Legendary Mapper
3 of those people definitely are not british especially mr mayor over there

unless you mean british citizens then i 100% agree with u

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
3 of those people definitely are not british especially mr mayor over there

unless you mean british citizens then i 100% agree with u

Are you confusing the word "British" with the word "white" ?

They're all born in Britain - not just British citizens.

People can become British citizens, but you're born British.

Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper

i don't care where you are born to be honest, as long as you abide by our rules then i'd view you as british but you are trying to say that just because anyone was born here instantly means they are 100% pure british

LiterallyCody

Totally Ordinary Human

White is very vague, there's a lot of races that are considered white. British... Norwegian... Swedish, Serbian, Russian

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
i don't care where you are born to be honest, as long as you abide by our rules then i'd view you as british but you are trying to say that just because anyone was born here instantly means they are 100% pure british

You and I are not "pure British", very few people are.

My point is that those people are all British, somewhere in their past their parents or grandparents or further may have come from elsewhere - but they are British.

We are made up of a diverse group of people from all over the world, from every race in the world, we are not a single identifiable set of people.

If you're born here - you're British, if your parents immigrated and become citizens - they're British.

There's no reason why we should start closing our borders now, when we haven't in the past.

LiterallyCody

Totally Ordinary Human
You and I are not "pure British", very few people are.

My point is that those people are all British, somewhere in their past their parents or grandparents or further may have come from elsewhere - but they are British.

We are made up of a diverse group of people from all over the world, from every race in the world, we are not a single identifiable set of people.

If you're born here - you're British, if your parents immigrated and become citizens - they're British.

There's no reason why we should start closing our borders now, when we haven't in the past.

Diversity is only good until they begin to breed you out of existence.

Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper
btw i'm not racist cuz i wouldn't treat somebody differently just cuz of their race

i just disagree with the definition of "british" being changed

san7890

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Cream Tea is thinking about the Race: Anglo
Luke is referring to the Nationality/Ethnicity?: British

Now back to the topic at hand: The problem is we can't collectively figure out what to do to illegal immigrants. Fines will do practically nothing, as many of them couldn't even afford it. Timed Jail Sentences until getting Legal Immigrant Status will practically encourage parents and kids to go across the border, knowing that they'll have to endure jail for a couple of years. Handing out anything to above 10 years seems very callous, however. And when you release them, and they still have nothing left to lose, they'll come back.

Now here's a couple of extreme options, one that I hope will never be placed and never will be, but consider the following. Families go across the border with nothing to lose, but what if the seperation of family gave them something to lose? The mothers crying in prison may be doing it for some ulterior motive, but let's take their grief at total face value. What if we were to forcibly seperate families for 2 years or more, and eventually reunite them before they are deported. This method is cruel, harsh, destroying, and may not even be effective, but it's an afterthought of cruelty.

I think that they shouldn't be seperated, but we should streamline the system enough so that we could send them back as fast as their coming in. We can squabble about how they'll keep coming back, and how it'll consume more and more money to run, but the more permanent solutions to this issue are viewed more sourly. However, at the end of the day, I'm against illegal immigration, and probably never will give up that stance.

Last edited:

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Diversity is only good until they begin to breed you out of existence.

You can't breed "British" out of existence, it's not a race or ethnicity.

i just disagree with the definition of "british" being changed

It's not being changed - this is how it has always been:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_people#Classification
The first group, which we term the ethnic dimension, contained the items about birthplace, ancestry, living in Britain, and sharing British customs and traditions. The second, or civic group, contained the items about feeling British, respecting laws and institutions, speaking English, and having British citizenship.
So, there are two kinds of British:
  1. The first type is people who...
    • are born in Britain
    • are living in Britain
    • are sharing British customs and tranditions
  2. The second type is people who...
    • feel British
    • respect British laws and institutions
    • speak English
    • have British citizenship
The first type is the generally accepted form of "British".

