Luckyboxes

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Hey, I was playing on the dustbowl US21 server last night as usual but it seemed like the spawn timers were off. Before it was always fast but I had respawns that were 18s long. Has something changed recently, either accidentally or on purpose?

Found it super hard to get anywhere on the map with such a long blue respawn rate.

Thanks.

Lord Scrambles

Face-Melting F2Per
-Remove Respawn time completely.
-Give all players 9001% speed.
-Fuck gravity, and make it so that when the player hits the space bar they shoot in to fucking space.
-Give everyone 100% crits with 56426281% damage.
-Set map on fire.
-Make the control points mobile.
-Have the server explode when the red team loses.

RisenDemon

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
-Fuck gravity, and make it so that when the player hits the space bar they shoot in to fucking space.
-Set map on fire.
I think Bottiger will put these on his "To Don't" list.

[TC]CreepingDeath

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
OK... I won't be able to get onto it until a later (Christmas shopping with the wife and kid), but maybe if you and Osprey can take a look. If it has rebooted with that line removed it should be back to 2-4 for blu and 10-20 for red.

lpN

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
As long as the spawn times are the same on each side red will always have the advantage.

[TC]CreepingDeath

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
So, did the server ever reboot? What happened to the spawn times?

BTW, I went onto the official Valve Dustbowl server earlier (before my wife started to yell at me that we had to leave). 2-4 for blu and 10-20 for red.

Twine

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Contributor
"mp_respawnwavetime" = "10.0" ( def. "10.0" )
game notify replicated
- Time between respawn waves.

I don't know why this would be changing the respawn times to 20 seconds for both teams.
respawnwavetime is the time between respawn waves. Sometimes you only have to wait for the next wave, but other times you'll have to wait for the wave after that. If you die right at/after a wave, you'll have to wait 20 seconds, or two waves, before you get back in the game (that's 20 seconds). Removing that should reset the times to default, so hopefully it all works out.

Edit: I just checked, and spawn times for blu are still 10-20 seconds in us21.

Rvsz

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Goldrush EU servers have longer respawn times too, but I don't think there's any change in the difficulty in attacking/defending. Some people didn't like it but I don't mind, although I can see that people don't like waiting too long.

[TC]CreepingDeath

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
respawnwavetime is the time between respawn waves. Sometimes you only have to wait for the next wave, but other times you'll have to wait for the wave after that. If you die right at/after a wave, you'll have to wait 20 seconds, or two waves, before you get back in the game (that's 20 seconds). Removing that should reset the times to default, so hopefully it all works out.
Yeah, that's what I said.

<3

Twine

Contributor
The only thing I can think of right now is that if the map's logic_auto entity was edited or removed, the map won't be setting blu's respawnwavetime to 2 as it should. 10 seconds is the general "default" respawnwavetime for each team on every map, but normally (by default) on dustbowl the cp_dustbowl.bsp file sets blu's respawnwavetime to be 2. If you've already looked at every possible place where some file might be overriding the map's respawn time, I'd look into that.

Worst-case scenario, I would manually set it to be what it should, but I don't know if that interferes with our server being available for quick match.

Roman

Banned
Contributor
-Set map on fire.
Ladies and gentlemen, announcing us30.

W8baby

Contributor
-Set map on fire.

Donate for premium benefits! Type premium in chat for a 15 minute free trial and watch people accuse you of hacking!