Toxik

Contributor
Mother's Milk is one of the most popular juices out there, it's actually part of the controversy that I posted earlier about diacetyl. The owner of the company was supposed to stop putting it in their liquid a long time ago and hadn't done so until recently, along with selling old Mother's Milk for a ridiculous price just because it was "aged" (sat on a shelf for months) and came with a special drip tip.
If you do like it though, I very strongly recommend Unicorn Milk from Cuttwood. It's one of my favorite juices ever and tastes pretty much just like Mother's Milk, a bit more milky than strawberry-ish but still amazing.
I'm not a huge fan of tobacco flavors but if I find any that are highly recommended I'll let you know! So far I've only tried the ones from Villain Vapor which were pretty good, but again not a huge fan of tobacco juices

Toxik

Contributor
Oh man, people get insanely creative thinking up ejuice names. Unicorn Puke, Slug Juice, Vagina Mist, Cock Juice, the list goes on

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
http://www.aol.com/article/2015/09/...r-e-cigarette-explodes-in-his-mouth/21233058/

5bMNphB.png

Toxik

Contributor
Yeah, people who use mechanical mods without the proper knowledge tend to end up like that
Since you have a regulated mod, I wouldn't really worry about it though

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Yeah, people who use mechanical mods without the proper knowledge tend to end up like that
Since you have a regulated mod, I wouldn't really worry about it though
I'm not. On top of my mod being regulated it has automatic shutoff function.

Reactions: Toxik

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
@Toxic so I blasted the glass on my iSub G tank and since I didn't wanna stay without sub ohm tank for the weekend I had to make a hard choice between Kanger Subtank Mini and Atlantis V2. Reviews say Subtank has better flavor and Atlantis - better vapor. Since I don't really care about vapor I bought Subtank. On top of that it's tank capacity is bigger - 4.5ml. Another advantage - it comes with RBA base kit.

What a mosnter, let me tell you that. Taste is fucking rocking. The only drawback - my local vape shoppe has 0.5 Ohm coils for it for $4 a piece. Fucking robbery comparing to $2 a piece for iSub coils. So I guess I'm on my way to RBA.
In the meantime I ordered replacement glass for iSub G and will keep iSub G tank as a backup. I still have 15 coils for it, for God's sake.

But damn, what a beast Subtank Mini is. No wonder it costs $50.

Oh, and as a side note.. They told me - once you get into sub ohm vaping, you'll forget about anything else. That seems to be truth - I vape on sub ohm tanks more than on Nautilus mini.

Toxik

Contributor
Man, tank RBA's are pretty hard to handle, even I haven't gotten around to it yet haha
But I wish you the best! I'm sure it'll only take a little time to learn before you get good at it, like with any other kind of coil
But yeah the Subtank is a tank I almost got, I got the Aspire Triton instead and I really wish I had gotten the Subtank :( nothing can beat my Arctic so far, especially with nickel coils

And yup sub-ohm is a whole new experience, vapor and taste are on a completely different level, but you need the appropriate tanks/RDA's, mods and batteries to make sure you don't end up with a time bomb in your hand

Toxik

Contributor
It's so annoyingly hard to find good, cheap juice. Even though I've been almost only vaping juice from White Label Co lately, I really want some milk tea or sticky rice ejuice, but it's so damn expensive.
$22 for 30ml of juice when I can pay $20 for 120ml is just heartbreaking. Vaping has become such a ridiculous business lately, with everyone claiming their juice is "premium" so you should pay through the ass just becomes it comes in a glass bottle and has a fancy label
200.gif

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
@Toxik I'm so pissed right now..

Yesterday I spent the whole evening building my own coils on Kingertech Mini RBA. A couple of different setups with different GA and diameter aiming for the same 0.5 Ohm resistance.. On all of them I'm getting burnt taste at 30W.

Coil is perfectly built. It's compressed (no gap between wraps), it's firing up from inside out, no hot spots.. 26 GA Kanthal with 2.00 mm diameter 5/6 wraps = 0.62 Ohm coil.. Vaping at 25W - normal taste and vapor production. 28W - meeh taste, good vapor. 30W - burnt fucking taste. In the same time 0.65 Ohm pre-built OCC coils work just fine on 30-40W. Rewicked my custom built coils multiple times - same shit. Two-three puffs at 30W and burnt taste. Wick looks brownish on one side of the coil.

