Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomatketchup

Banned
Contributor
Is it possible to fix so that forum members can have their own forum titles? Of course, considering the already pretty titles I think there should be a requirement, like gettin the Regular trophy. I think when you finally get that trophy you've had the Bottiger's Aimbot for quite some time and may want to change it. Anyone else likes the idea?

Ceubie

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Is it possible to fix so that forum members can have their own forum titles? Of course, considering the already pretty titles I think there should be a requirement, like gettin the Regular trophy. I think when you finally get that trophy you've had the Bottiger's Aimbot for quite some time and may want to change it. Anyone else likes the idea?
or gib skial money to do it, i like that better.

ModSe7en

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
AdminCP - Users - User Groups, then under general permission change the value of "Edit custom title"
Going here can apparently allow certain usergroups to change their titles.
+1 to enable for donators/regulars

Tomatketchup

Banned
Contributor
KillerZebra, if you gonna rate something dumb, at least tell why you think it's a dumb idea.
or gib skial money to do it, i like that better.
Not sure what you mean, but if you mean paying for custom titles I think that's a bit excessive, we're not that many on the Skial forums after all.

EDIT: You're being really lame right now KillerZebra, I hope you realize.

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
EDIT: You're being really lame right now KillerZebra, I hope you realize.
71056_206703882302_2093875_n.jpg

Tomatketchup

Banned
Contributor
HOW MANY TIMES HAS THIS SUGGESTION BEEN DECLINED?
Once. This april. Understandable reasons, but as another poster said in that thread there are barely any members outside the trading section, let alone forum regulars. I definitely think if we keep custom titles to regulars/donors (hell, just regulars would be fine, seeing how some donators just play on the server and are stupid enough to believe that they get a free kick command when they donate) then it wouldn't be hard to moderate. There could be a list of banned keywords like admin and banned if Bottiger is so afraid of that. There might be restrictions to the actual forum software, but Bottiger never mentioned that. There you go, those are my counter-arguments.

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
This has already been requested. It was determined it's too easy to abuse it. I think we discussed limitations on it, but then that would encourage people to spam posts to get that perk.

http://www.skial.com/threads/personal-titles.14432/
No reason to lock it, brah. Been 5 months since it was brought up.
I don't want custom titles because they can confuse or trick people like "Banned" or "Admin" etc.
I don't want 5000 people asking me to setup custom titles for them.
If you can get 100 people to agree to a title then I might think about it.
I would only consider it for one person at a time. I'm never letting everyone set custom titles.
How about titles are enabled, but only mods/admins can edit them? Set up one thread somewhere in the Support forum for people to post their requests, and have a mod/admin configure the titles at their leisure. This way, people can have their titles (within reason, obviously, as each one is manually approved this way), and people can expect to have their title adjusted in 24-48 hours or so (though I doubt it would take that long for a team of staff to go through a simple list and edit people's titles). This way, whoever is available and has time to set a few titles can do so, and the workload is spread out.

Also, I really doubt there'd be a huge amount of people jumping on it all at once. Nothing that wouldn't be controllable.

Just my two cents.
The whole thing kind of fizzled out after that. If people want it, then discussion of it should be allowed.

Don't lock everything. :C

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I'm marking this as "Need Help" in order to try to find a middle ground on the subject, if possible.

Tomatketchup

Banned
Contributor
Still believe forum regulars should have the feature. I mean, if we last long enough on the forums to be able to get the Regular trophy then surely we should be trusted enough to let me have my "King of Demoknights" title?

takethepants

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Still believe forum regulars should have the feature. I mean, if we last long enough on the forums to be able to get the Regular trophy then surely we should be trusted enough to let me have my "King of Demoknights" title?
That's a dumb title.
No reason to lock it, brah. Been 5 months since it was brought up.

The whole thing kind of fizzled out after that. If people want it, then discussion of it should be allowed.

Don't lock everything. :C
I think Bottiger's points are probably even more amplified at this point since there are more people that fit into the category.

Also:

I would only consider it for one person at a time. I'm never letting everyone set custom titles.

Emphasis mine.

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
That's a dumb title.
I think Bottiger's points are probably even more amplified at this point since there are more people that fit into the category.
What, donators? Or Regulars?
And yeah, community grows, forums grow. Happun.
Iunno. I'm just open to suggestions, since it would be bitchin' to have.

Status
Not open for further replies.