Bottiger

Administrator
Discuss here about setting up new servers and maps.

Current Status
  • Currently I am thinking about throwing out our Granary server for lack of players.
  • We also have lots of space on USW and EU2 due to the update that reduced CPU usage.
    There is room for 2-3 more servers on US1
  • Unfortunately due to the release of Skyrim, TF2 players have been reduced by 50%, so we need to be cautious in our expansions.

Ruelel

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
may i suggest adding a little notification in the server text chat about this thread?
you know how you can do !rules for rules, why not have a !newserver ?

Reactions: Turovik

Dmt4life

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
just a thought, why not a test map server, that runs 2 new maps each week, and if one happens to be extremely popular, it can get a trial run on its own server, and ones that are not popular, well what happens to them should be pretty straight forward

Reactions: [TC]CreepingDeath

Gen.mcMuster

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
have you considered combo servers?

essentially a rotation server with just a few maps that play similarly

EX:
Goldrush/Badwater/ThunderMtn
Coldfront/Badlands/Granary

this would allow you to scrap the less popular servers that never fill up.

and the voting feature allows people to play on a single map indefinitely if they want to.

NOHEROS has a Goldrush/Badwater combo server that is constantly full, and the similarity of the maps causes you to lose fewer players on a map change

[TC]CreepingDeath

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
If my Swiss cheese brain remembers later, I am going to pop around on other servers and see what maps we're not running to see what cool stuff there is out there.

JosieWoman125

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
You are such a dumb troll. Fuck off. All you do is troll - all day. Make a trolling club with Killerman.
Warpath is shitty and you can't compare it to Fastlane.
lol someone is getting mad.
also suggesting me when I only invite him to games just to play? Haha.
and plus that's your opinion. Lots of us have opinions too.

Ruelel

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
You are such a dumb troll. Fuck off. All you do is troll - all day. Make a trolling club with Killerman.
and how is he trolling?
just because he's saying something you dont like, you consider that trolling?

Staying_Classy

Australian Skial God
Contributor
tumblr_lvxm96jf8I1qgwsj9o2_500.jpg

Osprey

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
No warpath. Last time I checked there were 4 servers. 3 were completely empty and 1 was on rotation.

You're getting rid of Gravelpit? (I just tried to connect) That's a staple of the standard map rotation and, from my experience, a fairly popular server. I hope it's just moving to another number...

edit: I thought only Granary had an issue...

edit2: People care about this server. I just got a message from a really good player, MelloJello (#24 on HL Stats, tons of playtime on Skial), asking if I knew what happened to Gravelpit.
edit3: Another good regular, Old_Man_Unreasonable, shares our same sentiment.​

Turovik

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Contributor
I would love a 24/7 Fastlane map (EU or US server doesn't matter to me). Lots of people play Fastlane and I think it would attract people to Skial who have been playing on other server communties since we don't have a Fastlane server.
Orange sucks so bad :(
Why not EU Fastlane or something. Nighteam's EU Fastlane server is often full. When I was noob and used to play there I loved 24/7 Fastlane. Skial really needs a Fastlane server

Were are you and Classy from then? I thought you came from Orange too :troll:
If a map is known for trolls why should we want more servers with it?

Fastlane would at least bring us normal members and not trolls. And it's a really fun map!

As I said Nighteam's EU and US Fastlane servers are often full during normal playingtime. Saigns.de has also a pretty full Fastlane server.
If it wasn't popular other server companies wouldn't have multiply servers with Fastlane.

If a server is full then there are no bots on. They only have bots on when nobody is on their servers. I don't like them because they have stupid premium features.
Skial's Fastlane server would rock

Fastlane is pretty cool

14o910m.gif

Reactions: CiNiC

Bottiger

Administrator
No one seeded Gravelpit so I got rid of it.

show_graph.php

If no one is seeding their favorite servers I will have to change it to the popular run of the mill maps.

It's either this, or have an empty server.