Roman

Banned
Contributor
diablo3se2d.jpg

Just got my copy in via FedEx. Servers don't go live until 12:01 PDT (not sure if that's Pacific time or what).

leahsketchv19.jpg

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Tomorrow is the day, huh?
Had been waiting for this day since April, 2001.. It's gonna be Barbarian again...

Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor
It will be 3:00 AM EST - it's midnight California time. However, I feel more than likely in typical blizzard fashion game will be unplayable for about 2-3 hours after release. I've been looking forward to it a long time, particularly since I played the beta.....Hope the real game manages to deliver.

Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Will do, I'm not sure how to make one because I already owned the game from the annual pass - when I figure it out Ill be sure to add you tho, it'll be something similar to my forum moniker.

Sinnx

Wicked Nasty Engineer
barbarian for 1st char probly. Since he gets the kick ass heavy armor and big bad weapons

Enigma

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
I've never played any game like Diablo, but I'm thinking of getting it.

Bottiger

Administrator
It will be 3:00 AM EST - it's midnight California time. However, I feel more than likely in typical blizzard fashion game will be unplayable for about 2-3 hours after release. I've been looking forward to it a long time, particularly since I played the beta.....Hope the real game manages to deliver.

I remember the Diablo 2 release, the lag and downtime was horrible the first few weeks. That's why I still haven't gotten it yet, but I might change my mind.

Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I remember the Diablo 2 release, the lag and downtime was horrible the first few weeks. That's why I still haven't gotten it yet, but I might change my mind.

Yeah, I remember when Cataclysm first came out, the game was next to unplayable for the entire night - I'll be awake because of graveyard shift and such but it's not something I'd stay up to experience. Majority of the time they have the error cleared up before the next day....the game itself will be amazing tho, I don't have much doubt about that.

Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I've never played any game like Diablo, but I'm thinking of getting it.

If you're unsure if you'll like it, I can almost guarantee Blizzard will give you a "trial" of the first act, as they've been doing with all their other games - you could just wait for that.

SPYderman

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Hmmm I've heard of Diablo but never really go into it, I do know its been in the making for a long time but It never really caught onto me

Bottiger

Administrator
I don't think I will enjoy Diablo 3 as much with the real money auction house though.

Even though I have less time and more money than people who can play 20 hours a day, it just seems like a bad idea and will encourage more botting.

Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I don't think at the end of the day it'll be a big issue - on the contrary since Blizzard is middlemanning for you, and taking a cut of the money, I don't think it'll be a massive exploit. There won't be encouragement to steal accounts, rip people off because Blizzard will be taking care of it.

takethepants

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I don't think at the end of the day it'll be a big issue - on the contrary since Blizzard is middlemanning for you, and taking a cut of the money, I don't think it'll be a massive exploit. There won't be encouragement to steal accounts, rip people off because Blizzard will be taking care of it.
Huh? I think there will be a big push to rip accounts since you can have a cache of real money on the account. They'll also be plenty of people taking money on the side anyways through PayPal etc. like TF2. I know at least one person in my house that won't be sleeping for a day though. He built a new computer JUST for D3 and I think he's just be constantly jizzing the past few hours.

Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Huh? I think there will be a big push to rip accounts since you can have a cache of real money on the account. They'll also be plenty of people taking money on the side anyways through PayPal etc. like TF2. I know at least one person in my house that won't be sleeping for a day though. He built a new computer JUST for D3 and I think he's just be constantly jizzing the past few hours.

I would be inclined to agree with you - however Blizzard realized their massive mistake in WoW of not selling gold directly - it encouraged accounts to be stolen and the gold ripped from it to be sold illegally. Now that there is a "legal" option to buy these items, many players will go thru that avenue rather than third party. Also if I'm not mistaken you can't use the money for anything other than Blizzard products, don't quote me on that - but I'm pretty sure you can't remove it from your battle.net account so you can only use it for game/products from them - making it less enticing to go thru all this trouble. Blizzard will simply ban the battle.net account and all that money will be gone.

The only issue with the money being locked to the battle.net account is some people might go outside Blizzard to sell the stuff. I still feel it was a smart move, and I'm glad they're doing it...I have intent to sell some stuff on there and pay for my WoW with it and such.

As for people being excited - I still know some kids who have never stopped playing the bugridden, exploit filled diablo 2...hell they're probably still playing it while they anxiously have wiener in hand waiting for diablo 3 to be playable.

Bottiger

Administrator
Selling the gold directly benefits Blizzard and the people who buy items but doesn't benefit the rest of us who play the game normally.

Making real money trading official is going to encourage more botting. Using TF2 as an example, there are people out there with huge idling rings.

Now instead of cosmetic items, imagine people with $20,000 worth of items (like mattie in TF2) tied directly to your enjoyment and power in the game.

Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Selling the gold directly benefits Blizzard and the people who buy items but doesn't benefit the rest of us who play the game normally.

Making real money trading official is going to encourage more botting. Using TF2 as an example, there are people out there with huge idling rings.

Now instead of cosmetic items, imagine people with $20,000 worth of items (like mattie in TF2) tied directly to your enjoyment and power in the game.

But again, I'm pretty sure Blizzard isn't letting you "cash out" so to speak. and I'm also pretty confident there is no way to have more than 500 dollars on the account at one time - I agree it might encourage more botting, however as it's not like WoW, you can be selective with who you play with. One botter probably will not effect your average player in the slightest, and it's easy enough to close the game if you notice a blatant botter in yours.

A lot of people are under the impression the game is World of Warcrafty - as in a large number of people play per server...it's more like a "lobby" system than anything else, 4-5 (I forgot which it is) people per game, and you aren't required to ever play with the same people again, I intend mainly to run thru the game and inferno with friends vs randoms.