Status
Not open for further replies.

Merc with a Mouth

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Some guy complained about people wall hacking when in fact they were not. The guy he said was is a great player and I know damn well he wasn't "wall hacking". I please ask you to bring 3rd person back. Plenty of me and my friends play in only 3rd person and it's throwing off our game. Please.. bring back 3rd person... we don't want to leave skial servers, but we will.

SgtGiraffe

Legendary Skial King
i say lower his ban to a month or so i was banned for a good while for racism but i dont really think a perma ban was fair but then again he was being a bag of dicks and talk 2 much shit just let him off the hook CD give him a month ban and let him come back

*edit hes already banned for one month he can wait it out i was banned for 2 so he can deal with one less

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I guess the racial slur was deleted, regardless he is a good gamer and person offline from the game from chatting with him, i hope its a temp ban vs a perma ban.
It's currently a month, your friend might be successful in lowering it a bit if he were to add CD on steam and speak with him. I make no promise that he will though. (If your friend is a hothead he could land himself in deeper shit)

Ceubie

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
, however I do know that people do dumb things when agitated, so yes it was a minor issue, but imagine you start a thread to complain about a minor issue and the first response to your perfectly legit question is "LOL WHO R U?" It's just stupid, and uncalled for..
Remember how my first response to the perfectly legit question was "It got removed?"

stabbyWOOPS || TKIAS

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
It's currently a month, your friend might be successful in lowering it a bit if he were to add CD on steam and speak with him. I make no promise that he will though. (If your friend is a hothead he could land himself in deeper shit)
alright sounds very reasonable. I know him through steam he could be a hot head or just got caught in the moment.

I fail to see how being a good tf2 player will influence your ban time.
there is an excellent player on the servers but was a super dick to some other players and they recieved no disciplinary action from the admins, thats why i mentioned it.
the player im referring to actually talked shit to one of my sisters and she didnt want to play tf2 anymore because she was worried he would be playing too. All she did was backstab him a couple times and it got to him i guess.

[TC]CreepingDeath

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I'm not here to start bullshit and like i said in my op, I want to know why he was kicked out unless a post was edited or deleted i do not see a clear violation of terms. The flaming it was entertained by both sides therefore that point should be brought up again, because some people flamed and they are still here to comment.

why i used bullshit: because interragoator brought it up, and that's not my intent.
It is standard practice that when a post has a rule infraction in it that post is also deleted.

The public can not see posts that have been deleted but they are still visible to the moderating staff.

We do not ban for people suggesting things. Asking to have !3 reenabled is not a bannable offense. If you are speaking of "Merc with a Mouth", he was banned for two instances of extreme flaming and one instance of racism.

We use a warning point system here where each offense earns you one point. Once you hit three points you're banned from the forum until enough points expire that you're back under three points. Merc had three separate infractions. Technically he had more but I was going easy on him.

Luckyboxes

Wicked Nasty Engineer
there is an excellent player on the servers but was a super dick to some other players and they recieved no disciplinary action from the admins, thats why i mentioned it.
the player im referring to actually talked shit to one of my sisters and she didnt want to play tf2 anymore because she was worried he would be playing too. All she did was backstab him a couple times and it got to him i guess.

Yeah... unfortunately on Skial servers you can berate people anyway you want for however long you want just so long as it doesn't include any racial slurs or anything negative about sexual orientation.

I mean, just listen to Belokk spout off every time he is on. Or Cinic for that matter.

Wish it weren't so... but it is.

RisenDemon

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
I've just read through the entire 7 page fiasco concerning the third-person command.

Firekip's first response was uncalled for.
Muttonstache's "Who are you?" response wasn't necessary.
His other response, "these are the people who say balls..." is probably the pebble that started the downhill avalanche of flaming remarks.
Firekip mentioned that they were trash-talking them, although i haven't seen them say anything inflammatory against Mutton or Firekip.

After that, Merc started responding to both of them and turned into the shitstorm we're all seeing now.

stabbyWOOPS || TKIAS

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
I've just read through the entire 7 page fiasco concerning the third-person command.

His other response, "these are the people who say balls..." is probably the pebble that started the downhill avalanche of flaming remarks.
Firekip mentioned that they were trash-talking them, although i haven't seen them say anything inflammatory against Mutton or Firekip.

After that, Merc started responding to both of them and turned into the shitstorm we're all seeing now.

im assuming they got points too but not enough to get a ban yet.. regardless now i understand the skial forum, i think lol

Lord Pootis

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
So, is this a glitch or did the admins actually decide to remove it? If so, why were we not apprised of the rationale behind the decision? If nothing else it should be a donator perk.

[TC]CreepingDeath

Legendary Skial King
Contributor

There are some posts that you can't see any longer that... Well... They're just blatantly uncalled for.

Most of what Firekip says I just glaze over since it usually doesn't even make any sort of sense in the English language or reality as defined by Einsteinian physics. He's not malicious and doesn't actually break any of the rules as laid out here. Most of what he says is somehow loosely based on the topic. Where the topic actually derailed was with this post here (which is one of the posts where I SHOULD have given him a point and decided not to) when it turned from arguing his point to just insulting people on a public forum where he posted a public thread that somebody other than an admin wasn't responding. The Mr. T thing was short lived and a small joke, so I let it go because I'm not one to rule by an iron fist. And here is another post I really should've zinged him with a point but didn't.

Eminor3rd sent me a PM on the topic, treated me with respect, and discussed it like an adult. I gave him an answer which seemed to satisfy him.
I appreciate you taking the time to be an adult about it and not fly off the handle with flaming and threadcrapping.

The reason is here, actually, in another thread.

http://www.skial.com/threads/we-should-really-remove-3.25590/

It has been causing issues where it's been exploited as if it were a hack.

I have ZERO problem with Merc asking what he did. What I do have a problem with is that he came in here with a SuperSoaker full of gasoline, sprayed everybody down, and threw a match then was like "WHY ARE YOU FLAMING ME!?" after people disagreed with him (maybe not in the NICEST way, but not in any rule-breaking manner). He showed up with a chip on his shoulder the size of the iceburg that took out the Titanic over an unofficial feature in a video game.

There are other threads on the same exact topic in both directions that proceeded without needing any sort of moderator intervention. Unfortunately, Merc caused his thread to require that.

[TC]CreepingDeath

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
We got word from the main man himself, thirdperson is disabled, we can all shut up now.

Sheesh.
That's not actually what this thread is about, apparently, but thanks for playing. :)

photo-full.jpg

What this thread is about is the fact that somebody got banned, somebody else doesn't know why, so it's the moderator/admin's fault and there needs to be an inquisition.

Fortunately, I'm not one of those asshole admins that feels he doesn't need to answer to anybody. I'm fine justifying what I do. I put everything I do up for review with all the other admins, moderators, Roman, and (most importantly) Bottiger. If there's a disagreement with something I've done and I'm proven wrong then, well, I'd be wrong.

Nobody's called into question my bans except the people who've gotten banned and their partially uninformed friends.

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
This is flagrantly abused. It is used as a b0rderline wallhack, and is a joke. It's an unfair tool, and we have seen that. It isn't coming back.
Any other questions on it, PM me on them.
Locking.

Status
Not open for further replies.