• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE
Status
Not open for further replies.

rocker26a

Mildly Menacing Medic
So yeah, this didn't work for me. At all. As far as I know I did it correctly, I made a new .zip file with the VPKs and like 4 foldered mods. Got the signed VPK, and it did fuck all. Help?

NitroMaggot

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Error
Bad VPK file: toon_explosions_dir.vpk [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'uploads/1455680948631/skial-verified-mods/toon_explosions_32767.vpk'

Error
Bad VPK file: toon_payload_explosions_dir.vpk [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'uploads/1455681110538/skial-verified-mods/toon_payload_explosions_32767.vpk'

mod: i cant link it but heres the name from gamebannana: Toon Explosion FX

Dr. Pawsworth

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Much as I like what you gentlemen have done with this whole sort of system, it is unfortunate Valve doesn't find a similar workaround for people that just want to mod a few things.

Skilled_Fish

Scarcely Lethal Noob
So, i try to upload this skin and it only works when i put the file containing the materials AND models but when i try to upload said file to this it no longer works

Vega

Banned
Contributor
This is several months old but I was looking to use custom skins on the 2fort skial servers and come across thing. Seems extremely fucking tedious, but something I will use to get skins either way.

So when you upload a zipped file of a single mod or so, I see it gives you two files, called skial-verified-mods_dir AND skial_verified_mods_000, understandable that it'd probably be better to do several mods at a time.

I did a single ambassador skin mod for a test then I bunched a pyro skin, a shotgun skin and a grenade launcher skin together. So therefore I have the two files above downloaded twice, with different file sizes, how do you get them to work together via renaming, because everything I've tried has not worked and rebuilding a zip file each time I add a skin would be annoying.

Bottiger

Administrator
You should be able to rename "skial_verified_mods" to whatever you want as long as you rename both the files.

Unfortunately for some reason if you sign a VPK, you get 2 files, there is no option to make a signed VPK with only 1 file.

WonderBoy

Mildly Menacing Medic
Contributor
So when I get 2 files saying "skial_verified_mods" do I both rename them the same thing? I got the root files, etc, but it doesnt work if this is what my custom folder looks like
Screen%20Shot%202016-06-01%20at%207.15.05%20PM.png

Is this right?

I know I'm a mac "fag"

KinCryos

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Mapper
you linked an image from your harddrive. this forum doesn't support post attachments

DaivdBaekr

Contributor
Status
Not open for further replies.