coils, it's a bit more expensive than doing it yourself but saves you the hassle. It's definitely a lot cheaper than $3 per coil though, especially once you make your own, you just buy a 100ft spool for $5 and that will last you for a very, very long time!
Also, even when they get dirty and gunked up, you can just remove the cotton, get them red hot and just pass them under some water (not while firing of course) and they look like new. Do buy Japanese cotton though, my girlfriend and I split this guy and even after over a year we have over half of it left.
I feel like dripping is not as convenient as tanks, since you have to drip every few drags depending on your atomizer, but the flavor will blow your mind, especially compared to lower end tanks

Toxik

Contributor
Also, I'm sure you've read a lot about it already, but you can never be too careful when it comes down to juice. Never ever buy gas station juice bottles, those are the ones made by tobacco companies and very cheap, dirty labs.
https://www.juicedb.com/ has an enormous list of juices that are preferred by the community. If you want to try different kinds (I know you said you like tobacco flavor mainly), you might want to give Craft Vapery a try, you choose which flavors you like and every month they send you bottles based on your subscription and flavor list.
This has a pretty detailed list, just don't get caught up in "premium" juices that sell you 15ml bottles for more than $20. Some of my personal favorites are:
  • Bombies (hugely popular on Reddit),
  • Cuttwood ("premium" juice but tastes great),
  • Butters e-juice is pretty cheap and decent,
  • TBDLiquids is also very popular,
  • KeyStone Vapor,
  • Adirondack Vapor,
  • Gremlin Juice (best custard juice ever),
  • The Vapor Chef,
  • A new favorite of mine White Label Juice Co, which is ridiculously cheap and awesome.

Reactions: sov

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Also, I'm sure you've read a lot about it already, but you can never be too careful when it comes down to juice. Never ever buy gas station juice bottles, those are the ones made by tobacco companies and very cheap, dirty labs.

I'm buying juice from THIS shoppe. They're like half a mile away from me and they're mixing juices right in front of me and based on my preferences.

Toxik

Contributor
I'm buying juice from THIS shoppe. They're like half a mile away from me and they're mixing juices right in front of me and based on my preferences.
Oh nice, I'm not usually a big fan of actual brick&mortar shops since they tend to be much more expensive than online but they seem to have an awesome selection of juices

Toxik

Contributor
wLQtbPx.jpg

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Got a contact who is making liquids with cannabis oil, haven't actually tried it yet, but yeah you can do a lot with them.
I gave up my vape, too much hassle, found I was just carrying cigs in case the battery died etc. half the fluids you buy taste shit, caramel & toffee was my favourite, tobacco flavour seems pointless, although I had half a bottle of 32mg and even though I have been smoking for about 35 years, it gave me massive head spins, nausea, the works.
One thing I'll say is they take some getting used to.

Toxik

Contributor
Got a contact who is making liquids with cannabis oil, haven't actually tried it yet, but yeah you can do a lot with them.
I gave up my vape, too much hassle, found I was just carrying cigs in case the battery died etc. half the fluids you buy taste shit, caramel & toffee was my favourite, tobacco flavour seems pointless, although I had half a bottle of 32mg and even though I have been smoking for about 35 years, it gave me massive head spins, nausea, the works.
One thing I'll say is they take some getting used to.
It's definitely a lot more work than just lighting a cigarette, but in my opinion worth it. It sucks that you got that bad experience though D:
For liquids, it's a lot of hit and miss, a lot of them will be just awful but there is also a lot out there that's cheap and tastes awesome. Also, 32mg of nicotine?? That's a shitton, I started at 18mg and it was already making me pretty sick, went down to 6mg and now 3mg is perfect for me.
Also, about 2 years ago I applied for a job at a pot delivery company (that ended up being just a few guys making oil and shit in their house and delivering it), the chemist and the owner used to be in the army and were pretty chill. The chemist was smart as fuck, he showed me how to make oil and special oil to mix with ejuice. He broke down the math for me and showed me they made over $500 or pure profit on each batch of oil they'd sell, just because it was insanely cheap to manufacture and people would pay to dollars for it.

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
It's definitely a lot more work than just lighting a cigarette, but in my opinion worth it. It sucks that you got that bad experience though D:
For liquids, it's a lot of hit and miss, a lot of them will be just awful but there is also a lot out there that's cheap and tastes awesome. Also, 32mg of nicotine?? That's a shitton, I started at 18mg and it was already making me pretty sick, went down to 6mg and now 3mg is perfect for me.
Also, about 2 years ago I applied for a job at a pot delivery company (that ended up being just a few guys making oil and shit in their house and delivering it), the chemist and the owner used to be in the army and were pretty chill. The chemist was smart as fuck, he showed me how to make oil and special oil to mix with ejuice. He broke down the math for me and showed me they made over $500 or pure profit on each batch of oil they'd sell, just because it was insanely cheap to manufacture and people would pay to dollars for it.
Yeah the 32mg has been banned now max here is now 24mg. You'll have to give me the recipe for that oil, got some crop that comes down in about a week.

