• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper
I think initially you shouldn't ban someone for toxicity but instead give them a mute or temp-ban them for 30min, just to let them cool off. We could give them 3strikes in a 3month period and then consider extending their ban.

I'd also like to add that most people don't read the rules and even more people don't know how to mute people on Skial server or even how to mute people in-game and that muting someone in-game also mutes them in chat.

Excuse me what is 'toxicity'?

User

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Contributor
Well I guess harassment could be used against kids, if they're really fucking cringey or annoying.

Oni

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Extreme harassment, yes. But my only issue is how do you know where to draw the line?
"the line" is probably what's holding us back, i don't think you can define such a line. Again i would look into how it's handled in actual legal cases if i wanted such a line. I think looking at each case individually and having multiple mods agree on a decision would be the best approach.

I'm sure that nobody likes being told to shutup by a russian over the course of several hours, that happened tho.

Oni

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
In a bar you're going to look pretty retarded if you continue to do something silly to somebody who has already told you to fuck off.

This.
So you expect that someone else would help you with your problem? You wouldn't just shut your ears and eyes closed and "hope" the problem goes away or would you rather leave the bar? You didn't really answer my question.

toxicity would be someone yelling and throwing shit around, insulting players in ways that are not related to the game. Being generally unpleasent to have on the server.

this -short- article explains it much better than me: https://psychcentral.com/blog/archives/2014/02/28/whats-a-toxic-person-how-do-you-deal-with-one/
I think if you described them as a bully, it might fit. Altho of these toxic people are bullies to others around them and don't care about behaving.

Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper
You wouldn't just shut your ears and eyes closed and "hope" the problem goes away or would you rather leave the bar? You didn't really answer my question.

I answered your question perfectly.

Mildly Menacing Medic
Pull this shit again and you'll be beaten to an inch of your life.

I already have elsewhere - this greedy forum required me to post twice!

But, if you insist:

UOSPrWg.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Defibyoulater

Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper
You're welcome to answer the question directly instead of avoiding it. Obviously you wouldn't just "mute" the person and have the harassment stop that way.

I think I know if I answered a question or not.

Just fucking mute the user who is harassing you and then you won't be 'harassed' anymore.

Tyknighter

Positively Inhumane Poster
I think I know if I answered a question or not.

Just fucking mute the user who is harassing you and then you won't be 'harassed' anymore.
There is a problem to that as well, if the user that mutes the person that is harassing player and still wants to use the mic that person might talk over them and vise versa. And even then I will say this again not everyone is just gonna mute the guy, sad but true.