Tried the following coils. All were ending up in the same resistance range: 0.5-0.65 Ohm:

1. 26GA x 5 wraps x 2.0mm = 0.62 Ohm
2. 24GA x 5 wraps x 2.5mm = 0.6 Ohm
3. 22GA x 5 wraps x 3.0mm = 0.5 Ohm

Same shit with all of them.. Thinking about:

a. replacing O-rings in my tank;
b. trying dual-coil build;
c. buying new Kangertech Mini since I suspect something is wrong with airflow base (it looks to me like the tank started eating up juice much faster). As a matter of fact, I already bought one. MVS has them on 50% sale - just $30.

About to give up on RBA.

Toxik

Contributor
@Toxik I'm so pissed right now..

Yesterday I spent the whole evening building my own coils on Kingertech Mini RBA. A couple of different setups with different GA and diameter aiming for the same 0.5 Ohm resistance.. On all of them I'm getting burnt taste at 30W.

Coil is perfectly built. It's compressed (no gap between wraps), it's firing up from inside out, no hot spots.. 26 GA Kanthal with 2.00 mm diameter 5/6 wraps = 0.62 Ohm coil.. Vaping at 25W - normal taste and vapor production. 28W - meeh taste, good vapor. 30W - burnt fucking taste. In the same time 0.65 Ohm pre-built OCC coils work just fine on 30-40W. Rewicked my custom built coils multiple times - same shit. Two-three puffs at 30W and burnt taste. Wick looks brownish on one side of the coil.

Tried the following coils. All were ending up in the same resistance range: 0.5-0.65 Ohm:

1. 26GA x 5 wraps x 2.0mm = 0.62 Ohm
2. 24GA x 5 wraps x 2.5mm = 0.6 Ohm
3. 22GA x 5 wraps x 3.0mm = 0.5 Ohm

Same shit with all of them.. Thinking about:

a. replacing O-rings in my tank;
b. trying dual-coil build;
c. buying new Kangertech Mini since I suspect something is wrong with airflow base (it looks to me like the tank started eating up juice much faster). As a matter of fact, I already bought one. MVS has them on 50% sale - just $30.

About to give up on RBA.
All the subtanks have been pretty susceptible to leaking, so I'd look out for that!
I've never built micro coils for RBA tanks before, but I think it's pretty much about the same. The best thing I can recommend is check out YouTube tutorials just to make sure you're not doing something wrong. I really wish I could be of more help, but it looks to me like you've done everything right so there's really no reason it should be doing that, for the only exception of not tightening the screws holding the coil enough.
But since you really seem to know what you're doing though and there are no hot spots, I really don't know what could be wrong. If you have the time for it, you should definitely give a dual coil build a chance, but when I did that on my old RDA's it used juice a LOT faster, and it's usually more for vapor production than taste.
Honestly, when it comes to tanks, I'd rather just pay extra but get perfect pre-built coils from the company. It's a splurge since on many of them you can make your own coil, but I feel like I might as well since I haven't done coils in about 4 months.

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
All the subtanks have been pretty susceptible to leaking, so I'd look out for that!
I've never built micro coils for RBA tanks before, but I think it's pretty much about the same. The best thing I can recommend is check out YouTube tutorials just to make sure you're not doing something wrong. I really wish I could be of more help, but it looks to me like you've done everything right so there's really no reason it should be doing that, for the only exception of not tightening the screws holding the coil enough.
But since you really seem to know what you're doing though and there are no hot spots, I really don't know what could be wrong. If you have the time for it, you should definitely give a dual coil build a chance, but when I did that on my old RDA's it used juice a LOT faster, and it's usually more for vapor production than taste.
Honestly, when it comes to tanks, I'd rather just pay extra but get perfect pre-built coils from the company. It's a splurge since on many of them you can make your own coil, but I feel like I might as well since I haven't done coils in about 4 months.
By "micro coil" I mean primarily "compressed coil" (no gaps between wraps). I'll also try not compressed coil. In regards to leaking - I see no juice leaking out of the tank. There is quite a chance I don't fully understand the concept of "hot spots" - I'll stop by today at my local vape shoppe and talk to them. On top of that I need to buy 0mg nicotine juice for my wicking experiments because I'm getting dizzy like crazy testing 5 new coils in a row on 6mg nicotine juice :)

