Status
Not open for further replies.

Merc with a Mouth

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Some guy complained about people wall hacking when in fact they were not. The guy he said was is a great player and I know damn well he wasn't "wall hacking". I please ask you to bring 3rd person back. Plenty of me and my friends play in only 3rd person and it's throwing off our game. Please.. bring back 3rd person... we don't want to leave skial servers, but we will.

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Let's get this right, your friend wasn't banned for asking that thirdperson be re-enabled, he was banned for breaking rules. Don't come here asking for a reevaluation while simultaneously trying to pass it off as though he did nothing to deserve it.

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Just look at some of the threads, Bott explained exactly why it was removed. Requesting lock
That's not what the thread is about.

NOT a single time was it explained by the admin why its removed, just opinions by other users.

You should have no expectation for your question to be answered by anyone. You can wait patiently for bottiger to answer, but nothing more. If you look around you will see that he eventually did post the reason for it's discontinuation.

[Interrogator]

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I noticed that whenever people come on to the forums to file complaint or issue the regulars of the forum usually derail the thread or start bullshit

Ceubie

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
IF this is the way skial is going to conduct their bans without propper revisions, then it ruins the experience for anyone who actually has a serious a problem but becomes to worried he/she might get banned for voicing their opinion.

-Stabby
If there was a more serious matter and people weren't jackasses when they suggest things, it would go smoother. I haven't seen a suggestion thread that's been derailed so badly before, and I think it was because of the way the suggestors acted/responded. And no, Im not saying the regulars or I aren't to partially blame either.

stabbyWOOPS || TKIAS

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
I'm not here to start bullshit and like i said in my op, I want to know why he was kicked out unless a post was edited or deleted i do not see a clear violation of terms. The flaming it was entertained by both sides therefore that point should be brought up again, because some people flamed and they are still here to comment.

why i used bullshit: because interragoator brought it up, and that's not my intent.

Luckyboxes

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Yeah Stabby, your friend kind of went off the rails there... probably deserved some sort of infraction. Not sure if his ban is permanent or just a few days? A lot of other people in that thread deserve infractions too... sheesh what a mess that thread was.

And, it kind of seems like the admin could've kept his head a bit cooler. Telling someone to shut up and calling them a nancy boy... kinda flaming in itself no?

Shiny Charizard

Legendary Skial King
I'm not here to start bullshit and like i said in my op, I want to know why he was kicked out unless a post was edited or deleted i do not see a clear violation of terms. The flaming it was entertained by both sides therefore that point should be brought up again, because some people flamed and they are still here to comment.
IIRC he was being racist

Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I concur with the OP somewhat..not 100%.

I shall elaborate - I think that the forum regulars were somewhat in the wrong, I think in general people are way too hostile to newer members than they should be. Not everyone is a forum personality, some registered strictly to air their concerns that a feature of a server they regular was removed without (at that current time) any justification. The way they were treated was wrong, the way they reacted in turn was of course wrong..nothing justifies bigotry.

Creeping was in the right to ban him for the racial slur, however I do know that people do dumb things when agitated, so yes it was a minor issue, but imagine you start a thread to complain about a minor issue and the first response to your perfectly legit question is "LOL WHO R U?" It's just stupid, and uncalled for.

Stop provoking newer people to the forums, that thread could of been handled more maturely from both sides (not just the side of the "newfags")

All in all, I don't think actual ACTIONS are required, so no warning points for anyone who wasn't a racist, but I do think admins need to start being a little more stern on people who are taking shit off topic particularly in terms of provocation.

stabbyWOOPS || TKIAS

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
I guess the racial slur was deleted, regardless he is a good gamer and person offline from the game from chatting with him, i hope its a temp ban vs a perma ban.

Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor
still funny as hell though.

I use it because when newfags talk shit, I say "Who are you?" as in "Who are you to talk that way"

While it's no secret I like you - I do have to disagree with the bold.

Just because you've been here longer than him, and he doesn't regular the forums doesn't make your opinion anymore valid than his - I'd be curious (and perhaps a little angry) if a thing I enjoyed suddenly disappeared with no notice, and then when I come to complain get similar responses with that. I'm not an admin but one would think we want more people on the forums contributing, shit like that just pushes them away.

Status
Not open for further replies.