Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Alola Sandshrew is better
Oranguru is better
Lunala is better

You can have the others.
No dude, Ninetales is hot. Sandslash is not. But if we're going by pre evolution, Sandshrew > Vulpix. Lunala just looks like Olympia as a Pokemon. Oranguru looks like a Slaking rip off.

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
No dude, Ninetales is hot. Sandslash is not. But if we're going by pre evolution, Sandshrew > Vulpix. Lunala just looks like Olympia as a Pokemon. Oranguru looks like a Slaking rip off.
Sandslash is rad what are you talking about? Lunala's design is really cool looking and Oranguru is way cooler than Slaking

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Sandslash is rad what are you talking about? Lunala's design is really cool looking and Oranguru is way cooler than Slaking
Sandslash is literally just blue, at least Ninetales has a misty cloud like design, Oranguru looks like he's on stuff and doesn't look as competitively viable (especially in VGC) and I'm standing by what I said about Lunala.

Meowrisa

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Sandslash is literally just blue, at least Ninetales has a misty cloud like design, Oranguru looks like he's on stuff and doesn't look as competitively viable (especially in VGC) and I'm standing by what I said about Lunala.
You're not one to talk about competetive viability tbh.

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Sandslash's quills spike up and become icicles. And he gets sharper, curved claws.
sandslash.jpg
sandslash-alolan.jpg

And as for Oranguru he's definitely gonna be either good or average. We aren't gonna know until the game comes out *I'm not digging through the leaks to find stats* and his design is really cool dude. And Lunala is GOD TAKE IT BACK! REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Reactions: Party Chocobo

Meowrisa

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Lunala does look gross imo but other than that both versions' exclusive pokemon are fucking awesome. I prefer Moon's but I will get them from Maymays, Chocobo, or Deer Force.

Also Oranguru is just average. Passimian is worse.

Reactions: Chance

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
You're not one to talk about competetive viability tbh.
Why not? I don't bother making comp teams cause I'm too lazy to Ev train but I've watched my fair share of matches and played showdown games with teams, I think I got my comp to savvy levels.

Last edited:

Meowrisa

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Why not? I don't bother making comp teams cause I'm too lazy to Ev train but I've watched my fair share of matches and played showdown games with teams, I think I got my comp to savvy levels.
2 years ago;
"I don't EV train, my pokemon and friendship with them will carry me to victory."
> Proceeds to sweep you with a Hawlucha.

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
2 years ago;
"I don't EV train, my pokemon and friendship with them will carry me to victory."
> Proceeds to sweep you with a Hawlucha.
That was a meme and 2 years ago, now I just basically play the story line before I start training. I didn't even consider playing competitive, my entire team had mega stones on them lol (Swampert, the Ralts evos, aerodactyl, and 2 others I forget). I did kinda try to make it more viable with mega gallade that carried thunder punch, psycho cut, leaf blade and drain punch but that had it's flaws as well. Like hardly any investments in attack or speed evs.

Dolan Trump

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
I used to not care about EVs or IVs or natures. But then I got gud.

• Specifically, I think Oranguru is going to be the new face of Trick Room teams. Seriously, Telepathy + Instruct is basically just a license to spam all the Earthquakes, Surfs and Discharges you've ever wanted with no penalty over and over. Or give Volcorona Geomancy, for all intents and purposes. It's also got Nasty Plot, Thunderbolt, Calm Mind, Focus Blast, Energy Ball, Shadow Ball and Psychic under its belt if it needs to hold its own, and it can be bred to have Psychic Terrain. And 90/80/110 bulk is all around pretty good. Give it some defense/HP EVs and Bold and you've got yourself the Love Guru a bulky supporter. A shame it doesn't have recovery.
  • Sandslash is blue. That's my attack. In all seriousness, I think this and Icetales on the same team are going to be fun, because of Snow Warning/Slush Rush. In addition to Icicle Crash, it still gets Rock Slide and Earthquake, making it a rather good attacker. Ninetales has Aurora Veil, which is combined Light Screen/Reflect that only works under hail, plus Moonblast and Blizzard and Nasty Plot.
  • Was reading through this thread, and after seeing that it's possible to set up a situation where you can one-shot Ho-Oh without abusing a type weakness with Special Attack, make Bisharp and Mega Gardevoir irrelevant in OU, basically brick Scizor and other Bullet Punch abusers and own anything not resistant to Psychic, I realized that Tapu Lele is some pretty sweet shit. In VGC I see that thing forcing people to run Tapu Lele counters just to let their priority attackers do anything, never mind priority was nerfed in this generation overall.
  • How so? Well, aside from Psychic Terrain, Dazzling and Queenly Majesty existing, Gale Wings was nerfed to only work at full health (gg Brave Bird Talonflame, nice knowing 'ya) and Sucker Punch had its power cut down to 70 (was 80).
But mostly, my two 6 IV Dittoes make everything gud.

Toxik

Contributor
It's pretty interesting how people really get into the game with specific stats to win competitions and PvP's
Me on the other hand I just pick the cool looking ones and play the game like a casual pleb

Dolan Trump

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
As you people probably know, Eevee, and only Eevee, gets a Z-move called Extreme Evoboost. I was bored and decided to come up with a set to make it work:

Eevee @ (Eevee Z Crystal)
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 HP/ 4 Def/ 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
*Extreme EvoBoost
- Baton Pass
- Protect/Refresh
- Wish
- Return

Stats at Lv. 50 (Stats at +2)
HP 162
Atk 75 (150)
Def 71 (142)
SpA 58 (116)
SpD 85 (170)
Spe 117 (234) vs Jolly Choice Scarf Landorus T (235)

Extreme EvoBoost and Baton Pass are the main reasons for using this set, since passing along two Ancient Power boosts to something actually able to use them can be devastating. Protect is used to scout for moves, particularly anything super-effective or otherwise strong on a faster opponent. Refresh can be used instead to remove confusion etc., which Baton Pass transfers (although non-volatile status like burn is not passed along, so Protect is probably better). Wish is recovery, and can also be passed along to other Pokémon on your team if your Baton Pass recipient is injured. Finally, Return is a backup STAB attack for emergencies.

The EVs are designed to bulk Eevee up as well as let it get EvoBoost off as quickly as possible. Once it does so, its better stats should hold up to attacks as long as needed. We have to use a Z crystal, otherwise Eevee can't use this move. Jolly is used to get Eevee's speed up some whilst lowering its unused Special Attack. Adaptability lets Return hit harder in the event that Eevee needs to use this move.