BBQ Prophet

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
Trade Server Rules
  • Begging, including trading series like "Scrap To Unusual" or asking for donations is considered Spam.
  • All Raffles and Events/Contests (trivia, costume, etc.) require an official Skial/SteamRep middleman.
  • Clear terms and agreements to any Wager, Raffle, Event or Contest must be posted in chat before it begins and all scores must also be posted in chat.
  • Interfering with a Wager/Event/Contest (such as partner taunting near a Spycrab) is considered Griefing
  • Profiles and Inventories must be public if trading.
  • No trading of any CD/Retail Game Keys/Codes
  • No item misrepresentation, such as:
    • Falsely claiming rarity (1-of-1, glitched, owned by celebrity, etc.)
    • Trading items renamed as other items
  • If no specific Spycrab rules are stated, the following rules are default and apply to all Spycrabs:
    • Each player agrees to the Wager in chat as follows:
      • "I agree to spycrab <opponent name> for <value of Wager>"
    • Both players hold out their disguise kits and taunt, keeping pace and making sure no one is ahead
    • First person to crab 3 times loses and must pay the winner the agreed amount.

Last edited:

BBQ Prophet

My Suggestion could apparently use some clarification so the mostly-non-traders voicing their opinions (???) can understand the purpose of said Suggestion.
Begging, including trading series like "Scrap To Unusual" or asking for donations is considered Spam.
Everyone on the server who is trading is trading for some goal, even if that goal is the fun of trading. Announcing a trading series like S2U is at the very least redundant and unnecessary and is actuality very annoying to server regulars and real traders, whose seeding is the lifeblood of the server. S2U players can make the difference between a half-full server and a dead server; I see it all the time. Without the tools for players to remove those many, and seemingly-encouraged annoyances, the seeds leave and the server is dead until the cycle starts again. Yes, players can client-mute people, but the reality is that they just don't because connecting to a populated trade server where begging isn't allowed is easier.
All Raffles and Events/Contests (trivia, costume, etc.) require an official Skial/SteamRep middleman.
This means that without an official middleman present, chat-and-mic-wasting costume and other contests are not allowed because the hosts of these Events often promise prizes and almost as often do not give them, and like S2U, annoy traders and regulars. This also means that a present official middleman can refuse such an Event to occur if it would be detrimental to an active, trading server. This doesn't mean anyone will have to be on call to jump in and oversee a contest; it means they shouldn't happen unless guaranteed; it's fraud prevention and seed-saving.
Clear terms and agreements to any Wager, Raffle, Event or Contest must be posted in chat before it begins and all scores must also be posted in chat.
This is fraud prevention as well; making evidence collection much easier and allowing a present admin to stop a contest that doesn't protect its participants (especially in Spycrabbing)
Interfering with a Wager/Event/Contest (such as partner taunting near a Spycrab) is considered Griefing
Nobody likes their (sometimes) high-risk gamble being interrupted by a troll using the Kick Taunt or similar; seeds leave when they can't stop it.
Profiles and Inventories must be public if trading.
We are affiliated with SteamRep, and as such, it is our duty to provide adequate tools to our users to protect themselves. There is no good reason why a person trading shouldn't be able to view the profile and items of their trading partner. Research is key in the individual's fraud prevention process and giving players less ability to do timely, informed and patient research on players and items only makes them more vulnerable; for example, quick-switch scams are much easier to facilitate when a player can't see if their trading partner has similarly-looking items to their intended acquisition and if they have to change between their research and the trade window. We cannot protect those not smart enough to protect themselves but we can and should provide them the ability.
No trading of any CD/Retail Game Keys/Codes
SteamRep does not pursue fraud relating to these kinds of trades; therefore, we should not allow them.
No item misrepresentation, such as:

• Falsely claiming rarity (1-of-1, glitched, owned by celebrity, etc.)
    Trading items renamed as other items
Fraud prevention, especially in conjunction with requiring public access to profiles and inventories.
If no specific Spycrab rules are stated, the following rules are default and apply to all Spycrabs:

• Each player agrees to the Wager in chat as follows:

• "I agree to spycrab <opponent name> for <value of Wager>"
    Both players hold out their disguise kits and taunt, keeping pace and making sure no one is ahead
    First person to crab 3 times loses and must pay the winner the agreed amount.
Fraud prevention and streamlining.

