Toxik

Contributor
I have to admit, I used to have very very little interest in it, but I started playing and it's actually not bad, it's pretty addicting, especially for people like me who love to scavenge for better equipment

techboy

Scarcely Lethal Noob
it seems like they havent made the starter edition public. if someone has an extra guest pass, i would really appreciate if i could have it.

Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor
bitch please. inferno will kill itself once i get to it

Blizzard does a good job of slapping you in the face on Inferno. First act you're all like "oh, these things hit pretty hard..this is doable" then the second act, you'll want to pull a david carradine.

techboy

Scarcely Lethal Noob
you have yet tasted the rage you will take on act 2 on normal
mid-Fire_burning.ogg.jpg

anyway i think its a good thing that inferno mode is incredibly hard. although ive never played the game at all. it seems like its also incredibly frustrating.

pr1mus da scr1pt

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
i'll give this game another whirl once diablo dumbed it down for all the WoW crybabies, i'm on act 4 inferno at the moment and i'm not having fun considering it's just repetitious kiting and putting up with unavoidable 1-hit kill AoE spam all day, not that it matters much as the repair costs are a nice goldsink whenever i'm sitting on top of 10 million gold which i've accumulated by selling shitty gear on the AH to stupid kids that can't wait to catch up with me.

haven't seen a single set or legendary drop though, all the gear i find is fucking retarded (+experience on lvl 60 items, all the wrong stats on class specific gear 95% of the time, the remaining 4% and 1% are either pretty good or have shitty RNG'd diceroll stats which i just end up salvaging).

inferno isn't even hard, it's just a gearcheck; hell was also pretty hard until i replaced all my level 20-30 gear with level 50 gear and i just breezed through that bitch like i was wearing rocketboots n shit.

Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor
i'll give this game another whirl once diablo dumbed it down for all the WoW crybabies, i'm on act 4 inferno at the moment and i'm not having fun considering it's just repetitious kiting and putting up with unavoidable 1-hit kill AoE spam all day, not that it matters much as the repair costs are a nice goldsink whenever i'm sitting on top of 10 million gold which i've accumulated by selling shitty gear on the AH to stupid kids that can't wait to catch up with me.

haven't seen a single set or legendary drop though, all the gear i find is fucking retarded (+experience on lvl 60 items, all the wrong stats on class specific gear 95% of the time, the remaining 4% and 1% are either pretty good or have shitty RNG'd diceroll stats which i just end up salvaging).

inferno isn't even hard, it's just a gearcheck; hell was also pretty hard until i replaced all my level 20-30 gear with level 50 gear and i just breezed through that bitch like i was wearing rocketboots n shit.

The gearcheck isn't likely to change, it's how diablo is..you're supposed to mindlessly grind for gear / upgrades so you can kill the next boss. It's not even cleverly disguised in WoW, you farm what you can till you get gear to move up to the next farming point.

Sinnx

Wicked Nasty Engineer
melee on inferno is pretty tough without having good dps support from other classes

Bottiger

Administrator

Person finishing Inferno A4 Hardcore before they nerf it tomorrow.

For those of you who don't understand:

Hardcore means death is permanent, and all 500 hours or so he put into this character is wasted.

I died about every 30 seconds on my non-hardcore character in A4 Inferno.

Isil

Epic Skial Regular
I imagine that his EPIC QUEST will involve a lot of running away, waiting, attacking, and then running away again

pr1mus da scr1pt

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
The gearcheck isn't likely to change, it's how diablo is..you're supposed to mindlessly grind for gear / upgrades so you can kill the next boss. It's not even cleverly disguised in WoW, you farm what you can till you get gear to move up to the next farming point.
WoW had a more lenient curve regarding difficulty/gear, standing in the fire wouldn't instakill you, and you could avoid the fire; in diablo the fire instakills you regardless of how good your gear is, and you can't even escape it; especially with all those CC affix rares and elites.

bosses were laughably easy, especially diablo is just sort of sad; the entire build up of him portrays him as a scooby doo-esque villain (as well as Azmodan and his stupid smug head appearing all over the fucking world), and when you finally encounter him after spending like a thousand hours kiting shitty mobs (which you all have to clear, i remember i encountered my first elite on act II inferno and decided to kite it into the fog of war, which ended up being filled with those annoying wasps that turn the game into fucking Ikaruga, i only made that mistake once), and then you finally fight diablo and he dies within like 2 minutes after kiting him around from a distance, then he drops some shit loot which you can't use and sell and it's supposedly the idea to play inferno all over again. no thanks blizzard, i would rather wait for the shitty unbalanced PvP to come out.