KewnTunes

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO pls we need to show off are swag ;_; and people don't even complain about it

Dave the Manly

Australian Skial God
Contributor
you can't walk away from them? turn game volume down?
When you walk away, they hit someone else nearby. When you leave the spawn to escape the noise, the noise of you dying while you're trying to listen replaces the noise of you being panned while you're trying to listen. When you turn down the volume, you're also turning down the volume of the person you're trying to hear talk over their mic. It's a no-win situation with pans.

KewnTunes

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
I can hear people perfectly fine in the middle of a pan circlejerk : o

Or just change teams there's no limit to people on each team

Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I see no need for pans to be enabled on trade servers - my opinion is disable them if people are abusing them similar to how people were abusing third person.

If people are being obnoxious and there's an easy fix that really won't impact anyone other than their ability to be fucks, I say go for it.

Genocide

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
When you walk away, they hit someone else nearby. When you leave the spawn to escape the noise, the noise of you dying while you're trying to listen replaces the noise of you being panned while you're trying to listen. When you turn down the volume, you're also turning down the volume of the person you're trying to hear talk over their mic. It's a no-win situation with pans.
Just decrease FX volume and then increase voice volume. 2 separate controls.

Dave the Manly

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Just decrease FX volume and then increase voice volume. 2 separate controls.
Yes, then when I go back to dustbowl, I'm unable to hear dead ringer spies decloaking right behind me over the whiny cunts that wonder why no one wants to be their pocket medic. I also lost 98% ubercharge because of this.

hXcjedders

Australian Skial God
+Me

No logical reason why pans need to be enabled in trade. Pan is pan, it's not like an unusual or something. Nobody is impressed by them.

Genocide

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Yes, then when I go back to dustbowl, I'm unable to hear dead ringer spies decloaking right behind me over the whiny cunts that wonder why no one wants to be their pocket medic. I also lost 98% ubercharge because of this.
I wonder if it would be possible to script the volume adjustments. Then, when you connect to a trade server, all you would need to do is exec the script and vice versa with the reg server...

Dave the Manly

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I wonder if it would be possible to script the volume adjustments. Then, when you connect to a trade server, all you would need to do is exec the script and vice versa with the reg server...
Not everyone is brilliant with scripting.

No, I'm not going to learn any scripting for the sake of creating a client-side fix for a problem that could be fixed with the removal of the source server-side, either.

Genocide

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Not everyone is brilliant with scripting.

No, I'm not going to learn any scripting for the sake of creating a client-side fix for a problem that could be fixed with the removal of the source server-side, either.
Well, if i knew the commands for volume control, I would be more than willing to write the script. :D

Dave the Manly

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Well, if i knew the commands for volume control, I would be more than willing to write the script. :D
That's beside the point. No one should have to make or use a client side fix for this, since the pans are by no means necessary for trade, and removing them isn't rocket science.

Truth Seeker

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I see no need for pans to be enabled on trade servers - my opinion is disable them if people are abusing them similar to how people were abusing third person.

If people are being obnoxious and there's an easy fix that really won't impact anyone other than their ability to be fucks, I say go for it.
How were people abusing third person on trade servers?

Genocide

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
That's beside the point. No one should have to make or use a client side fix for this, since the pans are by no means necessary for trade, and removing them isn't rocket science.
While I agree, the script could be useful in other situations as well. However if nobody is interested, I will spend the effort on my C++ programming labs instead :)

ViperStriker

Banned
Contributor
Something like that should be possible, I was able to script custom mouse sensitivities for all the classes. Maybe it'd go in the autoexec.cfg file?