One Lunch Man

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
The Abilities full descriptions have been announced for both of the legendaries:

http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/en-us/pokemon/solgaleo/
http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/en-us/pokemon/lunala/

Solgaleo’s Ability is Full Metal Body, a new Ability that no previous Pokémon has had. With the Full Metal Body Ability, a Pokémon’s stats will not be lowered by the effects of an opponent’s moves or Ability. Notable: Its signature move is Sunsteel Strike, an attack that charges at an opponent with the force of a meteor, disregarding the target’s Ability.

Lunala’s Ability is Shadow Shield, a new Ability that no previous Pokémon has had. With the Shadow Shield Ability, a Pokémon will take less damage from an attack that lands when the Pokémon has full HP. Lunala’s signature Moongeist Beam attack releases an ominous beam of light that disregards the target’s Ability.

Just quoted from the aforementioned links to the us site

short version: Full metal body is a better clear body, immune to sticky web, intimidate, seed flare drops, etc. Shadow shield is multiscale, but it may prevent reduce damage by 75% instead of 50% like multiscale, but I doubt it.

I also found out what Shadow Shield does: it halves damage taken while at full health, like Multiscale.

This could actually be potentially useful. What it means is that anything that isn't a Ghost or Dark attack effectively is resisted by a fresh Lunala, and since it'll likely get Moonlight and/or Roost, it could make it surprisingly tanky. If it had some key advantages over the other two Multiscale users (Lugia and Dragonite), namely better offensive presence than Lugia and better speed than Dragonite, it could be quite formidable.

Also I just realized Lunala kinda looks like that Psychic leader in Kalos, Olympia.

Kiiiiind of a bit late there aha :P

One Lunch Man

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
New corocoro leaks, normal stage 1 Koala pokemon with an ability that makes it immune to all status besides sleep, and the puppy we saw in the last leak is confirmed to be a rock type, with vital spirit as it's hidden ability (may just be secondary), ash greninja event soon in japan w/ happy hour, magearna qr code (unsure specifics) coming soon for them too

Yes i am that guy who manages to post stuff like this at 1 in the morning, the things i do for you people <3

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
UWvwYnX.png

waiting for the crossover.

Meowrisa

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Dude, battle royales have me hyped as shit. I've always wanted them, even since I was a kid, it's so exciting!

Reactions: Toxik

Toxik

Contributor
Which version are you guys getting?

I'm about to pre-order mine on Amazon ($31), but can't decide since I want to go for Moon but the Sun exclusives do look a bit cooler

Reactions: Sargent¥

Meowrisa

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I preordered Sun, spoiled the game, looked at stats/abilities and made a team already.
Guzma is my favorite character.

Dolan Trump

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
I'm getting both because reasons.

Competitive thoughts (big-ass spoilers):

