LiterallyCody

Totally Ordinary Human
No, it's not a liberal smear campaign. Trump is literally the first US president to do something as extreme as allowing children to be contained in what equates to prison camps. You can't "spin" children being found bunched up in rooms crying for their parents, because it's fucking children being bunched up in rooms crying for their parents.

Obviously illegal immigration is a real problem, but the solution isn't to spend more taxpayer dollars on imprisoning these people for weeks, if not months. Turn them back around and don't let them through, it ultimately saves money and is the humane thing to do.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/01/hhs-handed-child-migrants-to-human-traffickers.html

S_O_C_K_S

Truly Feared Pyro
Contributor
No, it's not a liberal smear campaign. Trump is literally the first US president to do something as extreme as allowing children to be contained in what equates to prison camps. You can't "spin" children being found bunched up in rooms crying for their parents, because it's fucking children being bunched up in rooms crying for their parents.

Obviously illegal immigration is a real problem, but the solution isn't to spend more taxpayer dollars on imprisoning these people for weeks, if not months. Turn them back around and don't let them through, it ultimately saves money and is the humane thing to do.
It's still not Trumps fault. He is only enforcing what should have been enforced many years ago. Illegals know what happens when they show up at the border. If I go break the law and I have my kids with me they very well may end up in state custody. I agree it's heart felt to see kids behind chain link fences but it's not "prison" by any means. I know. We have an immigration problem and we have a president who is enforcing the laws. For much too long the US has been walked all over by everyone. Look at our trade. The point is....why are we blaming Trump for policy that was put in place before his presidency? Why was no one mad before?

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
It's still not Trumps fault. He is only enforcing what should have been enforced many years ago.
The point is....why are we blaming Trump for policy that was put in place before his presidency? Why was no one mad before?

Because you are not being honest.
This is a new policy, decided by A.G. Sessions.

Previous administrations did follow the law - they deported families.
The new administration is separating families and prosecuting the parents, this is not required by law.

People would've been mad previously - had the Obama administration, or Bush administration enforced it in the same way that the Trump administration is choosing to.

Blade D_Hero

Contributor
It's still not Trumps fault. He is only enforcing what should have been enforced many years ago. Illegals know what happens when they show up at the border. If I go break the law and I have my kids with me they very well may end up in state custody. I agree it's heart felt to see kids behind chain link fences but it's not "prison" by any means. I know. We have an immigration problem and we have a president who is enforcing the laws. For much too long the US has been walked all over by everyone. Look at our trade. The point is....why are we blaming Trump for policy that was put in place before his presidency? Why was no one mad before?

It actually is Trump's fault for allowing Sessions to prosecute all the illegal immigrants and place them behind bars instead of simply letting them go and refusing them entry into the United States. Do you genuinely believe it's a good idea to:
  • Waste tax payer money on imprisoning these people when the alternative literally costs nothing
  • Separate children from their families for upwards of a month, which will definitely harm them mentally
They're under no obligation to jail these people for committing a misdeamanor (which is what the crime of illegal immigration is), yet they're doing it anyway.

S_O_C_K_S

Truly Feared Pyro
Contributor
Because you are not being honest.
This is a new policy, decided by A.G. Sessions.

Previous administrations did follow the law - they deported families.
The new administration is separating families and prosecuting the parents, this is not required by law.

People would've been mad previously - had the Obama administration, or Bush administration enforced it in the same way that the Trump administration is choosing to.
I see your point and others. This really is a sticky subject.

san7890

Australian Skial God
Contributor
People are walking into this conversation with the wrong assumptions of what the other person believes. I'm quite certain that noone here is advocating to give all illegal immigrants citizenship status, but people are just rather justfully angered at the Children camps. It comes off as your addressing all immigration policies as a whole, rather than selectively attacking this fundamentally wrong idea. I could be wrong however, but there's a lot of people who seem to dismiss points because they have misunderstood what they're talking about. Does this change anything, maybe, but it does account for these disagreements.

There is no real solution to Illegal Immigration, but I don't think the Camps are one of the ways to go.

Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor
People are walking into this conversation with the wrong assumptions of what the other person believes. I'm quite certain that noone here is advocating to give all illegal immigrants citizenship status, but people are just rather justfully angered at the Children camps. It comes off as your addressing all immigration policies as a whole, rather than selectively attacking this fundamentally wrong idea. I could be wrong however, but there's a lot of people who seem to dismiss points because they have misunderstood what they're talking about. Does this change anything, maybe, but it does account for these disagreements.

There is no real solution to Illegal Immigration, but I don't think the Camps are one of the ways to go.

It's why, as someone who actually works in politics, I try to not discuss them with anyone. The other person almost always assumes malice. You're evil because you support Trump, you're an idiot because you think Trump is an idiot etc.etc. Political threads are usually rife with people not understanding things, people overestimating just how much they know about our government, and then you have the few educated people getting frustrated with the above.

It's lose/lose usually and ends up being more dick measuring than actual debate/discussion.

Tyknighter

Positively Inhumane Poster
I knew it, I fucking called it, a shit storm. I get off for one full day and look where we are.

san7890

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I knew it, I fucking called it, a shit storm. I get off for one full day and look where we are.
pssssshhh, you haven't even seen the Abortion or Guns threads. This is tame because everyone agrees but can't see that they all agree.

Nevertheless:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/20/politics/trump-separation-action-immigration/index.html
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...-to-prevent-family-separations-at-border.html
https://nypost.com/2018/06/20/trump-signs-executive-order-to-keep-families-together-at-border/

THREE links. You may not be happy with one link, or two links, but here's THREE links.

Reactions: S_O_C_K_S

Metroidz

Australian Skial God
Contributor
You guys act like this is something new and totally offensive.

America has done way more offensive shit.

When our kiddos aren't in cages, they're being gunned down by the dozen in schools.

Reactions: S_O_C_K_S

Tyknighter

Positively Inhumane Poster
pssssshhh, you haven't even seen the Abortion or Guns threads. This is tame because everyone agrees but can't see that they all agree.

Nevertheless:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/20/politics/trump-separation-action-immigration/index.html
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...-to-prevent-family-separations-at-border.html
https://nypost.com/2018/06/20/trump-signs-executive-order-to-keep-families-together-at-border/

THREE links. You may not be happy with one link, or two links, but here's THREE links.
I was there at the gun thread.

haytil

Mildly Menacing Medic
I'm pretty sure that the US President is Trump, not Clinton, Bush, or Obama.

So I'm not sure why it matters what Clinton, Bush, or Obama did or thought. It seems to me the only relevant issue is what Trump is doing.

If something is wrong, it's wrong - whether it's been done before or not.

chuckwagon

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Let me cut through the bullshit. White supremacists want to limit brown people coming into the US. This policy is an extremely effective method to accomplish this goal.

It is a human rights violation, but it is effective.

If you support it fuck you. Fuck you right in your stupid face. Give me a warning point, I don’t give a fuck I’m going to call you Nazi fuckers out.
Lol Luke. ❤️