• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE
Status
Not open for further replies.

•Mr.Dr.Professor Toaster•

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Strange move on your part, instead of writing your own sv_pure 1.txt to simply block wall hack mods and spy cloak sounds and not custom weapon skins or player models (which by the way, cannot interfere with hit boxes), you decide to do this, but hey to each their own I guess.

Reactions: n3onxlpmitgurken

Bottiger

Administrator
It is impossible to only block wallhack mods with just sv_pure 1. sv_pure 1 cannot detect models that have ignorez or reference the temp directory.

SketchyJJ

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
If you are converting 1 mod at a time, then you need to rename the VPKs we give you to something unique for each mod.

We are converting your mods to a signed VPK containing your mod. If you keep replacing the vpk, only the last mod you converted would load.

I don't see what the issue is. sv_pure 1 doesn't block everything obviously, it only blocks things that usually cause cheating like maphacks. By signing your mod with us, we allow you to load these mods on our server even if it is set to sv_pure 1.

Maybe there is an issue with having unsigned mods and signed mods in the same folder?

If you are afraid of revealing something, then pm me what you did.

I am really curious as to why so many people are having issues with this. It should be really simple to use.

Well this is my question, do I have to do this to all of my .vpk individually? Can you make a tutorial or at least give us a step for step.

Bottiger

Administrator
  1. Zip up all your mods into 1 zip file.
  2. Upload the zip file.
  3. Download the zip file.
  4. Extract the vpks.
  5. Clean your custom folder maybe?
  6. Put the vpk we gave you into the custom folder.

If you upload 1 mod at a time then you need to give each set of VPKs we give you a unique name

Skilled Fish | Super Spoopy

Scarcely Lethal Noob
If you are converting 1 mod at a time, then you need to rename the VPKs we give you to something unique for each mod.

We are converting your mods to a signed VPK containing your mod. If you keep replacing the vpk, only the last mod you converted would load.

I don't see what the issue is. sv_pure 1 doesn't block everything obviously, it only blocks things that usually cause cheating like maphacks. By signing your mod with us, we allow you to load these mods on our server even if it is set to sv_pure 1.

Maybe there is an issue with having unsigned mods and signed mods in the same folder?

If you are afraid of revealing something, then pm me what you did.

I am really curious as to why so many people are having issues with this. It should be really simple to use.
Ok thanks a ton :)

popcron

Uncharitable Spy
This is what i get when i try to upload this mod (5 vpk files zipped up) :
Edit : just realized ignorez is a see through property :( but as far as i see theres nothing wrong with that mod.
UpYzciH.png

Last edited:

Bottiger

Administrator
It should be fixed now.

I personally believe that most people won't find it much work to upload their mods and replace them with the vpk we give them.

Bottiger

Administrator
Well you are uploading a very large amount of mods. 1609 files takes a long time to process. It would be better if you split them up.

I have increased the time limit, but honestly the server becomes really easy to abuse when it is increased that high. People can just tie up all the workers so no one can use the website.

Last edited:

SketchyJJ

Contributor
Well you are uploading a very large amount of mods. 1609 files takes a long time to process. It would be better if you split them up.

I have increased the time limit, but honestly the server becomes really easy to abuse when it is increased that high. People can just tie up all the workers so no one can use the website.

It worked just now, lets hope it works.

Last edited by a moderator:

JordanJ

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Contributor
Just wanted to say again Bott. Thanks again dude for putting all the effort into this. Totally kissing your ass right now but I loves my reskins man.

SketchyJJ

Contributor
Oh should probably update, great job, Bott. It's working now so I'm glad I can use my mods again.

JordanJ

Contributor
Oh should probably update, great job, Bott. It's working now so I'm glad I can use my mods again.
Can you screen your mod before and after so the rest of the community can get a visual of a successful mod?

SketchyJJ

Contributor
Can you screen your mod before and after so the rest of the community can get a visual of a successful mod?

I don't know what you guys would expect, but it'd just default to the regular animations/etc with maybe some missing textures for my fempyro mod. Unless you guys just want to see that :P

JordanJ

Contributor
Figure I'd help eliminate some confusion if people are still having issues with this. I'm a pretty visual guy when it comes to instructions so here is an example.
Here is how the folder for a custom mod should look like before zip file or you can VPK it whatever works.

iOZvbPp.jpg

You then need to zip all 3 of those folders into one folder. This can be done by selecting all 3 and send to (compressed zip folder)
Then rename the zip folder to whatever you wish.
J8ivUT7.jpg

Here is where I think some users are getting confused. Double click your zip folder and check the contents. If it looks like this then it won't work.
Abmu54S.jpg

Notice how Bott said that the materials/models/sound folder needs to be in the root. Here is what it should look like.

7QwDeuP.jpg

Just follow the instructions after that and your custom should work fine. Also I mean no offense I get it that some people don't understand what a "root" folder is. I just found this was the issue my friends were running into.

JordanJ

Contributor
Wanted to add that this is just a mod that worked for me. I don't guarantee it will work with your custom.

Status
Not open for further replies.