Pansmith

Truly Feared Pyro
Contributor
Master Mapper
Vsh_turret_testing
Vsh_mountain_bash_v3

What more needs to be said about these two?

Vsh_ Industrial
530-90_53811c88ab925.jpg

Suggested by Ijikaru, it has a mixture of indoor and outdoor areas. Has good spots for everyone.

vsh_hakurei_winter_v2
2012-12-26_00002_ojs-jpg.1287

Bumping this map from the previous thread as a replacement for hakurei shrine. As well as fixing bugs found in the original, it would give some map diversity, as we have no (year-round) winter maps.

Vsh_ratssaxy_reworked
530-90_5e0cf6c573322.jpg

A cleaned-up version of ratssaxy with textures, props and such.

vsh_arakawa_b1a
530-90__31787-.jpg

(Fifth most viewed vsh map on gamebanana!) A coastal map with a lighthouse.

Slip

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Mapper
-1 for vsh_ratssaxy_reworked_v1c

Looks like a full server nightmare, pretty much lovelyhouse but worse

+1 for everything else, good maps

True Darkian

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Contributor
+1
For Stargate and Weapons Storage.
Weapons Storage (depot) has been a map that is popular and frequently asked to be returned while it's also remade now, and Stargate is a fresh new map that should get a chance.

+0
For spaaaaace and oilrig
Both maps have been in Skial before but we're quite popular, I believe Oilrig already had a 2nd chance though?

For ratssaxy
I don't quite remember if this was in Skial before, I do remember a map like this, but we only played it once and it was hated alot, so it got rtv'd quickly, never to be seen again.

mub

Positively Inhumane Poster
Contributor
+1 to all these maps except Ratssaxy. Oilrig seems to have support from VSH but not FF, which is what got it shot down last time, so it'd likely need to be a map pool separation, which may not happen.

Ratssaxy is one of those maps that are commonly prone to full 10 minute rounds and overall is a rather low effort map design.

edit: fug already replied to this one. oop

Last edited:

mub

Positively Inhumane Poster
Contributor
+1 for Turret Testing. I hear a lot of people ask for this one back, and it played well enough.
-1 for Mountain_Bash. It's a nice map, but unfortunately prone to fairly slow rounds.
-1 for Industrial for the same reason.
+1 for Hakurei Winter, especially to replace the regular version we currently have. The changes in the winter version drastically improve the overall feel and gameplay of it.
-1 for Ratssaxy, prone to very long rounds and just kind of messy in design.
+1 for Arakawa, solid map design.