• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nep

Scarcely Lethal Noob
So, I recently tried to upload custom animation packs for scout, soldier, sniper, spy, engineer, and heavy, and none of them worked... Any suggestions on what I should (or could) do to make them work?

Trash.ca

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
I believe there was a video which showed that they made no difference.
However - this still doesn't mean Valve added them back into the whitelist.
valve doesnt want people to disable viewmodels in comp matchmaking, the "exploits" they were referring to was that some guy made an animation mod that basically removed viewmodels as a substitute for
r_drawviewmodel 0 (which is locked in matchmaking)

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
valve doesnt want people to disable viewmodels in comp matchmaking, the "exploits" they were referring to was that some guy made an animation mod that basically removed viewmodels as a substitute for
r_drawviewmodel 0 (which is locked in matchmaking)

Yeah, if I recall correctly - people believed that the fix was to prevent reload animations speeding up the time it takes to reload.
Makes a lot more sense that it was actually for forcing specific viewmodel conditions through matchmaking.

NeoAZ

Scarcely Lethal Noob
So, I recently tried to upload custom animation packs for scout, soldier, sniper, spy, engineer, and heavy, and none of them worked... Any suggestions on what I should (or could) do to make them work?
There is a way to get past the blocked custom animations, just watch this video.

strawhatmsd

Scarcely Lethal Noob
I just uploaded the mods that i use and put the file i got in the root of custom, but my mods aren't showing up. I'm using VPK files so is there something i'm doing wrong?

DaivdBaekr

Contributor
I just uploaded the mods that i use and put the file i got in the root of custom, but my mods aren't showing up. I'm using VPK files so is there something i'm doing wrong?
If you already have the Skial-signed .vpks in your custom folder (as per this video) try PMing me what mods you use and I will figure it out later tonight / tomorrow.

strawhatmsd

Scarcely Lethal Noob
If you already have the Skial-signed .vpks in your custom folder (as per this video) try PMing me what mods you use and I will figure it out later tonight / tomorrow.

how do i pm you? do i just post a reply, do i use your steam profile or what?

DaivdBaekr

Contributor
@strawhatmsd
The problem is in the Master Sword mod you have for the Eyelander. It writes to weapons/models/c_models which is not allowed by the mods website since that is where extremely common mathacks are placed; coincidentally, in the same spot custom first-person weapons models are placed.

If you remove the c_models folder the other mods run fine.
The mods website will give you a .zip containing skial-verified-mods_000.vpk and skial-verified-mods_dir if it was successful.

strawhatmsd

Scarcely Lethal Noob
@strawhatmsd
The problem is in the Master Sword mod you have for the Eyelander. It writes to weapons/models/c_models which is not allowed by the mods website since that is where extremely common mathacks are placed; coincidentally, in the same spot custom first-person weapons models are placed.

If you remove the c_models folder the other mods run fine.
The mods website will give you a .zip containing skial-verified-mods_000.vpk and skial-verified-mods_dir if it was successful.
when you say c_models folders, do you mean every folder called that or specific folders?

DaivdBaekr

Contributor
when you say c_models folders, do you mean every folder called that or specific folders?
I think just custom/weapons/models/c_models

Although this shouldn't be a problem in the first place because c_models should be whitelisted
https://www.skial.com/threads/whitelist-c_models-custom-viewmodels-on-mods-skial-com.70390/

I'm either mistaken about that being the root cause for why your mods weren't working, or Bottiger needs to take a look and see why c_models is still creating problems for the mods website. I might have time later tonight to re-test anything, but removing c_models seems to be an interim solution.

Blossom

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
EDIT to the last post: This mod is not mine it belongs to the original authors before confused people start to report me.
Sorry if i missed it out.

strawhatmsd

Scarcely Lethal Noob
ok, now the mods are working, but now whenever i log onto one of your servers the game crashes to the menu. any idea why?

Qball

Mildly Menacing Medic
Am I doing something wrong? I'm trying to use the enhanced bots mod. (It makes everyone into an MvM robot.) When I launch the game, every model is an error when I go to the items menu. And when I get on a skial server, the game crashes.

Qball

Mildly Menacing Medic
EDIT to last post: It did give me the verified vpks for the mod. I put them into the custom folder, and every playermodel showed up as a big red error along with game crashes whenever I connected to a skial server.

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
EDIT to last post: It did give me the verified vpks for the mod. I put them into the custom folder, and every playermodel showed up as a big red error along with game crashes whenever I connected to a skial server.
Doesn't look like the mod itself doesn't work on regular players. The original mod was unfinished and the updated one is here:
https://gamebanana.com/skins/168667

Based on that link, unless it's been updated since the comment, it looks like it doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.