Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor
whats everyones opinion on this game? is it worth getting?

Yes and no, I will say I really enjoyed this game up until Inferno Difficulty. and I mean addicted, didn't leave my house enjoyed...however, the game is constantly changing..things that were almost necessity for killing shit is getting nerfed, and not enough is getting buffed to counter it. Before you could farm the gold necessary to get the gear necessary to kill the bosses. However Bott did correctly predict that the real money was going to ruin shit, the really good shit is now of course sold, and people actually pay 300-400 for a single decent weapon. The way the game is designed you need to use the auction house to overgear the content before you can clear it, only two classes are really capable of soloing bosses in gear that drops in the act they are capable of soloing.

However, Inferno is a fun challenge when you are geared correctly for it, it's just getting the gear that is stupid. The game itself is well designed and fun, and like I said before the "end game" so to speak, you will highly highly enjoy it. The one thing I will say for Blizzard tho, despite the nerfs to necessity "cheap tactics" to clear bosses, they are showing the game a lot of love and attention, and I'm sure they will work on the issue since a lot of people are complaining that they have to spend upwards of 500 dollars if they want decent enough gear for act 2-3 inferno.

All in all, I will say it was 60 dollars well spent, if you enjoy dungeon crawlers, it is probably the best option on the market.

Sinnx

Wicked Nasty Engineer
I added it up, I have 174 hours in this game(89 of that devoted to 1 character). I would say I've gotten over $60 worth of fun and am still enjoying my slow but steady progression thru inferno.
If you enjoy these kinds of games (diablo 2, titan quest, fate, torchlight etc) you will enjoy it

Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I know the guest pass was required for a while, but I think yeah at this point you can just make a battle.net account and click the free trial.

Sinnx

Wicked Nasty Engineer
If it hasn't launched yet, it will launch soon you can actually go to www.battle.net, and get a trial of it, the entire first act is free and you can see if you like it.

i dont think its the entire 1st act. I think it's up to the skeleton king and level 13 which is about 10% of the 1st act

Bottiger

Administrator
lolwsw.png

1/3 of the way to a free D3.

Reactions: Sinnx

Sinnx

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Should I stick to single player for now or can I play online?
1st time thru(normal mode), i would recommend doing it alone so you can play it at your pace and get into the game and such. That's just me though

Bottiger

Administrator
You can't play single player offline. People joining will increase monster damage and hp so you are better off soloing especially as a demon hunter.

Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I've found it's always best to solo unless you want to play with your friends. The average player is god awful.