Genocide

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Something like that should be possible, I was able to script custom mouse sensitivities for all the classes. Maybe it'd go in the autoexec.cfg file?
You could do it that way. Where to put it isnt so much the problem. What the volume cvars actually are is. Autoexec simply auto loads whatever you put in it. If I was going to do a script tho, I would add only a bind to autoexec that would execute the script. That way you don't load it unless you want to use it.

ViperStriker

Banned
Contributor
You could do it that way. Where to put it isnt so much of a problem as what the volume cvars actually are. Autoexec simply auto loads whatever you put in it. If I was going to do a script tho, I would add only a bind to autoexec that would execute the script. That way you don't load it unless you want to use it.
Hmm, good point. I'm not for sure what you'd have to put in the .cfg file to actually set it to change volumes though. You'd have to set it to a certain decibel obviously.

Genocide

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I know its not really on topic but here is what you could use for an easy volume adjust script

Code:
//Volume Changer Script - Compliments Genocide

alias "volumetoggle" "volumetoggleon"
alias "volumetoggleon" "volumeon; alias volumetoggle volumetoggleoff"
alias "volumetoggleoff" "volumeoff; alias volumetoggle volumetoggleon"
alias "volumeon" "volume 0.25; echo Volume Reduced!"
alias "volumeoff" "volume 1; echo Volume Restored!"

bind KP_DEL volumetoggle

Edit: I had tossed an echo in i was going to try to print to the screen, but that would require timed developer command and wont work without the wait commands that are disabled on skial. Was too lazy to remove lol.

Paste this into a new Notepad file. When you are finished editing, save it as a filename.cfg(insert whatever you want for filename, don't forget the .cfg). Copy this into your
Steam/Steamapps/YourSteamName/TeamFortress2/tf/cfg
folder.

Just change the 0.25 to whatever you want the low end, reduced, volume to be (0.01-1.00). This is the percentage of the volume bar. So as an example, 0.50 would be 50% volume and so on.

Adjust the 1.00 to whatever you want the normal level to be.

Change the KP_DEL to whatever key you want to use to toggle the volume.

eViL 1

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Should we remove the pan from our TF2 Trade servers?

Killer Zebra

Why would you kill or hi jack a tread about abusive players with pans, without the story line or links to pictures. Any new people to this tread will just think its about taking things away. You miss the point!!!! nice job

The easy solution is to go to another trade server like the people than I trade with have suggested.

hXcjedders

Australian Skial God
Killer Zebra

Why would you kill or hi jack a tread about abusive players with pans, without the story line or links to pictures. Any new people to this tread will just think its about taking things away. You miss the point!!!! nice job

It's so nobody goes there to talk about an ENTIRELY SEPARATE issue. Whether or not this stemmed from that, removing something =/= punishing griefers.

Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I know its not really on topic but here is what you could use for an easy volume adjust script

Code:
//Volume Changer Script - Compliments Genocide

alias "volumetoggle" "volumetoggleon"
alias "volumetoggleon" "volumeon; alias volumetoggle volumetoggleoff"
alias "volumetoggleoff" "volumeoff; alias volumetoggle volumetoggleon"
alias "volumeon" "volume 0.5; echo Volume Reduced!"
alias "volumeoff" "volume 1; echo Volume Restored!"

bind KP_DEL volumetoggle

Edit: I had tossed an echo in i was going to try to print to the screen, but that would require timed developer command and wont work without the wait commands that are disabled on skial. Was too lazy to remove lol.

Paste this into a new Notepad file. When you are finished editing, save it as a filename.cfg(insert whatever you want for filename, don't forget the .cfg). Copy this into your
Steam/Steamapps/YourSteamName/TeamFortress2/tf/cfg
folder.

Just change the 0.25 to whatever you want the low end, reduced, volume to be (0.01-1.00). This is the percentage of the volume bar. So as an example, 0.50 would be 50% volume and so on.

Adjust the 1.00 to whatever you want the normal level to be.

Change the KP_DEL to whatever key you want to use to toggle the volume.

Why go through all this issue when we can just disable pans? I'm asking for the pros of keeping them enabled - the cons are simply..people abuse them - and it's not like people are going to be upset they can't pan people on a trade server unless they're looking to be obnoxious.

What is the reason to make people go through all these steps to keep them enabled?

Genocide

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Why go through all this issue when we can just disable pans? I'm asking for the pros of keeping them enabled - the cons are simply..people abuse them - and it's not like people are going to be upset they can't pan people on a trade server unless they're looking to be obnoxious.

What is the reason to make people go through all these steps to keep them enabled?
You do realize that I +1 supported the pan removal prior to this post, right?

KewnTunes

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Tommorow me and my army of trade regs will come here and bring justice starting with Zebra
death-note-screenshot.jpg

inb4 everyone is too lazy to make a forum account...