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I think that they shouldn't be seperated, but we should streamline the system enough so that we could send them back as fast as their coming in.

...but that's the problem.

The Trump administration doesn't care about them leaving, they're not making them do that.

They would rather put them in US prisons than send them back to their countries.

LiterallyCody

Totally Ordinary Human

The Trump administration doesn't care about them leaving, they're not making them do that.

They would rather put them in US prisons than send them back to their countries.

Except this isn't anything new, considering the previous administration did the same thing and nobody complained about it, but god forbid a republican or a right-wing candidate takes over, then it's "hell"

Don't forget, that the left has a very powerful tool and dangerous one, hint-hint, it's the media. They can spin the story and lie about anything.

Metroidz

Australian Skial God
Contributor
can you tell me which one of these is japanese
675e6ede73344cbfa433d449c1c88a1f.jpg
AsianFacesQuiz-Men4-TetsuyaWatari-JAPANESE.jpg

That guy isn't just dark, he DARQUE

san7890

Australian Skial God
Contributor

We can squabble about how they'll keep coming back, and how it'll consume more and more money to run, but the more permanent solutions to this issue are viewed more sourly.

Experience with even Democratic governments dealing with immigration by deportation shows that they'll just keep coming back. This is why they'll be put in jail indefinitely, so they can srop commiting the same crime over and over again. Do I necessarily agree with this stance, no. But, do I see, understand, and can reasonably account for this stance, yes.

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Except this isn't anything new, considering the previous administration did the same thing and nobody complained about it, but god forbid a republican or a right-wing candidate takes over, then it's "hell"

Don't forget, that the left has a very powerful tool and dangerous one, hint-hint, it's the media. They can spin the story and lie about anything.

Read my first post - this is new.

No previous US government has done this.

Blade D_Hero

Contributor

No, it's not a liberal smear campaign. Trump is literally the first US president to do something as extreme as allowing children to be contained in what equates to prison camps. You can't "spin" children being found bunched up in rooms crying for their parents, because it's fucking children being bunched up in rooms crying for their parents.

Obviously illegal immigration is a real problem, but the solution isn't to spend more taxpayer dollars on imprisoning these people for weeks, if not months. Turn them back around and don't let them through, it ultimately saves money and is the humane thing to do.

san7890

Australian Skial God
Contributor
No, it's not a liberal smear campaign. Trump is literally the first US president to do something as extreme as allowing children to be contained in what equates to prison camps. You can't "spin" children being found bunched up in rooms crying for their parents, because it's fucking children being bunched up in rooms crying for their parents.

Obviously illegal immigration is a real problem, but the solution isn't to spend more taxpayer dollars on imprisoning these people for weeks, if not months. Turn them back around and don't let them through, it ultimately saves money and is the humane thing to do.
Wait a second...

Your post made me realize something.

Maybe this whole children camp thing is just an extreme alternative, a display of what could happen in order to increase support for the Wall or at the very least, increased border control.

Hmmmmmmmmm

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor

See this video...and we are still blaming Trump?

Bill Clinton: "We will try do more to speed the deportation of illegal aliens who are arrested for crimes"
Obama: "...additional resources for our law enforcement personnel, so that they can stem the flow of illegal crossings and speed the return of those who do cross over. If you're a criminal, you will be deported."

...as I've said previously, the Trump Administration is NOT deporting, they are prosecuting - and they are the first to do so.
Every previous administration heavily fined, allowed citizenship applications or deported, A.G. Sessions has started to prosecute all.

So yes, we are still blaming [the] Trump [administration], because they are doing things differently.
They are the first administration to separate children for extended periods like this rather than deport the family.

Minor Edit: The laws, bills and regulations that A.G. Sessions is referencing in his decision were passed by, at least, the Bush Jr. administration - as I've stated previously. Neither Bush nor Trump did the same actions that the administration is doing today. Further, this is the first time in my knowledge that the UN has warned the US due to their immigration policy.