Toxik

Contributor
By "micro coil" I mean primarily "compressed coil" (no gaps between wraps). I'll also try not compressed coil. In regards to leaking - I see no juice leaking out of the tank. There is quite a chance I don't fully understand the concept of "hot spots" - I'll stop by today at my local vape shoppe and talk to them. On top of that I need to buy 0mg nicotine juice for my wicking experiments because I'm getting dizzy like crazy testing 5 new coils in a row on 6mg nicotine juice :)
Hot spots is basically when you heat your coil up without cotton, if it starts glowing red too quickly in random parts.
Also, once you compress it, it should glow red slowly and evenly starting from the very center of the coil. If you managed that, you're good!
And yeah 6mg hits kinda hard, especially when you're still not too used to vaping!
If you do want to keep making your own coils but are struggling with it, you might want to take a look at Kuro Koilers or any coiling help tool. They have neat videos showing how to use them on YouTube, and though I haven't tried it it does look a LOT easier than making a coil without any kind of help!

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Hot spots is basically when you heat your coil up without cotton, if it starts glowing red too quickly in random parts.
Also, once you compress it, it should glow red slowly and evenly starting from the very center of the coil. If you managed that, you're good!
That's what seems to be happening - when the coil is compressed it starts glowing red from inside out and then it's an even glow along the whole coil.. I've watched like 50 different videos and my coil looks exactly like the one one the videos and yet the part of cotton that is INSIDE the coil looks brown. Maybe I'm putting too much cotton? I'll check with the guys at shoppe today.
If you do want to keep making your own coils but are struggling with it, you might want to take a look at Kuro Koilers or any coiling help tool. They have neat videos showing how to use them on YouTube, and though I haven't tried it it does look a LOT easier than making a coil without any kind of help!
Way ahead of ya.. Bought this one a week ago :D http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017NWIHTS?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
@Toxik - I've finally built a successful coil. On 24GA 3mm diameter 6/7 wraps with small spacing between wraps. Resistance equaled 0.6 Ohm. Also, I separated the top and bottom layers from Koh Gen Do cotton since they seemed to be too pressed... Great flavor, clouds are even better, 35W.

Mission accomplished :)

Toxik

Contributor
@Toxik - I've finally built a successful coil. On 24GA 3mm diameter 6/7 wraps with small spacing between wraps. Resistance equaled 0.6 Ohm. Also, I separated the top and bottom layers from Koh Gen Do cotton since they seemed to be too pressed... Great flavor, clouds are even better, 35W.

Mission accomplished :)
Nice, congrats! Do you think it was the spacing?

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Nice, congrats! Do you think it was the spacing?
I think that most likely it was top and bottom pressed layers of cotton and me packing the wick too tight inside the coil. Maybe I got a shitty batch of cotton...

Toxik

Contributor

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
My girlfriend bought this a few years ago, and we still have about half of it:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MYXSRAQ?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

"premium" organic cotton sold by vape stores and websites is pure bullshit, it's the same as this
I was buying this one. Now I'm gonna try this one.

Question: what do you have to say about silica?

Here's the video of me vaping 50/50 VG/PG on 0.6 Ohm coil I've built: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cofvm1ziaa1e4cz/2015-12-18 23.09.09.mov?dl=0

So... After almost 6 month of vaping I possess:

1. Innokin MPV 3.0 Pro 60W mod with the iSub tank and 20 coils 0.5 Ohm resistance each (I barely use this tank);
  2. Innokin CoolFire IV 30W mod;
  3. eVic VT 60W mod (temperature control);
  4. Two Kangertech Mini tanks with 0.5 and 0.2 Ohm pre-built coils and 2 RBAs.
  5. DIY kit for coils;
  6. 10 rolls of different gauges and 20 squares of a cotton.
Planning to buy:
  1. Uwell Crown tank (wanna play with multi-coil setup)
  2. Haze dripper tank.
The question is - who exactly am I saving on my smoking expenses now when I switched to vaping from smoking?

Toxik

Contributor
Niice! My girlfriend also got both of us Uwell Crown tanks, they should be arriving Saturday. Judging from reviews, they're pretty great!

And lol
The question is - who exactly am I saving on my smoking expenses now when I switched to vaping from smoking?
This is the biggest problem. Every vaper spends a lot, especially at first, on finding the right setup. But in the end, once you find the right one for you, the only problem is the juice, and there are loads of sellers out there who sell 120ml bottles for about 13-15$

Reactions: PsychoRealm