BBQ Prophet

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
Trade Server Rules
  • Begging, including trading series like "Scrap To Unusual" or asking for donations is considered Spam.
  • All Raffles and Events/Contests (trivia, costume, etc.) require an official Skial/SteamRep middleman.
  • Clear terms and agreements to any Wager, Raffle, Event or Contest must be posted in chat before it begins and all scores must also be posted in chat.
  • Interfering with a Wager/Event/Contest (such as partner taunting near a Spycrab) is considered Griefing
  • Profiles and Inventories must be public if trading.
  • No trading of any CD/Retail Game Keys/Codes
  • No item misrepresentation, such as:
    • Falsely claiming rarity (1-of-1, glitched, owned by celebrity, etc.)
    • Trading items renamed as other items
  • If no specific Spycrab rules are stated, the following rules are default and apply to all Spycrabs:
    • Each player agrees to the Wager in chat as follows:
      • "I agree to spycrab <opponent name> for <value of Wager>"
    • Both players hold out their disguise kits and taunt, keeping pace and making sure no one is ahead
    • First person to crab 3 times loses and must pay the winner the agreed amount.

Last edited:

ᴰᴶSn@@ke

Scarcely Lethal Noob
+1
I do agree scrap2unusual people are sometimes annoying because they're doing an overused "challenge" to most likely pity others into selling their items cheaper however, it's not as obnoxious as people straight up advertising that they're buying quicksells.

I also think there should be a decrease for how often you can use the !votemenu feature after doing a vote because it always gets abused, at least on me lol.

Last edited:

Papa Shekels

Mildly Menacing Medic
+1 there is no reason to say you are doing a scrap to unusual as all it is is a reason for trading. Saying you are doing one is an euphamism for begging

Reactions: BBQ Prophet

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
+1 to everything but that scrap to unusual thing
that one was retarded

T-Wayne

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
I dont agree with the first rule of your ruleset. Like alot of people here.

BBQ Prophet

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
I dont agree with the first rule of your ruleset. Like alot of people here.
I see that, although I feel that most hardcore traders and Trade server regulars are in support of disallowing begging and S2U. In fact, many of the servers that often surpass our Trade servers in population do not allow begging whatsoever, which really helps in keeping people seeding the server to bring in more players who also stay.
This Suggestion definitely needs more exposure and time to get a real response from our users; the weekend isn't a great time to get a response from traders (we like to party lol)

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
+1

Could we also not allow people taking up more space in chat than needed? For instance "@@@@@@@@@@ BUYING BILLS HAT @@@@@@@@@@@@@@", I've seen that quite a lot where people are just trying to take up more space in chat.

courtsnort♩♪♫♬

Banned
Contributor
I have more experience trading and more time on the trade servers than most people here, so I'm confident in saying that "scrap2unusual" is not always begging and doesn't hurt anyone. If you don't want to participate in their challenge, you don't have to. Only problem I've ever seen come from a scrap2unusual trader, is the entire server ganging up on them harassing them just for using a simple slogan. It's not that hard to just ignore someone you don't want to trade, they aren't spamming and aren't breaking rules.

Reactions: T-Wayne

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I have more experience trading and more time on the trade servers than most people here, so I'm confident in saying that "scrap2unusual" is not always begging and doesn't hurt anyone. If you don't want to participate in their challenge, you don't have to. Only problem I've ever seen come from a scrap2unusual trader, is the entire server ganging up on them harassing them just for using a simple slogan. It's not that hard to just ignore someone you don't want to trade, they aren't spamming and aren't breaking rules.

If they want to say that they're doing it, sure - but if they're begging for items (I've seen many people simply saying "Does anyone have any free items, I'm doing scrap to unusual") then this shouldn't be allowed.

courtsnort♩♪♫♬

Banned
Contributor
If they want to say that they're doing it, sure - but if they're begging for items (I've seen many people simply saying "Does anyone have any free items, I'm doing scrap to unusual") then this shouldn't be allowed.
Obviously. Myself and everyone else are talking about people who don't directly beg. Which, the majority don't beg. They just announce they're doing scrap2unusual and carry on advertising what they are buying and selling. Even if they do throw in the rare "feel free to donate" AFTER advertising that they are in fact selling and buying as well, there's no need to ban that. Skial Trade servers are already thinning out over the years, and banning a popular slogan definitely isn't going to help

185db

Epic Skial Regular
I would also like to point out the possible issues with "no trading items renamed as other items". I see what you're going for, but as long as the person understands which item they are actually getting there shouldn't be an issue with it. I would just remove that small clause.

On second thought, I would reword it to "attempting to misrepresent an item renamed as another".

I am indifferent towards the scrap2unusual thing.

I very much like the specific spycrab agreement format.

