Bottiger

Administrator
Discuss here about setting up new servers and maps.

Current Status
  • Currently I am thinking about throwing out our Granary server for lack of players.
  • We also have lots of space on USW and EU2 due to the update that reduced CPU usage.
    There is room for 2-3 more servers on US1
  • Unfortunately due to the release of Skyrim, TF2 players have been reduced by 50%, so we need to be cautious in our expansions.

Gen.mcMuster

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
*sees anger over server disconnect*

*CoughCoughI'veGotASolutionCoughCough*

have you considered combo servers?

essentially a rotation server with just a few maps that play similarly

EX:
Goldrush/Badwater/ThunderMtn
Coldfront/Badlands/Granary

this would allow you to scrap the less popular servers that never fill up.

and the voting feature allows people to play on a single map indefinitely if they want to.

NOHEROS has a Goldrush/Badwater combo server that is constantly full, and the similarity of the maps causes you to lose fewer players on a map change

Reactions: Anya and Doki

Turovik

Contributor
del piero are you kidding me? you are threatening to ban me from the forums for "spamming" ??

"Turovik,

Your message New server planning thread is spam.

This is a warning. Multiple warnings may result in a ban."

you are saying that all your posts (fastlane derp) weren't spam, and my ONE post is spam?

cant-tell-if-serious-or-elaborate-troll.jpg

(cYs) Del Piero

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
your message
It's a standardized message. Multiple warnings result in a ban. That statement is pretty obvious. The ban is only as long as your warnings are and I haven't banned you from anything. I just warned you for spamming.

Gen.mcMuster

What the User thinks(|subconsciously| and "consciously").

"I wanna play some Dustbowl" |I wanna play something that my brain thinks is fun|

Popular maps: "Meh, I'll probably have to play on a map i don't like" |looks the same as a regular rotation server that didn't have any thought put into it|

24/7 DUSTBOWLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!: "*Connects*" |good-e-nuf|

DUSTBOWL/5GORGE/GRANARY: "I LIKE 2/3 OF THOSE MAPS! *Connects*" |I like that gamemode in general, but i mainly like Dustbowl. So I might as well join a server with a healthy amount of variety|

Reactions: Anya

Staying_Classy

Australian Skial God
Contributor
HEYPIEROCANYOUBANME?
HEYPIEROCANYOUBANME?
HEYPIEROCANYOUBANME?
HEYPIEROCANYOUBANME?

Anyway, I like McCumdumpster's idea.

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
del piero are you kidding me? you are threatening to ban me from the forums for "spamming" ??

"Turovik,

Your message New server planning thread is spam.

This is a warning. Multiple warnings may result in a ban."

you are saying that all your posts (fastlane derp) weren't spam, and my ONE post is spam?

cant-tell-if-serious-or-elaborate-troll.jpg
OH SHIT
I will personally unban Turovik if he is banned for pointing out EVERY TIME Piero mentioned Fastlane on here.

Reactions: Turovik and Rvsz

Rvsz

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
That's ridiculous Del Piero, I don't think anyone deserves a warning for spam more than you here.

edit: reported you

Reactions: Turovik