Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomatketchup

Banned
Contributor
Is it possible to fix so that forum members can have their own forum titles? Of course, considering the already pretty titles I think there should be a requirement, like gettin the Regular trophy. I think when you finally get that trophy you've had the Bottiger's Aimbot for quite some time and may want to change it. Anyone else likes the idea?

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Prus Juan
I like xel'naga's idea.
A forum where it can be dealt with by moderators/admins and they can do it whenever they have their free time.
As the system currently stands, the only person that can change a title is an administrator, it requires access to the administrator control panel, and I don't think it's possible to change that without a plugin.

Blade D_Hero

Contributor
+1

If possible, there should be a limit on how many times you can change your title, maybe one change every week or two, to reduce spam or any other problems thay may arise.

Blade the Hero: Stonewall's Own Jackson

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Looks like it is possible to allow users to give themselves a title, though the only way to change it externally is via the control panel; So the problem of possibly requiring the intervention of an administrator is still there.

If it was just allowed for donors that would reduce the chance of abuse.

PlAD2.png

Tomatketchup

Banned
Contributor
Looks like it is possible to allow users to give themselves a title, though the only way to change it externally is via the control panel; So the problem of possibly requiring the intervention of an administrator is still there.

I think it's easier just to ban the guy with an inappropiate username or give him a warning and just change his title in case. Again, I want to note, my suggestion is that only people who has donated/recieved the Regular trophy should be able to access this feature. This way I think it's safe to say noone would risk having stupid titles because you would just get all your "hard" work done or your money thrown away for a giggle.

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Is it possible to fix so that forum members can have their own forum titles? Of course, considering the already pretty titles I think there should be a requirement, like gettin the Regular trophy. I think when you finally get that trophy you've had the Bottiger's Aimbot for quite some time and may want to change it. Anyone else likes the idea?

PlAD2.png

Tomatketchup

Banned
Contributor
Let me be more clear:
----------------------------------------------------------------------
So the problem of possibly requiring the intervention of an administrator is still there.
I think it's easier just to ban the guy with an inappropiate username or give him a warning and just change his title in case, like every other report.
Again, I want to note, my suggestion is that only people who has donated/recieved the Regular trophy should be able to access this feature.

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Let me be more clear:

Yeah, I was in agreement, didn't see why you needed to quote me on it.

Anywho banning is a harsher punishment (it's better to not have to ban people), plus all it would do is serve as a mechanism to scare people. We wouldn't be able to change the title, therefor still admin intervention.

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
ApologiZE pORFOUNDLY but english not so good very eh haja, i bamp odl thred

I feel that this wasn't really addressed, and Risen brought it up to me again, and I feel this might be a good implementation for Donors.

My idea is to give the Donors the ability to do the equivalent of the "Report" function on the forums, that marks each post for moderation review. It would be listed in Reported Items, like all other reported posts, but it wouldn't be called report, preferably. The person would type into the "reason" area ONLY what they want their name to be, verbatim. We would see that, and then be able to apply their desired surname. We have enough Moderators with time on their hands, and even Administrators with enough, too, to make it so it isn't a "HYUJ BURDIN".

Reactions: Shula

Shula

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
+Shula

I have donated every single month for almost a year and wouldn't mind a custom title :)

Status
Not open for further replies.