Status
Not open for further replies.

Truth Seeker

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I demoed this gametype on Kablowsion, but now since I'm permabanned from there, I think we could benefit from a dedicated server for it, or it being added to the custom maps rotation.
The only other server I found is always full, but I'm banned from there, too. If you haven't tried it yet, it's actually pretty fun for a little while.

Bacon Master

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Contributor
Two things.
1) What is the point and objective of this gamemode?
2) What did you do to get banned?

Reactions: sov

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Two things.
1) What is the point and objective of this gamemode?

I'm not sure if its different in TF2, but in CSS Jailbreak is basically where Counter-Terrorist have weapons, Terrorist get only knives.

CT's (counter terrorist) have a "leader" that give the Terrorists commands to keep them in order, for example "crouch to the center of the map".

Counter-terrorist cannot shoot the Terrorist unless they either A) try to kill a CT, if they follow the given command wrong, or if they "rebel" by ignoring the counter-terrorist's orders or disobeying them.

Counter-terrorists keep giving commands to dwindle down the numbers of the Terrorists (dwindle down their numbers by subjecting them to various 'games' and commands that allow them to kill the ones who the command wrong or lose the 'games' they have to play) while the Terrorists try to sneak off and kill Counter-Terrorist by either sneaking up on them with their melee weapon or by finding dropped / hidden weapons / going to the counter-terrorist's weapon armory to use against CT's.

One team loses when the entire team is dead.

That's what it was like on the Jailbreak server I played on in CSS, I'm assuming the concept is mostly the same in TF2, just with Red and Blue instead of CT's and T's

It sounds horribly unbalanced, but the side without weapons significantly outnumbers the team with weapons.

In the end it's usually fairly balanced

Again I don't know if TF2 jailbreak is the same, I'm just applying the CS jailbreak concept that I've played

Bacon Master

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Contributor
I'm not sure if its different in TF2, but in CSS Jailbreak is basically where Counter-Terrorist have weapons, Terrorist get only knives.

CT's (counter terrorist) have a "leader" that give the Terrorists commands to keep them in order, for example "crouch to the center of the map".

Counter-terrorist cannot shoot the Terrorist unless they either A) try to kill a CT, if they follow the given command wrong, or if they "rebel" by ignoring the counter-terrorist's orders or disobeying them.

Counter-terrorists keep giving commands to dwindle down the numbers of the Terrorists (dwindle down their numbers by subjecting them to various 'games' and commands that allow them to kill the ones who the command wrong or lose the 'games' they have to play) while the Terrorists try to sneak off and kill Counter-Terrorist by either sneaking up on them with their melee weapon or by finding dropped / hidden weapons / going to the counter-terrorist's weapon armory to use against CT's.

That's what it was like on the Jailbreak server I played on in CSS, I'm assuming the concept is mostly the same in TF2, just with Red and Blue instead of CT's and T's

It sounds horribly unbalanced, but the side without weapons significantly outnumbers the team with weapons.

Again I don't know if TF2 jailbreak is the same, I'm just applying the CS jailbreak concept that I've played
Just from reading your first sentence I htink I kow hwat you are talking about. Is it like cops n' robbers?

Truth Seeker

Australian Skial God
Contributor
In this case, red can be ordered to do things ranging from having a dance party, to killing each other, to even playing a minigame and whatnot.
It's enjoyable triumphing over the prison guards, because it pisses them the fuck off, and usually, no one ever manages beating them because they're too stupid and/or lazy.

Phaiz

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
this mode is also seen in starcraft.. at least starcraft 1, not so sure about sc2. it has its crowd. the only question is weather or not its financially practical.

SarcasticWisdom

Australian Skial God
Contributor

you forgot about last request...

Mathias

Truly Feared Pyro
Contributor
I was once a member of two different communities that ran this Modification for Counter-Strike: Source. So my experience is with the CS version only.

Pros
There is a large following for this modification

Cons
Constant whining
Constant complaining
Constant children pestering the admins
Spam fest
Ban request will triple, quadrupedal.

Get used to the word "FREEKILL" and the large amount of spam that will follow. Skial is large enough that I high recommend against this modification. It will cause stress with the admins and the rest of the community. EVERY single community that I have seen running this modification has had major problems with those who play this. It's like an invitation for every little child out there to come running with full diapers and an itchy mic finger.

You think some of the mic spam reports you get now is bad, just add this and watch your heads exploded almost instantaneously.

I know I'm a nobody but if this modification was added to the community, I would have to walk away from Skial forums.

Please heed my warnings above!

SarcasticWisdom

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I was once a member of two different communities that ran this Modification for Counter-Strike: Source. So my experience is with the CS version only.

Pros
There is a large following for this modification

Cons
Constant whining
Constant complaining
Constant children pestering the admins
Spam fest
Ban request will triple, quadrupedal.

Get used to the word "FREEKILL" and the large amount of spam that will follow. Skial is large enough that I high recommend against this modification. It will cause stress with the admins and the rest of the community. EVERY single community that I have seen running this modification has had major problems with those who play this. It's like an invitation for every little child out there to come running with full diapers and an itchy mic finger.

You think some of the mic spam reports you get now is bad, just add this and watch your heads exploded almost instantaneously.

I know I'm a nobody but if this modification was added to the community, I would have to walk away from Skial forums.

Please heed my warnings above!

dude what servers did you play on? this never happens

Status
Not open for further replies.