Elekris

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
reasons:
  • a taunt limit is not stopping friendlying
  • the players get to choose (i believe that most players playing on skial aren't registered on this forum)

Reactions: 185db

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor

It doesn't stop friendlying entirely, but from what I've seen on Skial as well as other servers that do similar things, it certainly helps cut back on the amount of friendlying.

And you really have no reason to conga around on a normal server for more than 28 seconds. If you're congaing around for longer than 28 seconds you're entering friendlying territory.

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
-1 if you're not playing and just taunting, you're hogging a player slot, while this plug-in does not stop friendlying, it does discourage friendlies to not play on our servers. While we do welcome all players, if you're hogging a play slot, we've no choice but to handle you. This is the best way to do it when no actual staff member is in the server at the time.

Reactions: OnYourMark ✿

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
i'm not always taunting because it gets boring

but 28secs is too short
28 seconds is roughly the time it takes to build an ubercharge for kritzkrieg or quick-fix if charging at max rate. Something that can actually help the team as opposed to just taunting and not helping your team. I'm going to say that unless you can get several vouches, this isn't going through. We've gotten little complaints about said plug-in and if it keeps rulebreakers from being rulebreakers, there's absolutely no reason to remove it.

Last edited:

Elekris

ok let me sum it up
THIS is team fortress 2, a game with a BARELY existing competitive scene
and YOU are providing PUBLIC servers where are no major achievments to earn
in short: why so serious?

jwso

Australian Skial God
Contributor
i don't see what the comp scene has to do with this

competitive ≠ casual competitive (skial pubs)

edit: skial servers are commonly endorsed by people that like to actually play the game just because friendlies get banned, otherwise shit gets to the point where it's just sandvich parties and taunt orgies

Blade D_Hero

Contributor
We've got two trade servers and an idle server where you can taunt for the entirety of your life if you want to.

Just go over there, -1

Elekris

this is a guy i got to know on the said skial server
i've asked him about his opinion
opinions.png

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
this is a guy i got to know on the said skial server
i've asked him about his opinion
opinions.png
Just a few opinions is not enough to change this. It has been cutting down the amount of friendlies on the server.

Kyle

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Go to trade or idle if you want to taunt for more than 30sec that badly.

Elekris

ok
so i see everyone on this forum is thinking about how to help his team the most
so why don't you remove taunts entirely?

Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor

What's the point of you going onto 2Fort or Dustbowl if you're just going to taunt the entire time? There's servers for that.

Kyle

Australian Skial God
Contributor
ok
so i see everyone on this forum is thinking about how to help his team the most
so why don't you remove taunts entirely?
Because we don't mind of people do the occasional hi-five, dosido, or a taunt after killing someone. We just don't want people doing more taunting than playing the objective on regular servers.

Elekris

and another guy frequently playing on the 2fort server

edit: is anybody who voted no even playing on the 2fort EU server?

jensen_opinion.png

Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Talking to people on Steam chat really isn't going to change anything. If majority of people on the forums votes against it, it's not going to change. And it doesn't matter what server it is. The rules are still the same. There's no point in being on that server if you're just going to friendly the entire time. There are servers for that.

Reactions: OnYourMark ✿

Elekris

@jwso yeah... that's funny.... haha...

@the Renegade i never said i'm a 24/7 sandvich dispenser, what makes you believe i do that?
also: nice to see skial caring for their players

i'm gonna ask more frequent players of skial 2fort Eu

how about making an exception for 1 server

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
@jwso yeah... that's funny.... haha...

@the Renegade i never said i'm a 24/7 sandvich dispenser, what makes you believe i do that?
also: nice to see skial caring for their players

i'm gonna ask more frequent players of skial 2fort Eu

how about making an exception for 1 server
Nice to see skial caring for their players? LOL this is to help reduce the amount of friendlies. And it's working, why the fuck would we remove it? Go away.