+1

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
My early tf2 admining was with MCT and after Skial, I gave HG a go for a bit as well but at least 2000+ hours have gone into trading. I can guarantee you that S2U is not begging, they are 2 separate categories. Besides, you put no begging so that doesn't need to be stated, if the people doing S2U are begging, we can just punish them for begging. I don't understand why we need to take the fun out of their little game, a majority of trading communities don't so we shouldn't either. It just seems like you're more annoyed with those people than anything else.

Reactions: Sir Cakez

Dave

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Now I am not experienced with trading what-so-ever but I play on the trade servers for fun. This is what I see when I read this.

Begging, including trading series like "Scrap To Unusual" or asking for donations is considered Spam.
I do not see anything wrong with begging. If you don't like what you hear/see, Mute/!ignore player in you chat/main menu. No different that if someone does not want to hear that "kid" on the mic/chat.

• All Raffles and Events/Contests (trivia, costume, etc.) require an official Skial/SteamRep middleman.
  • Clear terms and agreements to any Wager, Raffle, Event or Contest must be posted in chat before it begins and all scores must also be posted in chat.
So,,,,Are you now going to have an official Skial/SteamRep middleman available 24/7? Are we taking appointments?
Your saying that If I want (as a player) unload some of my junk from by backpack, I.E. "I ask server to find me and get free item and than give it to them" will get me ban?

Clear terms and agreements to any Wager, Raffle, Event or Contest must be posted in chat before it begins and all scores must also be posted in chat.
If the an official Skial/SteamRep middleman that you wanted to take care of all of these does not make it clear enough or makes a minor mistake, does the an official Skial/SteamRep middleman get ban?
And by "whom" is the clear terms to be understood by and who to judge to if the terms are understood by the other party. "I not English well but ok you give"

Profiles and Inventories must be public if trading.
Its called "Buyer Beware".

No trading of any CD/Retail Game Keys/Codes
There goes secret Santa 2017

• Falsely claiming rarity (1-of-1, glitched, owned by celebrity, etc.)
  • Trading items renamed as other items
Correct me if I am wrong but if an item has been "renamed" It clearly stated that on the item>?
And nothing wrong with "poofing" . The item is just an item. Even if Justin Bieber used as a microphone or Martha Stewart using as a hammer, called "Buyer Beware" Look up the item and check out the prices.
BTW Bob Barker looked at my back pack so my item are worth 3 fold now.

Interfering with a Wager/Event/Contest (such as partner taunting near a Spycrab) is considered Griefing
If your stupid enough to spy crab "Outside of the designated LOCKABLE spy crab rooms" what would you think would happen.
There are lockable rooms on all Skial trade servers for spy crabbing or just to lock yourself up in a room by yourself.

Again, I may be WAY off because of the inexperience in trading but this was my first thoughts of this.

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I do not see anything wrong with begging. If you don't like what you hear/see, Mute/!ignore player in you chat/main menu. No different that if someone does not want to hear that "kid" on the mic/chat.

This is irrelivant, it's a trade server... the point is that even if you mute someone, everyone else can still see their messages.
If someone is begging, then they're partially wasting a slot on a server that would've been taken by someone wanting to trade.

Its called "Buyer Beware".
It's called being on a trade server and people being able to look at your items, to offer if they want.

There goes secret Santa 2017
...this is just for the servers, secret santa and other events should have some kind of fairness envolved.

If your stupid enough to spy crab "Outside of the designated LOCKABLE spy crab rooms" what would you think would happen.
There are lockable rooms on all Skial trade servers for spy crabbing or just to lock yourself up in a room by yourself.
Lockable rooms aren't always available because people can glitch the doors shut, plus on some maps they can be unlocked.

Dave

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
so what @Luke is saying is that trade server are only for trading and all others should be kick out and every one in there has a right to see others profile and backpack.

And when are the lock rooms not avible? they are 99% of the time empty.

Blade D_Hero

Contributor
This is irrelivant, it's a trade server... the point is that even if you mute someone, everyone else can still see their messages.
If someone is begging, then they're partially wasting a slot on a server that would've been taken by someone wanting to trade.

Last time I checked we don't kick/ban people for being on a trade server and not trading. While it may sound annoying if someone is begging, let the server leave it up to a vote if it gets too annoying. I've yet to see more than 1/2 people on a trade server get mad at someone asking for items, and even then they're usually more annoying than the person asking because they flame him over voice while he was using chat that gets drowned out every second.

It's called being on a trade server and people being able to look at your items, to offer if they want.

If a person wants to trade, they don't need a public profile. They literally just have to say "I'm selling ____, trade if interested." Or "I'm buying ____." They don't need a public profile to accomplish this.

...this is just for the servers, secret santa and other events should have some kind of fairness envolved.

As Dave said, this is simply buyer beware. We don't have to police every trade that takes place on our servers. If someone wants to buy a CD key or the like without a middleman, that's on them. We don't have to hold their hand for every trade.

Lockable rooms aren't always available because people can glitch the doors shut, plus on some maps they can be unlocked.

Sounds like a mapper fixing this issue would be better than adding a new rule.