Last edited:

shoooooooooooooooo

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Everyone on the server who is trading is trading for some goal, even if that goal is the fun of trading. Announcing a trading series like S2U is at the very least redundant and unnecessary and is actuality very annoying to server regulars and real traders, whose seeding is the lifeblood of the server. S2U players can make the difference between a half-full server and a dead server; I see it all the time. Without the tools for players to remove those many, and seemingly-encouraged annoyances, the seeds leave and the server is dead until the cycle starts again. Yes, players can client-mute people, but the reality is that they just don't because connecting to a populated trade server where begging isn't allowed is easier.
this makes no sense
there's absolutely no way in hell that you traders are this touchy that you'll avoid a server just because of something as hilariously trivial as this. That's like cutting all ties to a person if they say "i'm loving it." after they take a bite into a burger. It's insane how much this stuff actually bothers you, and from what i've seen it just comes from a place of malice.

Reactions: Pedro the fabulous

courtsnort♩♪♫♬

Banned
Contributor
As an actual trader, I agree that what he is saying is completely biased and is not factually based on anything.

Not to mention I don't understand why he keeps trying to imply that people who don't frequently trade shouldn't be allowed to have an opinion, especially seeing as this is all common sense and you don't need much trade experience to see it

Reactions: RMSniper

BBQ Prophet

this makes no sense
there's absolutely no way in hell that you traders are this touchy that you'll avoid a server just because of something as hilariously trivial as this. That's like cutting all ties to a person if they say "i'm loving it." after they take a bite into a burger. It's insane how much this stuff actually bothers you, and from what i've seen it just comes from a place of malice.
As an actual trader, I agree that what he is saying is completely biased and is not factually based on anything.

Not to mention I don't understand why he keeps trying to imply that people who don't frequently trade shouldn't be allowed to have an opinion, especially seeing as this is all common sense and you don't need much trade experience to see it

There are plenty of options for trade servers in TF2. Our allowing this leaves us well behind the cutting edge. You may not see it and that's fine. Though I would readily stake that you care more about being detrimental to me than you do about our Trade servers. Perceived implication is just that; and on the same card, many heavy-hitting, influential traders perceive that Skial implies begging is encouraged and they don't come here because they have options that better suit their tastes. I'm not saying S2U is the end of the world or that it keeps me up at night, although I do believe it had a dramatic, negative effect on TF2's economy. I'm saying that we are cutting off our nose to spite our face in allowing this just for the sake of allowing it.

shoooooooooooooooo

Australian Skial God
Contributor
There are plenty of options for trade servers in TF2. Our allowing this leaves us well behind the cutting edge. You may not see it and that's fine. Though I would readily stake that you care more about being detrimental to me than you do about our Trade servers. Perceived implication is just that; and on the same card, many heavy-hitting, influential traders perceive that Skial implies begging is encouraged and they don't come here because they have options that better suit their tastes. I'm not saying S2U is the end of the world or that it keeps me up at night, although I do believe it had a dramatic, negative effect on TF2's economy. I'm saying that we are cutting off our nose to spite our face in allowing this just for the sake of allowing it.
I delivered my series of jabs in that group of yours, everything i'm saying here is exactly how i feel. I see your point of view as being, like I already said, from a place of malice (after having seen that group, it's pretty obvious to me.) and saying that S2U has anything to do with begging is severely grasping at straws.

Reactions: RMSniper

TheMiningAlex

Positively Inhumane Poster
mIf your stupid enough to spy crab "Outside of the designated LOCKABLE spy crab rooms" what would you think would happen.
There are lockable rooms on all Skial trade servers for spy crabbing or just to lock yourself up in a room by yourself.

I didn't think there was a lockable room on the US trade server.

THE BIG ONE

Scarcely Lethal Noob
+1

We need to BURN ALL THESE begging bastards from all Skial Servers. I'm tired of all these morons coming to the servers getting free shit while I'm there all day trying to trade a damn 1 Refined metal item and these idiots come in and get free shit because they're doing "A SCRAP TO UNUSUAL". This is nothing but a scam. Ban these bastards!!!!!! I did mean BURN and BAN

Reedgreat

Gore-Spattered Heavy
+1
But I disagree with your rule about begging, but that can be adjusted in the future.
I am surprised that this wasn't suggested a long time ago...(or was it?)

freeman_

Somewhat Threatening Sniper

I don't even know if -1 is a thing.... but I don't agree. Scrap to Unusual traders are not even that big of a problem. But middlemen for raffles? Seems like a step In the wrong direction.

BBQ Prophet

I don't even know if -1 is a thing.... but I don't agree. Scrap to Unusual traders are not even that big of a problem. But middlemen for raffles? Seems like a step In the wrong direction.
I'm sure your opinion is heavily influenced by my silencing you. However, you should know that Skial already requires a middleman for raffles.