Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomatketchup

Banned
Contributor
Is it possible to fix so that forum members can have their own forum titles? Of course, considering the already pretty titles I think there should be a requirement, like gettin the Regular trophy. I think when you finally get that trophy you've had the Bottiger's Aimbot for quite some time and may want to change it. Anyone else likes the idea?

takethepants

Australian Skial God
Contributor
What, donators? Or Regulars?
And yeah, community grows, forums grow. Happun.
Iunno. I'm just open to suggestions, since it would be bitchin' to have.
Then if someone donates a dollar they'll be pissed when we have to revert their title of "HITLER, KIND OF THE NIGGERFAGGOTS"

SadWhale

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Contributor
I'm thinking that maybe you could make titles themselves unlockable. For example, a Bottiger's Own Aimbot could go back and change their title to any of the previous titles, as well as any other titles added at the different levels using the (Prefix) (Title) system we have now. This way, someone with a Scout title could be a Heavy, without permitting abuse.
TL;DR unlockable pulldown menu for the prefix and title.
/input

takethepants

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I'm thinking that maybe you could make titles themselves unlockable. For example, a Bottiger's Own Aimbot could go back and change their title to any of the previous titles, as well as any other titles added at the different levels using the (Prefix) (Title) system we have now. This way, someone with a Scout title could be a Heavy, without permitting abuse.
TL;DR unlockable pulldown menu for the prefix and title.
/input
I'm thinking this would be a lot of effort since by default you can only allow editing and not a dropdown. So it would probably have to be a custom plugin.

Tomatketchup

Banned
Contributor
That's a dumb title.
Re-locking thread.
You guys are assholes.

Emphasis mine.
Thus why I say it should be restricted. That way you can be greatly sure nobody will break the rules because it's not worth it.
Then if someone donates a dollar they'll be pissed when we have to revert their title of "HITLER, KIND OF THE NIGGERFAGGOTS"
That's their problem they didn't read the rules. It's easy to tell them that. Create some new rules for titles, I don't think it can be harder than that. That way you simply redirect someone's complaint to that thread then lock it. Like every other stupid report.

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
That's their problem they didn't read the rules. It's easy to tell them that. Create some new rules for titles, I don't think it can be harder than that. That way you simply redirect someone's complaint to that thread then lock it. Like every other stupid report.
On one hand, I feel like you're just making way for new problems. However, I also ask, how many people do we have come into our servers with the name <INCREDIBLY RACIST NAME HERE>? Take that ratio to the people who play on our servers, and it's miniscule. Apply that ratio to how many people we have on the forums - not to mention the fact that there are always mods on the forums - I don't think it would cause issues at all.

SadWhale

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Contributor
I'm thinking this would be a lot of effort since by default you can only allow editing and not a dropdown. So it would probably have to be a custom plugin.
That's the sad part.
However, come to think of it, anyone could post something racist or foul at any given moment on these forums. If the rules for titles are defined straightforward and early and the titles themselves are trickled down from the top of the trust group then it should be easy to keep track of the people who have custom titles and what they are. I would assume that having a naughty title would have similar consequences to making a naughty post, which can already be made at any time.

Tomatketchup

Banned
Contributor
On one hand, I feel like you're just making way for new problems.
Cinic, every awesome feature has it's problems. Are you willing to give up awesomeness just because it might create an additional report or two? No, thought so. Yes, I'm aware you didn't get to respond. But you know what? I'm awesome. I have my problems as well, but whenever I see those problems I'm like "Fuck you pal" and then I beat them down like the true gentleman I am. It's not hard to do it. I mean, unless there are software problems in which case fuck it, but morally there shouldn't be too many problems that doesn't resemble any of our current problems which we know how to deal with.

"Those who sacrifice awesome forum features for less work deserves neither." - Benjamin Franklin

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Cinic, every awesome feature has it's problems. Are you willing to give up awesomeness just because it might create an additional report or two? No, thought so. Yes, I'm aware you didn't get to respond. But you know what? I'm awesome. I have my problems as well, but whenever I see those problems I'm like "Fuck you pal" and then I beat them down like the true gentleman I am. It's not hard to do it. I mean, unless there are software problems in which case fuck it, but morally there shouldn't be too many problems that doesn't resemble any of our current problems which we know how to deal with.

"Those who sacrifice awesome forums for less work deserves neither." - Benjamin Franklin
Did you read past the part you quoted?

Dave the Manly

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Well at the same time, if someone donates a dollar they'll be pissed if they get banned for having a racist name in-game.

Pinker-tan

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Is it possible to fix so that forum members can have their own forum titles? Of course, considering the already pretty titles I think there should be a requirement, like gettin the Regular trophy. I think when you finally get that trophy you've had the Bottiger's Aimbot for quite some time and may want to change it. Anyone else likes the idea?

god damnit i was gonna make this suggestion, +1 but i would say moderators/contributors only

Ceubie

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Or, how about you have to check it (title) with an admin and it can only be changed by asking said admin again?

Tomatketchup

Banned
Contributor
Or, how about you have to check it (title) with an admin and it can only be changed by asking said admin again?
My problem with this is that it will just be more unnecessary work for the moderators. I think it's easier just to ban the guy with an inappropiate username or give him a warning and just change his title in case. Again, I want to note, my suggestion is that only people who has donated/recieved the Regular trophy should be able to access this feature. This way I think it's safe to say noone would risk having stupid titles because you would just get all your "hard" work done or your money thrown away for a giggle.

hXcjedders

Australian Skial God
In all seriousness, maybe you can put a filter on the custom titles so that it does not allow for certain words. And if you can disallow special characters as well, it could cut down on censor bypassing. Just a thought. Don't know the intricacies of the plugin.

sboles

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Prus Juan
I like xel'naga's idea.
A forum where it can be dealt with by moderators/admins and they can do it whenever they have their free time.

Status
Not open for further replies.