Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I don't think I've ever encountered a shiny Pokemon, unless I was too young to realize it was a shiny one and didn't bother to capture it
It kinda lost its wow factor for me with how easy it was to find them in OR/AS

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Wtf is Decidueye?

From Level Up:
  • Level 1: Spirit Shackle, U-Turn, Tackle, Leafage
  • Level 4: Growl
  • Level 8: Peck
  • Level 11: Astonish
  • Level 15: Razor Leaf
  • Level 19: Foresight
  • Level 24: Pluck
  • Level 28: Synthesis
  • Level 33: Fury Attack
  • Level 38: Sucker Punch
  • Level 44: Leaf Blade
  • Level 49: Feather Dance
  • Level 55: Brave Bird
  • Level 60: Nasty Plot
Notice something about all the moves in Red? They're physical... so wtf is this.
Level 60: Nasty Plot
It learns not ONE physical move by level up and that's its last move? It's base special attack is also less than physical, is this a joke?

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Wtf is Decidueye?

From Level Up:

• Level 1: Spirit Shackle, U-Turn, Tackle, Leafage
    Level 4: Growl
    Level 8: Peck
    Level 11: Astonish
    Level 15: Razor Leaf
    Level 19: Foresight
    Level 24: Pluck
    Level 28: Synthesis
    Level 33: Fury Attack
    Level 38: Sucker Punch
    Level 44: Leaf Blade
    Level 49: Feather Dance
    Level 55: Brave Bird
Notice something about all the moves in Red? They're physical... so wtf is this.

It learns not ONE physical move by level up and that's its last move?
It's a better physical attacker but it's special attack stats are barely lower. It's fine with both so the nasty plot learn isn't weird.

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
It's a better physical attacker but it's special attack stats are barely lower. It's fine with both so the nasty plot learn isn't weird.
Oh, I'd be fine with that, but let's look at it's special move pool:
  • Solar Beam, okay cool but it's speed stat isn't the best and it's got a lot of weaknesses so setting up with Sunny Day isn't worth it, especially when it can learn brave bird
  • Shadow Ball, stab but because it gets Spirit Shackle which has the same base power, it's better to put that on it. The additional effect is just better than that 20% to drop SpD
  • Round and Echoed Voice, No.
  • Energy Ball, stab but because it gets Leaf Blade which has the same base power, it's better to put that on it. The additional effect is just better than that 10% to drop SpD
  • Grass Knot, this is situational and a majority of the time, Leaf Blade and Spirit Shackle will prove more useful
  • Ominous Wind, downgraded version of Spirit Shackle unless RNG comes in, rather place luck under the thing that also gives a slight advantage with the lock in.
  • Frenzy Plant and Grass Pledge, No.
Additionally, it's Hidden Ability is Long Reach, which still treats physical moves as physical moves but evades contact, making abilities like static or flame body useless and moves like spiky shield and the new poison one useless. I don't see any reason why Decidueye should even be learning this move to begin with.

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor

• Solar Beam, okay cool but it's speed stat isn't the best and it's got a lot of weaknesses so setting up with Sunny Day isn't worth it, especially when it can learn brave bird
    Shadow Ball, stab but because it gets Spirit Shackle which has the same base power, it's better to put that on it. The additional effect is just better than that 20% to drop SpD
    Round and Echoed Voice, No.
    Energy Ball, stab but because it gets Leaf Blade which has the same base power, it's better to put that on it. The additional effect is just better than that 10% to drop SpD
    Grass Knot, this is situational and a majority of the time, Leaf Blade and Spirit Shackle will prove more useful
    Ominous Wind, downgraded version of Spirit Shackle unless RNG comes in, rather place luck under the thing that also gives a slight advantage with the lock in.
    Frenzy Plant and Grass Pledge, No.
Additionally, it's Hidden Ability is Long Reach, which still treats physical moves as physical moves but evades contact, making abilities like static or flame body useless and moves like spiky shield and the new poison one useless. I don't see any reason why Decidueye should even be learning this move to begin with.
It's special move pool is fine dude, you're looking for stupid things to complain about.

Deer Force

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor

Shadow Ball, stab but because it gets Spirit Shackle which has the same base power, it's better to put that on it. The additional effect is just better than that 20% to drop SpD
    Round and Echoed Voice, No.
    Energy Ball, stab but because it gets Leaf Blade which has the same base power, it's better to put that on it. The additional effect is just better than that 10% to drop SpD
    Grass Knot, this is situational and a majority of the time, Leaf Blade and Spirit Shackle will prove more useful
    Ominous Wind, downgraded version of Spirit Shackle unless RNG comes in, rather place luck under the thing that also gives a slight advantage with the lock in.
    Frenzy Plant and Grass Pledge, No.
i dont know why you care so much lmao just slap on swords dance and call it a day

Deer Force

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
actually wait its a fucking mixed attacker so nasty plot makes plenty of sense
O2Wej2X.png

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
There are more things to talk about than why Decidueye learns Nasty Plot
Just seemed weird to me is all. I'm not far enough in the game to get Gallisopod cause I bought my friend the Ltd SuMo 3DSXL and a copy of moon for his birthday and am waiting and playing with him.

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Just seemed weird to me is all. I'm not far enough in the game to get Gallisopod cause I bought my friend the Ltd SuMo 3DSXL and a copy of moon for his birthday and am waiting and playing with him.
That was nice of you

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
That was nice of you
Yeah, he's been my friend for 6 years. It'll probably be the last year we hang before we split to go our own separate career paths. I made him cry =')

Anyone wanna SuMo in Discord?

Last edited:

Meowrisa

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Yeah, he's been my friend for 6 years. It'll probably be the last year we hang before we split to go our own separate career paths. I made him cry =')

Anyone wanna SuMo in Discord?
Once we all hit post game we'll do it.