Status
Not open for further replies.

Truth Seeker

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I demoed this gametype on Kablowsion, but now since I'm permabanned from there, I think we could benefit from a dedicated server for it, or it being added to the custom maps rotation.
The only other server I found is always full, but I'm banned from there, too. If you haven't tried it yet, it's actually pretty fun for a little while.

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
The only problem with Jailbreak in Tf2 is that it's so extremely easy to kill blue that its not even funny. For it to be somewhat like jailbreak there needs to be some balancing of some sort so blue doesn't get completely slaughtered all the time

It's really not. When people are playing "correctly", the moment a red steps out of line blue is free to kill them. Sure, some blues die if they get too close or don't pay enough attention, but that's the point.

mohawkg2

Australian Skial God
Contributor
It's really not. When people are playing "correctly", the moment a red steps out of line blue is free to kill them. Sure, some blues die if they get too close or don't pay enough attention, but that's the point.

its hard when you get swarmed by reds

Blade D_Hero

Contributor
The only thing I don't like are the free-killing BLU players. Like when they sticky-trap the cells or just set fire to everything the second the cells open.

mohawkg2

Australian Skial God
Contributor
The only thing I don't like are the free-killing BLU players. Like when they sticky-trap the cells or just set fire to everything the second the cells open.

hehe yea i completely agree with this so if you play jailbreak dont do this. unless you feel the need to mindlessly kill. ahem. NOT LIKE ME

Twilight

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
There needs to be a blacklist of items: Eureka effect, caber, spycicle, YER, deadringer, cloak and dagger, cow mangler, bison, pomson, and there's most likely a few more but i cant think of them right now too sleepy.
Eureka Effect: Allow red engies to get setup in their cells before the round starts

Caber: Can Nearly instant kill the light classes

Spycicle/Yer: The silent killing sorta makes it easier for a red spy to get a quick kill, and no one on blue will notice until it too late. I dont have faith that they will actually hit tab to see who is up, or notice the number players decreasing on the counter of the top of the screen.

deadringer: Can allow a red spy to break a rule quickly deadring leave the area and then wreck havoc, there's most likely another issue but again to sleepy to come up with anything.

Cloak and Dagger: Spy can just hide in the corner all day everyday

Cow Mangler/Bison/Pomson: Defeats the point of red trying to get into the armory, or find ammo boxes since those of unlimited ammo

Odds are these are some crappy reason but this is something I just now thought up and think might be some help.

JosieWoman125

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
From what Twi said
the items are not disabled on other jailbreak maps except minecraft for some reason (Which means some jailbreak maps might have not been working with jailbreak for some reason)
I do agree on the Eureka Effect due to ammo regaining.

Another suggestion of mine, red's melee damage does we could say 20 damage except Scout's bat which does 10 (since fast batting)
Ban the Spy since they can just find a way behind you, and backstab you like you're nothing, and another thing. In the Minecraft map, it's just too fucking easy to get into the armory. I think the map should either be revised or removed somehow.

Avenger

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Is voice purposely disabled? I really can't tell, because it works from time to time. It almost never works on Minecraft, but it worked on a couple of the other maps. Voice is vital to playing jailbreak; if a Blu starts to type, he just gets stabbed or beat down; GG

hXcjedders

Australian Skial God
Plz to remove Sandman and Wrap Assassin as well.

In addition, I've heard some servers just disable spy outright because the class in general makes it way too easy to kill BLU.

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Is voice purposely disabled? I really can't tell, because it works from time to time. It almost never works on Minecraft, but it worked on a couple of the other maps. Voice is vital to playing jailbreak; if a Blu starts to type, he just gets stabbed or beat down; GG

Voice works fine, people just aren't talking.

Plz to remove Sandman and Wrap Assassin as well.

In addition, I've heard some servers just disable spy outright because the class in general makes it way too easy to kill BLU.

Some of the ones I've played on allow it, turns out fine.

Cube

Jailbreak Moderator

People even got requests to speak into the microphone to ensure the feature was working or not.

sboles

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I was playing YER spy, and yes it does make BLU too easy to kill. I could kill all 4 of them in like 30 seconds.

Phaiz

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Map just needs to be removed and replaced. This would be much easier, require less work and make the masses happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.