Elekris

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
reasons:
  • a taunt limit is not stopping friendlying
  • the players get to choose (i believe that most players playing on skial aren't registered on this forum)

Reactions: 185db

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
ok let me sum it up
THIS is team fortress 2, a game with a BARELY existing competitive scene
and YOU are providing PUBLIC servers where are no major achievments to earn
in short: why so serious?

TF2 is a game designed around killing. It's a first person shooter where you compete against the other team to win what ever objective it is, and even if you're playing on 24/7 hightower where people don't focus on the objective most players still focus on killing each other, not hosting conga parties.

If you want to friendly you can do so on idle and trade, and the fact that you're here complaining about the plugin keeping you from friendlying (if you're congaing for more than 28 seconds, you're already in friendlying territory) goes to prove its working.

@the Renegade look at the title

@CrowTec nope, the majority of the EU 2fort people want taunts back

so i recorded a short video which shows that there is no skial watermark on my screen

There's fake skial servers. We've had people come to these forums before complaining about non-existent admins abusing their powers and people asking about servers that Skial doesn't even have because they were playing on a server posing as a Skial server.

There's even a message in the real skial servers that scrolls through chat saying to keep an eye out for fake servers.

Reactions: 185db

Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
If you can't even explain what you want and why you want it, then I don't see this thread going any further from where it's already at.

LiterallyCody

Totally Ordinary Human
I don't understand why Skial began limiting it. It's kinda bad, at first I was thinking "what if Skial makes the taunts for donaters only, no wait that's refuckingtarded"

Cowboy Crow

Australian Skial God
Contributor
What I really wanna know is.

Who the fuck cares.

Play the fucking game. Did you really install the game just so you can dance like a jackass for 30 mins? When in real life you can be dancing for real and make real money for it if you get good.

Think about it.

Reactions: OnYourMark ✿

Elekris

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
TF2 is a game designed around killing. It's a first person shooter where you compete against the other team to win what ever objective it is, and even if you're playing on 24/7 hightower where people don't focus on the objective most players still focus on killing each other, not hosting conga parties.
friendly parties are part of TF2s culture and they can be fun
If you want to friendly you can do so on idle and trade
as i said: my friends are on the 2fort eu server
There's fake skial servers.
if it's fake, why is there a taunt limit?
Play the fucking game. Did you really install the game just so you can dance like a jackass for 30 mins?
i already said i am not a 24/7 sandvich dispenser, i just wanna have friendly parties back because they can be fun sometimes

jwso

Australian Skial God
Contributor
ok so let's imagine that the limit gets removed

you go have your fun conga parties and get banned for friendlying anyway

Major McBooty

Scarcely Lethal Noob
What is the problem with friendly-ing when everyone is taking part of it?
If I'm playing with friends sometimes we like to take a break of killing but like to stay on the server.
I'm not saying that one should conga 30 minutes long but im saying it shouldn't have this one minute limit on it, like 2 min.
Especially for other taunts like the rancho relaxo, boxtrot... everyone knows how borings it gets when u are engineer and defending intel or something.

Summary:
I would prefer 2 minute limit or an option in the votemenu to disable or enable the limit and no taunt limit for the rancho relaxo, boxtrot,... .

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
What is the problem with friendly-ing when everyone is taking part of it?
If I'm playing with friends sometimes we like to take a break of killing but like to stay on the server.
I'm not saying that one should conga 30 minutes long but im saying it shouldn't have this one minute limit on it, like 2 min.
Especially for other taunts like the rancho relaxo, boxtrot... everyone knows how borings it gets when u are engineer and defending intel or something.

Summary:
I would prefer 2 minute limit or an option in the votemenu to disable or enable the limit and no taunt limit for the rancho relaxo, boxtrot,... .
Playing friendly is fucking dumb.

The Doctor [TR]

Mildly Menacing Medic
You have two screenshots from two different servers. It still isn't proving anything. The first screenshot isn't even a Skial server so it's pretty much irrelevant. There's no legit reason for the taunt limit to change.
This isn't even a Skial server...
It is . Me, Elektris, Spardau Debesi, Major McBooty, Jensen and more people are playing this game on skial 2fort EU server. I was there when the screenshot is taken.

In 2fort, we're all friends, we know each other and we have a crew for the players who continiously plays on 2fort EU server. Actually, we need a vote option to disable that thing, so we can decide our future. Actually it's really unnecessary. I think if you have respect to people, just let them have fun and at least put a vote option for this. Or you can set longer timer for rancho relaxo or others.

Last edited:

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
It is :) Me, Elektris, Spardau Debesi, Major McBooty, Jensen and more people are playing this game on skial 2fort EU server. I was there when the screenshot is taken.

In 2fort, we're all friends, we know each other and we have a crew for the players who continiously plays on 2fort EU server. Actually, we need a vote option to disable that thing, so we can decide our future. Actually it's really unnecessary. We are spending time here, I have 1000 hours on tf2 and I guess I spent 950 hours of it on skial 2fort. I think if you have respect to people, just let them have fun and at least put a vote option for this. Or you can set longer timer for rancho relaxo or others.
Playing on Skial for such a long time doesn't grant people special treatment. So your play time means nothing in a suggestion.

Roboute Guilliman

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I think if you have respect to people, just let them have fun and at least put a vote option for this. Or you can set longer timer for rancho relaxo or others.

And I think if you have to respect other people, you should go on a friendly server instead.

People are on 2fort to play 2fort, not to conga line, not to rancho, save that for Trade and Idle. Other people want to play the game the way it is meant to be played, if you are respecting them, then you should understand that you have to take your friendlying elsewhere so you don't under up interrupting their game.

Does friendlying have an impact on a game? It certainly does. Whether or not you're TDMing or actually playing the objective, having any number of friendlies on your team is dead weight and stacks the teams.

We'll respect your persons, so I kindly suggest you go on Trade or Idle.

You should respect the other people, and not friendly while they want to play the game.

Reactions: Chance

ly_dee

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
@Elekris @Major McBooty @The Doctor [TR] They added that limit for a reason. Friendlying is against the rules, period. I don't know why you keep arguing because i'm almost positive this suggestion won't pass.

If you feel the urgent need to throw a friendly party then gather your friends on a trade or idle server, have your party, get wild then go back on 2fart and play the game. I think you have to respect the fact that playing for the objective is also part of the TF2 culture, and as the tryhard that i am i despise people like you who are ruining the game.

We are spending time here, I have 1000 hours on tf2 and I guess I spent 950 hours of it on skial 2fort.
Your argument is invalid. I have 5000+ hours of TF2 and 3000+ hours spent on skial.

Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Alright so, let's say the limit does get increased. And you friendly on 2Fort for over 28 seconds. Then, you get banned for friendlying. From there, you make an appeal. What's going to be your reasoning for making an appeal?

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
how about making an exception for 1 server
No, if we were to start making exceptions around here, half the people banned for hacking would be unbanned by now. We aren't going to make exceptions unless there's an absurd amount of individuals wanting it and will still actively play in the same servers. That's our ultimate goal, to make sure our community is a place for everyone to enjoy but within limits. We can't meet everyone's expectations because they're not all the same. If you're not here to actually play the game, go elsewhere. Furthermore, our servers aren't test servers,tpit's called 2FORT | EU not FRIENDLY | EU, if we were to disable the plug-in on that server, it's player base may rise or fall, that's not something worth taking a chance over as it may never turn back to its prior state.