Status
Not open for further replies.

Truth Seeker

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I demoed this gametype on Kablowsion, but now since I'm permabanned from there, I think we could benefit from a dedicated server for it, or it being added to the custom maps rotation.
The only other server I found is always full, but I'm banned from there, too. If you haven't tried it yet, it's actually pretty fun for a little while.

hXcjedders

Australian Skial God
Yeah if the server gets a good reg population, the game will be run a lot smoother since most people will actually want to play jailbreak.

Kairi

Banned
Contributor
This is a gaming community, we are not supposed to tell kids how to behave... I guess we should give this some time, so the server get's some regs and everything will go way smoother.
How they have to behave on the server depending on the character they are and that has to be shown by other players. I mean more as in the context of "how to play".

Kairi

Banned
Contributor
Yeah if the server gets a good reg population, the game will be run a lot smoother since most people will actually want to play jailbreak.

It just have to get time to settle down. Regs getting their, people learning how to play. It should get smoother in few days.

Bottiger

Administrator
I made the jailbreak server because Fortwars was practically dead, and I had tried all sorts of different vanilla maps in EU with little change in population.

I remember last year when people had nothing good to say about deathrun and now the servers are more popular than saxton hale.

There are statistics showing that it is very popular right now. Maybe it is just a fad, but it deserves a chance.

If you really think it will fail then there's no need to whine about it.

lordthree

Truly Feared Pyro
Contributor
I made the jailbreak server because Fortwars was practically dead, and I had tried all sorts of different vanilla maps in EU with little change in population.

I remember last year when people had nothing good to say about deathrun and now the servers are more popular than saxton hale.

There are statistics showing that it is very popular right now. Maybe it is just a fad, but it deserves a chance.

If you really think it will fail then there's no need to whine about it.

Is there anyway we could switch it back for like... just one night? I've been talking up fortwars to the turbine guys and we had planned on playing friday but now I see it's not available.

Bottiger

Administrator
Sorry but I can't just switch the game mode while 30 players are on it. Plus I already deleted the fortwars files.

staticvoid

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
When can we just get rid of jailbreak? It'd take a lot of shit off admin's shoulders quite literally it is shit

flanky

Australian Skial God
Contributor
When can we just get rid of jailbreak? It'd take a lot of shit off admin's shoulders quite literally it is shit
If we did that, we would lose an extremely popular server. It fills up before I'm even on, and it stays like that for the entire day.

Drum

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Mapper
Ask Bottiger to remove a server that is usually filled with 32 players. Oh wait.

Blade D_Hero

Contributor

Until it proves to be dead, that will never happen. When I was playing today it was actually going nicely, don't say anything if you don't play there regularly.

flanky

Australian Skial God
Contributor
People are always complaining about Jailbreak. The game isn't bad at all, and I enjoy playing it. The only problem is the players. 50% of the server is under 13, and you sometimes get douchebags, but you learn to deal with it after a while.

Also, playing on Jailbreak for extended periods of time will lower your skill. It's a fact.

Do Skial have any admin that are clocking in a fair amount of time on Jailbreak? I've heard that Jedders are there a bit, but it's probably for the best if we recruit an admin that is actually a regular on that server. Otherwise the hell-as-recognised-as-jailbreak will continue to dominate the report section until the end of times.

...maybe blade could be promoted,
who doesn't love blade?

flanky

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Do Skial have any admin that are clocking in a fair amount of time on Jailbreak? I've heard that Jedders are there a bit, but it's probably for the best if we recruit an admin that is actually a regular on that server. Otherwise the hell-as-recognised-as-jailbreak will continue to dominate the report section until the end of times.

who doesn't love blade?
I've seen Twi and Sarcasm on a few times, but not that much. Jedders is more common, but it still isn't enough.
*COUGH* Blade *COUGH*

Cube

Jailbreak Moderator
Also, playing on Jailbreak for extended periods of time will lower your skill. It's a fact.

I can relate. I kept dropping ubers last night in doublecross. I need to spend more time back home in Dustbowl|Chicago.

Drum

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Mapper

who doesn't love blade?
It's just always going to generate a lot of reports. I go on a lot. I've seen Sarcasm, Twilight, and Jedders on as well. Patience only lasts so long though, I can't play very long without needing to take a break.

Status
Not open for further replies.