Meebas

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Mapper
vsh_abandoned_warehouse_v2 ► vsh_abandoned_warehouse_a3
@g .

I know there's no easy way to tell someone that their hard work did more harm than good, but this honestly is really the case. For the first couple days this updated version of the map came out, there were missing textures and props everywhere. But despite that being (apparently) fixed now, the map just doesn't have the same charm it used to. And I'm not saying that because it was really cheesy, because it was. But ignoring all the crazy engineer tactics everyone pulled off, the map was just a lot easier on the eyes; it looked a lot more inviting.

The V2 of the map is a lot more detailed and well done, but it necessarily isn't better in terms of gameplay. It is much bigger, to start. And the boss' spawn is both a blessing and a curse. If the boss does not make it out before the scouts reach it, which is actually uncomfortably difficult, the boss is then subject to the knockback of their enemies, stuck in a vent with only their spawn as respite. In some cases, it's a guaranteed loss, granted the RED players set up correctly. If the boss does manage to make it out, the contrary can happen. RED can camp in boss' spawn, to which it is the same case if the boss attempts to get in. The vast remainder of the map tends to hardly be explored due to the fact that you can't walk 20 feet without your teammates before the boss can reach you.

Back to my main point, I, along with many server regulars, just think the old layout was much more fun to play on. The underground area by spawn was a great escape for engies, the platform above the point was amazing for soldiers and pyros, the sniper spot was, well, great for sniper.... and engie.

The version of the map was vsh_abandoned_warehouse_a3.

This is the thread it was added in, including this download link.
Note: Everyone still has all 3 versions of the map downloaded. (1, a3, v2)

g .

Uncharitable Spy
Mapper
+1

When I first started working on V2, it was suppose to be a new map altogether, but then I started to think about how much I loved the style and idea of the warehouse, so after completing RED's spawn, I decided to start making the general play setting of the older version. There was a lot of potential for the map at this point, and I tried to make use as of much of that as possible. I didn't take too well into account how bias the hale's spawn was, however. Some other things were off too.

I started working on an update to fix everything at the beginning of March, making a second way out of hale's spawn, brightening up the map and added more props and ammo in the main area. I lost ambition after a sort of vacation I took on the 10th. This is where I mainly started seeing Skial as a community that I didn't want having my service. As Luke said in the discord after I left, mapping takes time - that's it. He's correct. I have a job, and friends that enjoy playing with me, so I don't have too much time, and work slow. As seen by this post, I work too slow for standards anyways. Anyone can learn to map, and it doesn't make you special that you can map. If you want to learn quickly and easily, I recommend watching TopHattWaffle's hammer tutorial series. I learned everything I know about mapping from him. I may finish the update and release it before the end of the month, but I'm up in the air about. Take care, Skial.

Meebas

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Mapper
+1

When I first started working on V2, it was suppose to be a new map altogether, but then I started to think about how much I loved the style and idea of the warehouse, so after completing RED's spawn, I decided to start making the general play setting of the older version. There was a lot of potential for the map at this point, and I tried to make use as of much of that as possible. I didn't take too well into account how bias the hale's spawn was, however. Some other things were off too.

I started working on an update to fix everything at the beginning of March, making a second way out of hale's spawn, brightening up the map and added more props and ammo in the main area. I lost ambition after a sort of vacation I took on the 10th. This is where I mainly started seeing Skial as a community that I didn't want having my service. As Luke said in the discord after I left, mapping takes time - that's it. He's correct. I have a job, and friends that enjoy playing with me, so I don't have too much time, and work slow. As seen by this post, I work too slow for standards anyways. Anyone can learn to map, and it doesn't make you special that you can map. If you want to learn quickly and easily, I recommend watching TopHattWaffle's hammer tutorial series. I learned everything I know about mapping from him. I may finish the update and release it before the end of the month, but I'm up in the air about. Take care, Skial.

Oh, man you really don't have to go through the trouble adjusting the V2 of the map. Everyone loves the jankiness charm of the a3 version.

It is funny, but it seems that the more jank a map gets, the more popular it is. Egyptyspot is the jankiest map on the server, and it's one of the most popular. When your map came out, it was like, holy. Then the a3 update came, and it was the second coming of Jesus. It was just godlike, perfection. It started to surpass Egypt in popularity, and not even because it was new.