Genocide

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I think Microsoft is most likely doing it because Apple has done it the past two upgrades. They have to be able to compete with free upgrades.However you have to pay to get Windows 10 if you don't upgrade for free this month. Apple keeps their upgrades free, so I wonder how that will work out.

Also where are you guys getting your information about pirate versions getting upgraded? Last I read Microsoft was talking about it in March, but they decided against doing that when they officially announced the free upgrade a few days ago.
Where am I getting the info about pirated versions getting offered the upgrade? Lets just say first hand. I will not say I am admitting to using pirated versions, but I have witnessed it first hand. A user with Windows 7 that utilized a program that removes certain authentication protocols to activate Windows received the message and reserved the copy with no issue. So perhaps do some research before negating something said and rating it dumb with no information to back it up.

Very mature with an additional dumb rating. Now grow up @KillerZebra

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
Strait from the website you linked
hVNeoJ4.png

And from Microsofts website

1URl6FR.png

Genocide

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Strait from the website you linked

And from Microsofts websi

Considering that pirated copies are able to easily pass the Genuine Windows verification tools..... How is that any different? I guess that could apply to some bootloader pirate copies that are unable to properly obtain updates, but anyone smart enough to run RemoveWAT instead of using a bootloader still reads as a fully legitimate copy.

I guess time will tell. We shall see what happens July 29th, @KillerZebra

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
Obviously there are ways around it I never argued that. I was just proving my initial point that it won't be a legit version like you claimed it was. I did do my research, if you read my first post.

Genocide

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Obviously there are ways around it I never argued that. I was just proving my initial point that it won't be a legit version like you claimed it was. I did do my research, if you read my first post.
Ok you got me there. I guess I am less inclined to read your entire posts when the first thing I see upon logging in is
Capture_zpskmm9fzen.png

I guess I just get blown away by your utter maturity on these forums sometimes and it overwhelms me with those warm fuzzy feelings.

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
I rated you dumb because you posted out-of-date news. And it is fun watching you over react when someone rates you a brown box on a website.

chuckwagon

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Who pirates Win8 anyways, it's shit. I thought it'd be good to post some of the downsides of Windows 10 (nothing concerning to most users but still something to note)
http://www.theverge.com/2015/6/1/8696949/windows-10-feature-loss

The Windows 8 OS is better than Win 7. It is just the UI that people don't like, myself included. But the OS itself is an improvement. Less memory leaks, etc. definitely not 'shit'. Using Classic shell to make it look/feel like 7 makes Win 8.1 easily superior to Win 7.

Nothing_Much

Banned
Contributor
Seriously?

Apparently it's "free as in free beer". So what? You guys have been pirating Windows for years, y'all shouldn't be praising MS for something you've been pirating but all of a sudden MS makes it "okay" to do so and you guys still give them praise? Their entire OS in general is garbage and you all should feel bad.

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
To me that article suggests that the watermark will be added to pirate versions of 10, not ones who have upgraded from pirated earlier versions, it states they will not be able to upgrade.
If you don't use the wga crack on 7 it brings up a notification all the time. If you do, they let you use updates, etc. all unrestricted. That tells me that they cannot tell at this point who has legit versions or not.

Nothing_Much

Banned
Contributor
Free for 1 year, but then you have to buy it after that 1 year?

Yeah, I believe people still enjoy using Microsoft products only because of DLL hell, which in it of itself is a lot less of a hassle than dependency hell.

Still a shit OS.

mohawkg2

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Free for 1 year, but then you have to buy it after that 1 year?

Yeah, I believe people still enjoy using Microsoft products only because of DLL hell, which in it of itself is a lot less of a hassle than dependency hell.

Still a shit OS.
Can you not understand that you get the whole OS for free if (and only if) you upgrade in the first year. After that one year you still own Windows 10 and can use it, just people who haven't already updated have to buy it. Learn to read, >>

No. You have one year to get the free version of Windows 10. It isn't free for only a year