Status
Not open for further replies.

Merc with a Mouth

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Some guy complained about people wall hacking when in fact they were not. The guy he said was is a great player and I know damn well he wasn't "wall hacking". I please ask you to bring 3rd person back. Plenty of me and my friends play in only 3rd person and it's throwing off our game. Please.. bring back 3rd person... we don't want to leave skial servers, but we will.

Merc with a Mouth

Scarcely Lethal Noob
It did from some of the servers. I play a 2fort chicago server, it's my home server. And 3rd person is completely gone. It doesn't work at all.

Ceubie

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
It did from some of the servers. I play a 2fort chicago server, it's my home server. And 3rd person is completely gone. It doesn't work at all.
Maybe thats why everyone in 2fort sucks lol because you play in thirdperson.
But seriously, if It wasnt removed from Hale, Surf or the other custom modes I dont see the problem.

Merc with a Mouth

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Well it's all the servers I have on my favorites except for one. It's a serious problem on our half because the 2fort map is one of our main maps we play together. We have played together for a long time now and I don't want to change all that just because one jackass ruined it for us.

Pinker-tan

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I'm guessing it was removed from 2fort because snipers would use thirdperson and get the greater advantage

Merc with a Mouth

Scarcely Lethal Noob
If there was an advantage, I couldn't find it. Playing sniper on third person with anything but the huntsman on 2fort just made it more difficult to aim downscope. But it worked perfectly for everything else.

Merc with a Mouth

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Really? I'll keep that in mind. May switch to an L.A. one if possible. I've just been playin on that server a long time and it's much worth fighting for. But if those ones are working, that might be the answer I need.

Eminor3rd

Scarcely Lethal Noob
I'm guessing it was removed from 2fort because snipers would use thirdperson and get the greater advantage

Third person is a mode with distinct advantages and distinct disadvantages. It may help a sniper at keeping track of his surroundings, but it certainly comes at the cost of accuracy. One of the reasons I play Skial servers is becasue of third person mode, something I've spent a long time getting accustomed to. I don't understand why it was taken away; lots of servers have it and it is clearly not a hack or cheat.

Can we please bring it back, or at least provide a good explanation of why it was taken away? Like Merc, I really don't want to go find another set of main servers =\

Merc with a Mouth

Scarcely Lethal Noob
That's when this started. Someone playing on our server Spik3d or something like that, reported one of my buds Sentry Gun (Sentry Gun) for wall hacking when all he was doing was using 3rd person.

Blade D_Hero

Contributor
Personally, I don't use thirdperson, and it annoys me when I get killed where in regular view I would have lived.

But it isn't my choice alone. Lots of people like it, and lots of people use it. Disabling it now seems like a downer for everyone who wants to play around differently.

Zantho

Scarcely Lethal Noob
I don't see why it was even removed? sure there's advantages, but there's also disadvantages. Like others have said I'm accustomed to it, so 3:

T.

Scarcely Lethal Noob
I want 3rd person back too, I don't think 1 person should decide the fate of a whole server feature. Where's the proof? I see no proof. 3rd person may give an advantage of seeing around corners, but you also can't shoot well with it. It's advantage/disadvantage. We should be able to choose!

Ceubie

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I want 3rd person back too, I don't think 1 person should decide the fate of a whole server feature. Where's the proof? I see no proof. 3rd person may give an advantage of seeing around corners, but you also can't shoot well with it. It's advantage/disadvantage. We should be able to choose!
Who are you?

Lord Killington

Legendary Skial King
Who are you?
T
mr-t1.jpg

Reactions: T.
Status
Not open for further replies.