• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE
Status
Not open for further replies.

tankslayer367

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
Is there a Black List of VAC-Ban Proof mods for Skial?
Above the obvious "hacks", like selective audio enhancements (say to increase the sound of decloaking spys) or custom graphics changes (ie removing the glare in water for ease of snipping).

Cowboy Crow

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Is there a Black List of VAC-Ban Proof mods for Skial?
Above the obvious "hacks", like selective audio enhancements (say to increase the sound of decloaking spys) or custom graphics changes (ie removing the glare in water for ease of snipping).
The issue with a blacklist is that can consist of a very large list. Its easier to show whats allowed then whats not.

Cowboy Crow

Australian Skial God
Contributor
LOL its easier to say whats allowed than whats not...
It is. I can give you a list of 5 things allowed, you can amuse the 100,000's of things are not allowed, unless the list was updated. Chances are most things wont get you a VAC ban, when it comes to Skial servers I really dont know what is allowed on servers in 2020, because this is a thing form a fairly long time ago. Things keep changing for the game and how community servers are run.

jungle

Unremarkable User
For some reason whenever I input a zip file with the VPKs in it, it gives me an "ERR_CONNECTION_RESET". I've tried turning off my firewall to fix this, but I haven't had any luck. Any help?

voltagethief

Unremarkable User
I recently tried to upload the tf2 texture improvement project for skial approval, but it does not work. Does someone have an idea why?

Bottiger

Administrator
It can be compressed and it should be compressed.

You just can't use non-standard compression methods on 7zip or whatever zip program you are using.

StereoBucket

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
It can be compressed and it should be compressed.

You just can't use non-standard compression methods on 7zip or whatever zip program you are using.
Would be useful to note which methods are standard.
I'm guessing DEFLATE would be one of them and a safe bet?

Bottiger

Administrator
Probably, just give it a try.

It would be impractical for me to know what every compression manager calls their compression methods.

BennyCN

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Hey, I am trying to upload the fempyro mod available on gamebanana, I try to get it "signed", but the webpage crashes saying the entity is too large.
The femme_pyro.vpk itself is ~212MB big. Any chance you can just whitelist the .vpk somehow, or temporarily increase the filesize to ~220MB?
Thanks.

OCsoni

Unremarkable User
Can you fix the upload limits? I have 4 gigabytes of TF2 mods and it wont let me upload in chunks of 100 megabytes. Something needs to be done to fix this. :/

Jermaphobe

Contributor
Legendary Mapper
Can you fix the upload limits? I have 4 gigabytes of TF2 mods and it wont let me upload in chunks of 100 megabytes. Something needs to be done to fix this. :/
Not a bug or oversight, no reason you need 4GB worth of mods for TF2, and say we increased that limit, it would be 2023 by the time it finished verifying those mods

OCsoni

Unremarkable User
Well the thing is i have most of my game reskinned, I have skins for all the weapons ingame, Most of the mercs, Some Cosmetics, Most attack sounds are replaced, Team colors are changed (on buildables, Team Themed stuff, etc.), So basically i have edited versions of most of the games files in my custom folder.

OCsoni

Unremarkable User
I think I mostly found a workaround, But what is the exact file limit? It's giving me errors on some portions saying "too many files".

Edit: Seems a lot of my audio mods work fine by just preloading, I just added my preload alias into my config and made my disconnect from server button re-preload my mods. And I realized I could just compress them into zip files instead of VPKs and it's compressed more than enough now. Also it doesn't actually take that long to process them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.