Elekris

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
reasons:
  • a taunt limit is not stopping friendlying
  • the players get to choose (i believe that most players playing on skial aren't registered on this forum)

Reactions: 185db

Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I think this suggestion should be denied and locked. It's almost to the point of literally beating a dead horse and the OP can't seem to get the idea through his thick skull.

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
friendly parties are part of TF2s culture and they can be fun

Your idea of fun ruins the fun of other people which is why we ban friendlying. Most people come to Skial hoping to play a normal round of TF2 where people are killing each other, not to watch their dead weight useless heavies crouch around with mittens.

You can friendly in the trade and idle servers where your idea of fun doesn't ruin everyone's fun. Or are you like the rest of the friendlies where you can only enjoy friendlying when you're being useless dead weight to your team, knowing you're taking up a slot from a person who actually wants to play the game?

185db

Epic Skial Regular
The admins here want the friendlies to go to trade/idle servers, while the people that friendly want the people who are opposed to it to go and play actual competitive. I cannot tell you how many times I have seen this argument being said and it's pretty much lost its weight at this point. People are just telling each other what to do and that NEVER goes well. A lot of people nowadays see a tf2 server as having your players and your friendly players, it's just part of the game to them and banning it from your average pub server is unthinkable. To the casual player, it's like banning a class.

What these people don't realize though, is that they can go to just about ANY other server. I don't understand why they need to be on Skial to do it. Heck, you can do it on valves own servers and no one will say anything about it.

I consider Skial to be like a little safe haven. It's the one place I can go and not really have to worry about useless players, while maintaining a 12+ team format and relaxed gameplay. Think of it like a little island, with the ocean being all other servers that allow friendly, and competitive being waaaaay out in the distance.

Everybody's got their favorite little island or ocean (server), and there's no need to try and take one over when you can just head south a few miles and be greeted with open arms.

Skial is targeted towards people with intentions like mine, and all the other people that enjoy playing here. I'm SURE there is a server out there that will suit all your needs.

Just deal with it and find something else you enjoy. No need to try and change this one when there are plenty of others with your "criteria".

diffrent-strokes-cast.jpg

(For different folks)

Kind of a weird and extended analogy but lets go with it.

This is not directed towards you Meowcenary or any other particular admin. I personally don't care too much for friendlies, as long as they don't bring to many people into it. I just happened to respond after you posted. Pure coincidence.

Bottiger

Administrator
Ok what if we increase the time allowed? I think most people here think 2-3 minutes of continuous taunting is too much. How about 1 minute?

Roboute Guilliman

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Ok what if we increase the time allowed? I think most people here think 2-3 minutes of continuous taunting is too much. How about 1 minute?

My two cents here.

Why would anyone be taunting for that long? The amount of time on average it takes to build an uber is about ~30 seconds. Given that entire rounds are usually also about ~5 minutes on certain maps (this depends on 2fort if the server is TDMing or Speedcapping), 1 minute is a very LONG time. I'd go as far as to say that the taunts should be shorter, but that's personal bias right there.

tldr Nah.

Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
How about we do something completely nuts and play the game for what it was intended for? I know it's a radical way of thinking but how about we shake things up a bit?

sov

Legendary Skial King
Dude, if you want to sit and make friends and chill than play Garry's Mod or something. There is nothing wrong with that.

TF2 is a game to play and frag people.
Now you might say that I, and many others, are try hards... but tbh it's just skill from years of playing. Most of the time I play TF2 I text, listen to music and talk to friends.

I will never understand how friendlies have fun doing nothing.

ly_dee

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
No. The taunt limit is perfectly fine as it is and has actually been helping reduce the amount of friendlies.