Nothing_Much

Banned
Contributor
But it is.

When you realize what exactly an OS as powerful and sketchy Windows can be, then you'd think the opposite, but frankly, I don't care about anybody who uses Windows, I care that they USE Windows because they don't give a shit about ethics and wind up making people that give a shit wind up being forced to use Windows for stupid shit.

And yes, there's a difference between giving a shit about people's actions and people in general. I simply don't care about idiots that make stupid decisions.

Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Because Linux is as perfect as you make it out to be, right? No problems whatsoever.

Nothing_Much

Banned
Contributor
Because Linux is as perfect as you make it out to be, right? No problems whatsoever.

Are you kidding me? Package management is garbage and dependency hell is near intolerable, even Arch Linux's package management is garbage, but it beats whatever the hell Windows and Apple does and it's been around since the early 90s. Thankfully, I think it'll get fixed when Ubuntu's Snappy package management comes around.

The thing is, even with those flaws, I'd still take Linux over Windows and OS X. 'specially OS X.

Volvo88

Unremarkable User
You guys are funny. So much pointless arguing.

As for me i will not be upgrading to win10. Going to stick with my win7. I like this OS a lot and as long as it is getting updates i am happy.

Furthermore - i have a pirated win7 and never ever had an issue at all. Everything works as it is meant to. But then again i do not have anything of much interest on my computer. It is really just gaming and thats it.

I also use linux, backtrack and ubuntu, i like them both a lot. Although i spend most of the time playing with the features and doing pen test.

That is all

Nothing_Much

Banned
Contributor
You guys are funny. So much pointless arguing.

As for me i will not be upgrading to win10. Going to stick with my win7. I like this OS a lot and as long as it is getting updates i am happy.

Furthermore - i have a pirated win7 and never ever had an issue at all. Everything works as it is meant to. But then again i do not have anything of much interest on my computer. It is really just gaming and thats it.

I also use linux, backtrack and ubuntu, i like them both a lot. Although i spend most of the time playing with the features and doing pen test.

That is all

You realize Windows 7 will be EOLing soon in 2020, so enjoy it while it lasts and once you upgrade to Windows 10, you won't be able to disable automatic updates.

Curious though, since you use Ubuntu, do you know much about the differences between Snappy and Click packages?

Volvo88

Unremarkable User
You realize Windows 7 will be EOLing soon in 2020, so enjoy it while it lasts and once you upgrade to Windows 10, you won't be able to disable automatic updates.

Curious though, since you use Ubuntu, do you know much about the differences between Snappy and Click packages?

Honestly I do not know the difference between them. Have not read into it.

Yeah 2020 is still a little ahead. Also i will normally do a fresh windows install every 3 years as the OS just clogs up with all the registry fragmentation and certain things begin to fail. I have never had a windows OS run smoothly more than 5 years.

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
I wouldn't if I were you. There is a problem where windows forces you to update whenever there is an update. They forced an update to NVIDIA drivers that NVIDIA never released yet. So no people are having graphic problems.

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I wouldn't if I were you. There is a problem where windows forces you to update whenever there is an update. They forced an update to NVIDIA drivers that NVIDIA never released yet. So no people are having graphic problems.
Nvidia just released those drivers today, problem is gone.

As I've been using it all year, in my opinion Windows 10 is better than 8 and 7.

Reactions: Toxik

185db

Epic Skial Regular
If I upgrade to windows 10, can I just download it so I get the free promotion and then go back to windows 7 if I don't like it?

I honestly have no idea how operating systems and upgrades work.

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Ohh I have been busy and haven't read any updates on that since yesterday
Yeah that issue was annoying the shit out of me the past few days, had to reinstall my drivers a whole bunch but it's fixed up now.

If I upgrade to windows 10, can I just download it so I get the free promotion and then go back to windows 7 if I don't like it?

I honestly have no idea how operating systems and upgrades work.
If you don't format your drive while updating it should retain the Windows 7 files. And there is an option to downgrade to your past operating system.

Reactions: 185db

185db

Epic Skial Regular
If you don't format your drive while updating it should retain the Windows 7 files. And there is an option to downgrade to your past operating system.
Can I switch between them at will anytime I want though? What do you mean by format my drive.