Drum

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Mapper
-1, it's trade, if it bothers you, you can either walk away from it, change teams, or go spectate.

Faron

Australian Skial God
Contributor
-1, it's trade, if it bothers you, you can either walk away from it, change teams, or go spectate.
Change teams or walk away they follow you. People would rather go to a different server then sit in spec and trade.

TheStereo

Gore-Spattered Heavy
It's also impossible to run away from a Scout hitting you with a pan. And there's not special effects on it. I don't see the big deal. They can just use a bat instead.

+1

Blade D_Hero

Contributor

Yeah, I'm guilty of panning people on trade servers, but me and most everyone who does pan does it for five minutes, gets nored of it, then stops. Of course you can debate that there are trolls who spam the pan for half an hour, but that doesn't account for everyone who "pans."

As for the trade over chat, I hear everything perfectly, even when there are three or more people panning me or someone nearby. Might be my settings or something, but I don't really play around with those to much.

Don't get rid of Mr. Pan. :(

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor

^ Why they should be banned, or at least not be allowed to be abused in that manner

I enjoy whacking enemies with frying pans but being abused as a troll weapon is more than obnoxious.

On a second thought, maybe they shouldn't be outright banned but rather if someone is going around blatantly annoying their team members by continually whacking them with a pan then they could be at least be kicked for it. This way the people who like it can keep it, but the trolls can't grief.

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Gotta admit a few people all panning at once makes a hell of a noise, but so does spamming MTM taunt in the pool.

Hellgasims

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Contributor
Can't you just move away from the pan fest if you don't want to hear it?
What's worse is when a group of idles are at the end of the track, and someone uses the Machina.... =_=

KinCryos

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Mapper
you'd think Valve would've fixed these sound issues by-- oh wait, it's Valve we're talking out