• Decidueye: My starter choice for one game, I think Grass/Ghost is a good typing offensively, and Decidueye has the stats to be an effective mixed attacker. Spirit Shackle is a good Ghost STAB, since locking the opponent in is always nice. It's also got Confuse Ray, Nasty Plot, Leaf Blade and reliable recovery. Long Reach could prove useful, as its moves don't make contact and thus it gets around things like Rocky Helmet and Rough Skin. Unfortunately, it's kinda slow and it suffers defensively (weak to Fire, Ice, Flying, Ghost and Dark) and has no real standout stats. I think it would work well as a sort of bulky attacker with recovery and a boosting move. It could go far in Singles, but I don't really see it working in Doubles.
  • Incineroar: My starter choice for the other game. Its defensive stats are great: 95/90/90 has a lot to offer as a bulky attacker. 115 attack is alright, but it gets Swords Dance AND Nasty Plot to boost its stats, so even though it has average Special Attack I could see mixed sets working. While Darkest Lariat is strong and ignores stat changes, my money is on Throat Chop since it stops most specially-based -ate users. It's also got Fake Out and Intimidate, meaning it would be very useful on Trick Room teams given its low 60 speed. It'll likely get Fighting-type coverage and I hope it'll get Poison Jab or Gunk Shot as well, otherwise Tyranitar, Azumarill and Primerina are gonna give it a bad time. I could see Assault Vest sets with Flare Blitz/Fire Punch, Throat Chop, FIghting/Poison coverage and Fire Blast with a Naughty or Naive nature working wonders in Singles and Doubles alike.
  • Silvally: Think Arceus-lite. It's got 95 in everything, and a crazy movepool with kickass moves like triple beams, Thunder Wave, U-Turn, Swords Dance and its own signature Multi-Attack. Unfortunately, 95 speed ain't good, but it's bulk should help make up for that. It's got items similar to plates, allowing it to change its type. I'm thinking Ghost will be my personal choice. I honestly hope it gets Extreme Speed, much like its master.
  • Solgaleo and Lunaala: Both of them make terrific walls/bulky Pokémon. Solgaleo is possessed of excellent Steel/Psychic typing and will probably sweep Metagross under the rug in Ubers. Lunaala, meanwhile, has Shadow Shield, which is basically Multiscale, which greatly makes up for 4x weaknesses to Ghost and Dark. Both get recovery as well. I hope Solgaleo gets Bulk Up; if so I'm going with that, Morning Sun, Sunsteel Strike and Zen Headbutt. For Lunaala, I'm gonna use a Calm Mind set with Moongeist Beam, Focus Blast and Moonlight/Roost.
  • Marshadow: Did someone say ownage? Because that's what Marshadow is going to dish out to every unfortunate sap in its path. Now, granted, this is probably one of those secret event Pokémon that we won't get access to legit for a while, but I hope it comes out quick, and for good reason. Ghost/Fighting is unresisted outside of Normal/Ghost, which there are none of in this generation so its rampage would go unabated. Spectral Thief steals stat changes before dealing damage, making it perfect for screwing Swords Dance abusers/Baton Pass teams, and at 90 base power not needing a recharge turn it's a physical Ghost move that doesn't suck. It also comes with Close Combat and Drain Punch, plus the elemental punches for coverage, among other things. On the other hand, Technician allows Shadow Punch to be just as powerful as Spectral Thief but it never misses as well, boosts Force Palm up to mid-range with no drawback while having a paralysis chance, etc. Sitting at 125 attack and 125 speed, I only see ra3p when it comes to this thing. I'm looking forward!
  • 100% Zygarde: I'm... a little disappointed. It gets a big buff to HP upon turning into this form allowing it to recover some back, but not much in the way in other stats, plus a drop to speed to boot. It's mediocre 100 attack stands, and 91 ain't much of a boost to special attack. Now, Thousand Arrows is a cool move for swatting Ground-weak Flying-types, and Core Enforcer could ruin plans for those dependent on their ability, but it's overall surprisingly underwhelming. A shame, because I was optimistic.

Also, me responding to my original post:

• New Megas: Flygon, Hydreigon, Aegislash, Arceus, Dragonite, Ho-Oh, Lugia, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Reshiram, Zekrom, Xerneas, Yveltal, Yanmega. No new megas confirmed, although the mechanic is returning. I could be wrong, though.
  • New type combos: Bug/Psychic, Bug/Fairy, Normal/Ghost, Fighting/Ghost, Poison/Psychic, Ground/Fighting, Rock/Ghost, Fire/Ice, Bug/Dragon, Normal/Dragon, Steel/Poison, Steel/Ice, Bug/Ice. Bolded types are confirmed in this game.
  • Flamethrower/Fire Blast for Latias/Latios. Still not a thing. Balls.
  • Zygarde's Formes. They're in this game, obviously.
  • Focus Blast for Pidgeot. Unconfirmed.
  • Aura Sphere be made available as a TM. Seriously, getting really tired of Focus Miss. Even better, a mid-range 100% accurate Fighting option. Nope.avi. Balls.
  • On that note, decently-powered Physical Ghost moves that don't need a charge turn. Spirit Shackle and Spectral Thief.
  • A Dark gym an NO FUCKING FIGHTING GYMS!!!!! There are no gyms whatsoever, so this is a moot point. I still hope a Dark Trial Captain/Kahuna is a thing.
  • No more Bug/Flying or bulky water types! We have enough, gamefreak! No new Bug/Flying, although we have Toxapex, Tapu Fini and Pyukumuku, to name a few.

Last edited:

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
no Mooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon
No dude
  • Midday Lycanroc > Midnight Lycanroc
  • Alola Vulpix > Alola Sandshrew
  • Passimian > Oranguru
  • Turtonator > Drampa
  • Absorption > Beauty
  • And, of course, Solgaleo > Lunala