Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Can I switch between them at will anytime I want though? What do you mean by format my drive.
Dual-booting? Yes you can, not sure if you can if you don't have more than one hard drive though.
And by format your drive I mean the hard drive that has Win 7 on it.

185db

Epic Skial Regular
Dual-booting? Yes you can, not sure if you can if you don't have more than one hard drive though.
And by format your drive I mean the hard drive that has Win 7 on it.
Oh! I never realized that operating systems worked by hard drive. I have no idea how to get 2 operating systems on to 1 hard-drive, and I have no interest in buying another one so I guess I will just stick with what I have. Thanks for the information.

185db

Epic Skial Regular
Does this guide provide accurate information? I don't want to do anything that could risk damaging anything. I will be sure to make a full backup of everything if I do decide to partition it.

http://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-create-hard-drive-partitions-in-windows/

I think I understand what I have to do, and I have a 1 trilabyte hard drive with 768/906 gigabytes free so space should not be a problem. I'm assuming I would just load the separate partition, and then download the system onto that one?

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Does this guide provide accurate information? I don't want to do anything that could risk damaging anything. I will be sure to make a full backup of everything if I do decide to partition it.

http://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-create-hard-drive-partitions-in-windows/

I think I understand what I have to do, and I have a 1 trilabyte hard drive with 768/906 gigabytes free so space should not be a problem. I'm assuming I would just load the separate partition, and then download the system onto that one?
If this is referring to backing up your data, there's no need to worry about it, Windows copies all the files when installing Windows 10. It might be worth it should something go wrong but odds are, your data will be safe post update. At least, that was the case for me.

185db

Epic Skial Regular
Have you guys noticed any differences in your frame rates? I heard and read from some places that Windows 10 gave them worse fps, but others are saying more.

I was wondering if that guide gave correct information on how to create a partition.

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Have you guys noticed any differences in your frame rates? I heard and read from some places that Windows 10 gave them worse fps, but others are saying more.

I was wondering if that guide gave correct information on how to create a partition.
I don`t think a UI or OS changes your frame rate. That'd be your processor and video card.

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor

I get the same exact framerate in 10 as I did in 7 and 8.

185db

Epic Skial Regular
I don`t think a UI or OS changes your frame rate. That'd be your processor and video card.
Well I mean, the operating system may be more taxing on your build (more programs in the background, automatic updating etc.) which in turn creates less frames per second.

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Well I mean, the operating system may be more taxing on your build (more programs in the background, automatic updating etc.) which in turn creates less frames per second.
Windows 10 runs just as smooth as 7 and 8 in-game.

Reactions: 185db

Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I haven't installed it yet. Waiting for some more reviews before I install it. Just in case there's some bugs or something.

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I haven't installed it yet. Waiting for some more reviews before I install it. Just in case there's some bugs or something.
There are very little bugs compared to other releases of Windows, thanks to the Insider program.