Meowrisa

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Can anyone offer a counter argument as to why you would want a conga line in the middle of badwater?
Just because they are annoying, does not mean that taunt is not funny or a cool gimmick. Its the people spamming "ConGA IS GOd, LOL!" that are the problem in my eyes, not the taunt itself or the people that use it once In a while. Also, some people care about the achievements.

sboles

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Maybe give warnings, and then issue 10/30 minute bans. These small temp bans won't go on their 1/3/1w/1mo/perm record.
But unless a system such as the one stated above is in place, -1.

Reactions: Meowrisa

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
seeing half of every server do this dumb fucking taunt is annoying and I dont feel like emptying the server by banning all of them
Are you dumb? banning this will mean a greater loss of players on our servers, we are hemorrhaging players enough as it is.
Give it a couple of days and people will get bored of just dancing and dying.
Besides, its a perfect training ground for using the tide turner.

Opponentsolid

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
On the server last night all I ever heard was a few people whining about how it's ruining competitive play, TF2 was never built for major competition, if it was they wouldn't have made it the butt of it's own joke and added so many hats and ridiculous items.

If you want to play a competetive game, there are plenty of other games, or even join a highlander team, but stop whining and just wait it out, the game wasn't just built for you to have fun, other people have fun too.

Deadfront

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Played for the 1st time in months today to see what all the fuss was about. Played a few rounds seen a few conga lines. No one was complaining about it and in my opinion didn't really change the game play. Most the conga was blue pushing the cart while dancing or the red after catching the spy behind lines. So I say -1 to ban this.

sov

Legendary Skial King
as much as I hate friendlies, the conga isn't really a big deal. I don't really see anyone doing it like the first day. The hype will wear off soon. -1

Reactions: Chance

Sarge

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
I agree with this whole heardtly. We've got a few people Congaing in VSH right now, and Hale won't kill them.

Round lasts another 7 minutes.

Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I agree with this whole heardtly. We've got a few people Congaing in VSH right now, and Hale won't kill them.

Round lasts another 7 minutes.

Then report the guy playing as Hale. It's not the player's fault for using the conga taunt.

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Then report the guy playing as Hale. It's not the player's fault for using the conga taunt.

you have the choice to execute the taunt. it would be both Hale's fault and the player's fault.

Doesn't matter who's fault it is, if anyone is refusing to help their team advance it can be considered friendlying. Same goes for hale, if he is refusing to kill players he's friendlying.

Kyle

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Banning this taunt right after its released is just going to fuck over the already dwindling player base on the servers. I'd rather have a few people do a victory conga every now and then than have dead servers. And if its too excessive then we can ban one guy for friendlying and the others will stop.

Reactions: Chance

KinCryos

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Mapper
question: does @Bottiger have Sudden Death enabled on standard gameplay servers? that way KOTH can end on a Stalemate if nobody ever caps the point and CTF doesn't go into Overtime if the conga-goers have the intel. that way, the round can at least end.

anyway, here's how I plan to deal with the conga:

CTF: cap the intel
Payload (offense): push the cart
5CP: cap the next point
Special Delivery: cap the Australium
KOTH: cap the point to get a timer going
if I'm playing Defense::p switch to Offence
Arena: /timebomb @all

TurkîVulture

Positively Inhumane Poster
Pissed me off cause the whole server broke out in the stupid conga taunt and the second I said something A.E: "You know that some of us want to actually play the game" and the second I said something, I was insulted left and right by dumbass spergloids and someone started a vote to mute me, then as a victory to rub it in my face proceeded to Intel spam for 10 minutes...in the name of god, ban this stupid taunt please

Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Pissed me off cause the whole server broke out in the stupid conga taunt and the second I said something A.E: "You know that some of us want to actually play the game" and the second I said something, I was insulted left and right by dumbass spergloids and someone started a vote to mute me, then as a victory to rub it in my face proceeded to Intel spam for 10 minutes...in the name of god, ban this stupid taunt please

STOP BLAMING THE TAUNT. If someone is intel spamming, REPORT THEM. If they vote abuse, RECORD AND REPORT THEM. Blocking a brand new taunt is not going to solve the problem. It's going to make the player count drop like crazy. If they're being friendly on an objective map, REPORT THEM TO AN ADMIN.

Roboute Guilliman

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I've only seen a congaline once or twice since thursday on Skial and it didn't last TOO long.

I don't think we should ban the taunt or ban anyone doing the taunt for a "Hey, we won the match, let's do a victory dance!" or a "I just wanna see my new taunt that I just got for 3 seconds" but my two cents is that if it's REALLY excessive. That's when admins might pitch in and do something. (i.e Cut off the head and the snake will die, so just kick/ban whoever started the whole conga line.)

Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I've only seen a congaline once or twice since thursday on Skial and it didn't last TOO long.

I don't think we should ban the taunt or ban anyone doing the taunt for a "Hey, we won the match, let's do a victory dance!" or a "I just wanna see my new taunt that I just got for 3 seconds" but my two cents is that if it's REALLY excessive. That's when admins might pitch in and do something. (i.e Cut off the head and the snake will die, so just kick/ban whoever started the whole conga line.)

There's no way to tell who started the conga line.

TurkîVulture

Positively Inhumane Poster
STOP BLAMING THE TAUNT. If someone is intel spamming, REPORT THEM. If they vote abuse, RECORD AND REPORT THEM. Blocking a brand new taunt is not going to solve the problem. It's going to make the player count drop like crazy. If they're being friendly on an objective map, REPORT THEM TO AN ADMIN.
well the insults didn't and will never bother me much, words are just words, what more can i say XD, but when they started intel spamming i did in fact contact an admin and had the ordeal sorted out.

Reactions: Deadfront

Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
well the insults didn't and will never bother me much, words are just words, what more can i say XD, but when they started intel spamming i did in fact contact an admin and had the ordeal sorted out.

Then report the one who's intel spamming. Stop blaming the taunt.