Bottiger

Administrator
Discuss here about setting up new servers and maps.

Current Status
  • Currently I am thinking about throwing out our Granary server for lack of players.
  • We also have lots of space on USW and EU2 due to the update that reduced CPU usage.
    There is room for 2-3 more servers on US1
  • Unfortunately due to the release of Skyrim, TF2 players have been reduced by 50%, so we need to be cautious in our expansions.

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
What's your reasoning about being cautions? Are you worried adding new servers would thin out the population?

Might not hurt to test out some new game modes.

Bottiger

Administrator
Yes thinning out is a serious problem because quickplay will send players to fuller servers.

I think it would be better to focus on maps. The most popular game mode Saxton Hale, is barely as popular as a regular game map.

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
  • Unfortunately due to the release of Skyrim, TF2 players have been reduced by 50%, so we need to be cautious in our expansions.
images

D

DeadHerald

Too bad we lost the 50% that had some semblance of skill.

(cYs) Del Piero

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
I would love a 24/7 Fastlane map (EU or US server doesn't matter to me). Lots of people play Fastlane and I think it would attract people to Skial who have been playing on other server communties since we don't have a Fastlane server.

Cylosis

Legendary Skial King
Nonono, 24/7 ctf_convoy or another idling server.
I can't find a convoy server that isn't laggy as balls, and the idling server is always full.

Doki

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Contributor
this just reminds me of how much I want to play skyrim ]:

probably just going to go get skyward sword instead
link is the only dragonborn I need <3

Reactions: Cylosis

Ruelel

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
do an EU orange 100%
you should get a good chunk of players from EU or Middleeast/Asia who play on the US orange

(cYs) Del Piero

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
Orange sucks so bad :(
Why not EU Fastlane or something. Nighteam's EU Fastlane server is often full. When I was noob and used to play there I loved 24/7 Fastlane. Skial really needs a Fastlane server

Ruelel

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Orange sucks so bad :(
Why not EU Fastlane or something. Nighteam's EU Fastlane server is always full. When I was noob and used to play there I loved 24/7 Fastlane.
i dont like orange either but its a really popular map if you just wanna dick around