Luckyboxes

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Hey, I was playing on the dustbowl US21 server last night as usual but it seemed like the spawn timers were off. Before it was always fast but I had respawns that were 18s long. Has something changed recently, either accidentally or on purpose?

Found it super hard to get anywhere on the map with such a long blue respawn rate.

Thanks.

Luckyboxes

Wicked Nasty Engineer
This stinks. I have barely played TF2 at all this week because I can't stand the long respawn timers.

I was hoping it'd be as easy as flipping that switch you used to up the spawn timers back to the previous position. :mad:

Ruelel

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
This stinks. I have barely played TF2 at all this week because I can't stand the long respawn timers.

I was hoping it'd be as easy as flipping that switch you used to up the spawn timers back to the previous position. :mad:
there's always usw dustbowl

Bottiger

Administrator
Is it really working there? The only difference between that and us21 is the server registration convar and the name.

Bottiger

Administrator
I copied all the files to the test server and I deleted all the plugins and extensions and it still has this problem. I am going to try deleting cp_dustbowl.bsp and redownloading it.

None of that worked.

Bottiger

Administrator
I fixed it.

I went through the process of elimination and found out that a totally unrelated convar setting caused the problem.

I made a plugin to set the convar to our desired setting shortly after the map loads and it avoids the bug completely. Thanks Valve.

Sinnx

Wicked Nasty Engineer
I fixed it.

I went through the process of elimination and found out that a totally unrelated convar setting caused the problem.

I made a plugin to set the convar to our desired setting shortly after the map loads and it avoids the bug completely. Thanks Valve.

Sweet!
internet_fist_bump_Internet_Fist_Bump-s744x567-67783.png

Bottiger

Administrator
I took me a very long time to remove plugins 1 by 1 and reconnecting and testing how fast the respawn time was. I finally got tired of doing it after the 30th plugin so I just removed them all. Then I started removing convars.

Reactions: [TC]CreepingDeath