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Oh nice, I'm not usually a big fan of actual brick&mortar shops since they tend to be much more expensive than online but they seem to have an awesome selection of juices
I prefer local shoppe just because it's very close and you can get the juice almost instantly as opposed to waiting for it to be shipped (plus, they're open 6 days a week). What I also like is that you can experiment and try out any juice in this shoppe before buying.
In regards to Maddo's issue with the battery - my MVP 3.0 Pro has been running since Monday and yellow light (50% of battery remaining) hasn't even come up yet. Plus, you can vape while charging. I had to replace 1.8 Ohm coil though. It lasted less than 3 days. And BVC coils are not fucking cheap - $3 a piece...

I also bought a bag so I could carry my mod, charging cable, juices, subohm tank and spare coils in there.

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Lol coils are one of the most overpriced items at my local shops, I highly recommend getting them on VaporDNA, they are legit and cheap as fuck. Also, coupon code DNA10 always gives 10% off :D
http://www.vapordna.com/Aspire-Nautilus-BVC-Replacement-Coil-Pack-p/ac0406.htm

13.99 + shipping. In my local shoppe I'm buying them for 14.99. What's the point? :D
The difference is: if I get dud coils - I just come back and request to have them exchanged. With VaporDNA I would have to ship them back. I mean, if VaporDNA was selling them for like $10 - it would be worth it..

3ZFIAQI.jpg

Toxik

Contributor
Ah, I usually get free shipping but that's because all my orders are over the $49 qualifying purchase for free shipping lol
I used to buy bunches of coils for myself and my coworkers, and while there other discount codes out there the most you'll probably get is like 15%, so you're right getting it local would probably be the best option

Last time I bought like 4 packs of nickel wire coils, and since they never burn I still have over half of them and can't buy a new tank yet because I still have too many coils for this one :(

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Ah, I usually get free shipping but that's because all my orders are over the $49 qualifying purchase for free shipping lol
I used to buy bunches of coils for myself and my coworkers, and while there other discount codes out there the most you'll probably get is like 15%, so you're right getting it local would probably be the best option

Last time I bought like 4 packs of nickel wire coils, and since they never burn I still have over half of them and can't buy a new tank yet because I still have too many coils for this one :(
I already hate the coils... First two 1.6 Ohm replacement coils were dud - they were shooting juice out...

Damn, time to start building my own coils.

Toxik

Contributor
I already hate the coils... First two 1.6 Ohm replacement coils were dud - they were shooting juice out...

Damn, time to start building my own coils.
Yeah that happened to me a LOT with the Atlantis, Aspire kind of sucks at making coils. I'd recommend looking at the Arctic or Kanger Subtank. I especially like the Arctic because the juice holes are long rectangles instead of the tiny circles most Aspire tanks have. Also, for a long time, they used silica wick instead of japanese cotton, which was just terrible. It took them a very long time to change it, even while knowing and receiving complains since silica is a terrible thing to vape with, very unhealthy.
Also, the Kanger Subtank comes in different sizes, so you can choose whichever one fits you the best. But again, I'm kind of an Arctic fanboy, not saying it's the best tank out there but it's definitely the one that's given me the least worries

Toxik

Contributor
At how many mg's of nicotine are you vaping at?
I'm usually at 3, bought 3 30ml bottles for $20 and already regretting it, shit burns.

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
At how many mg's of nicotine are you vaping at?
I'm usually at 3, bought 3 30ml bottles for $20 and already regretting it, shit burns.
18mg on 1.6 Ohm Nautilus mini and 6-12mg on 0.5 Ohm SubG tank. Both are 50/50 VG/PG.
Yeah that happened to me a LOT with the Atlantis, Aspire kind of sucks at making coils. I'd recommend looking at the Arctic or Kanger Subtank. I especially like the Arctic because the juice holes are long rectangles instead of the tiny circles most Aspire tanks have. Also, for a long time, they used silica wick instead of japanese cotton, which was just terrible. It took them a very long time to change it, even while knowing and receiving complains since silica is a terrible thing to vape with, very unhealthy.
Also, the Kanger Subtank comes in different sizes, so you can choose whichever one fits you the best. But again, I'm kind of an Arctic fanboy, not saying it's the best tank out there but it's definitely the one that's given me the least worries
The problem actually turned out to be airflow. I was vaping at the smallest hole - as a result coil was drawing a lot of juice being unable to vape it on time so some juice was being shot out. I switched to the second smallest hole - and now it's perfectly fine.

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
@Toxic : switched to Mother's Milk today mixed with Peach. Tastes much better. M Tobacco was giving me a bitter sweet taste which I hated. I keep exploring tastes.