Deadfront

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
It is a lie, sorry [Furry] but the server i reg at has it "OMG GUYS LET ALL DO THE CONGA TAUNT FOR A GOOD 45 MINUTES DAJKDNAJFNDANFASNAFNAFNA XDDDDDDDDDD" moments...and im quit fed up with it...
Thats to bad. Its been at least a day since ive seen one conga line. This includes 5gorge US, Badwater US, Dustbowl Texas, NY and 2fort US. A suggestion though instead of waiting 45 mins while the finish screwing around why not call an admin or make a report with demo on this long of a time. I mean you all make reports or grab admins for other violations so why make such a big deal out of this.

TurkîVulture

Positively Inhumane Poster
Thats to bad. Its been at least a day since ive seen one conga line. This includes 5gorge US, Badwater US, Dustbowl Texas, NY and 2fort US. A suggestion though instead of waiting 45 mins while the finish screwing around why not call an admin or make a report with demo on this long of a time. I mean you all make reports or grab admins for other violations so why make such a big deal out of this.
I played for 2 hours last night and saw no conga
well i don't think its against the rules yet so filing a report or getting an admins might just make me look bad, then again it couldn't, need an admins input on this, and @hXcjedders, your lucky

Deadfront

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
well i don't think its against the rules yet so filing a report or getting an admins might just make me look bad, then again it couldn't, need an admins input on this, and @hXcjedders, your lucky
If they are not helping the team over an extended time then that is against the rules. If someone is just going around with a high 5 taunt for some time they are going to get banned for it. No matter how they do it, it is against our rules and should be punished. As far as making you look bad I dont see why it would. When I was trying to get admin I pissed some off for reporting them but by the time I did get admin they all understood that I was strict but fair with everyone friend or not.

Anyway I get that its frustrating when it does happen but admins have been called in at times and asked the violators to move along and help the team. I just think banning this is a little overboard.

Kyle

Australian Skial God
Contributor
It seems to me like its died down significantly since last week. I was on VSH all morning Monday and saw no conga. I then played on Upward and Dustbowl and still saw no conga.
Last week I went on Harvest and there was conga everywhere.

TurkîVulture

Positively Inhumane Poster
If they are not helping the team over an extended time then that is against the rules. If someone is just going around with a high 5 taunt for some time they are going to get banned for it. No matter how they do it, it is against our rules and should be punished. As far as making you look bad I dont see why it would. When I was trying to get admin I pissed some off for reporting them but by the time I did get admin they all understood that I was strict but fair with everyone friend or not.

Anyway I get that its frustrating when it does happen but admins have been called in at times and asked the violators to move along and help the team. I just think banning this is a little overboard.
Yeah, i didn't know that falls under that, well i can now act if it happens again lol, and i follow Theodore Roosevelt's theory of "Talk Softly, But carry a big stick" which means i can be strict when needed but friendly and comforting in the meantime, i have had no troubles so far with this philosophy and when i need to put my food down and file a report or fetch an admin, im not afraid to do so either XD

jwso

Australian Skial God
Contributor
...sorry [Furry]...
you are an idiot

anyway the conga taunt got banned from etf2l because apparently it can glitch hitboxes for the next round if you do it at the end of the round (i have not bothered to look up evidence to back that up but i guess it's true because etf2l said so)

hXcjedders

Australian Skial God
This whole argument is a moot point since bottiger only bans items for glitches and server stability issues.

Kyle

Australian Skial God
Contributor
i guess it's true because etf2l said so)
It's never a good idea to just accept something at face value like that. Even if it is from a reliable source like etf2l or the queen of England. I assume you're talking about this news post:
With the unfortunate timing of the most recent update, we didn’t have long to decide where the unlocks and taunts would be positioned within the whitelist. After some very brief testing we’ve come to the following conclusions:

• The Conga taunt if used at the end of a round can glitch hitboxes for the next round. Therefore it will be banned.
  • All the new weapons will be allowed.
It has come to our attention that some of the other taunts can be used to get inside enemy spawns, or clip through walls. We remind you that bug abusing is not allowed and you can be punished for it.
The fact that they're the only ones talking about this bug and they didn't post a demo showing the actual bug makes me a little skeptical. For all we know they could just be using this as a front to ban the taunt for other reasons.

Last edited:

MiniTrukr

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Contributor
Here's an example of why I hate this fucking conga line shit.

Trying to play a game of Turbine on the US server. The entire blue team is conga lining. No sense in reporting it because it's at least 10 people.

Instead, I take off to a non-skial server where there aren't 10 year olds over running it. Any attempt to ask people to play the game like normal results in "lolol bro we r dancing lolol". It's fucking stupid and there are plenty of other servers that will happily take people's donations and disallow taunts. They don't suffer from the drop in player base like people have described.

Before you ask, yes I'm mad. I'm tired of the gaming experience being ruined by little children.

Last edited:

TheMCBros99

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Here's an example of why I hate this fucking conga line shit.

Trying to play a game of Turbine on the US server. The entire blue team is conga lining. No sense in reporting it because it's at least 10 people.

Instead, I take off to a non-skial server where there aren't 10 year olds over running it. Any attempt to ask people to play the game like normal results in "lolol bro we r dancing lolol". It's fucking stupid and there are plenty of other servers that will happily take people's donations and disallow taunts. They don't suffer from the drop in player base like people have described.

Before you ask, yes I'm mad. I'm tired of the gaming experience being ruined by little children.

I agree with you. 100%

MiniTrukr

Contributor
I agree with you. 100%

I would disagree. From my favorites list, I see players all the time in Voogru, (-TN-), Lotus, etc. I won't disagree that there are tons of Valve servers running these maps, but there are also communities that don't seem to be experiencing it nearly as bad as people describe.

Shiny Charizard

Legendary Skial King
I would disagree. From my favorites list, I see players all the time in Voogru, (-TN-), Lotus, etc. I won't disagree that there are tons of Valve servers running these maps, but there are also communities that don't seem to be experiencing it nearly as bad as people describe.
Since the conga update, every single moment I was in a Lotus server had massive amounts of congaers. If you're going to use an example in your attempt to diss conga, don't use Lotus.

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor

We can easily break up large friendly parties. I've never had a friendly party yet that I couldn't break up. I give some warnings, if they don't stop they scatter like drunk teenagers at a party when the cops show up once they start seeing bans dropped.

If you see a bunch of conga friendlies call a admin in and we'll break it up. You don't need to gather a bunch of evidence if you don't want to, just tell us they're there and we'll come kick their asses if they don't stop

Reactions: MiniTrukr

MiniTrukr

Contributor
Since the conga update, every single moment I was in a Lotus server had massive amounts of congaers. If you're going to use an example in your attempt to diss conga, don't use Lotus.

I didn't say they didn't have a conga line problem. I said they are an example of a non valve community that isn't dropping in player base. I am generally in Skial servers (hell, I mostly trade now but I do like a regular game once in a while). But it seems that 95% of Skial servers I go to have a conga line problem.

I think that a mod that prevented taunting other than weapon taunting would be beneficial to any server that regular gameplay is expected. I don't even care if there is some conga-ing during the setup. But to attempt to play a game of Turbine and seeing the entire opposing team congaing around the intel is ridiculous. Any attempt to break it up results in backlash because "I just don't know how to have fun".

I guess I still have to wait for the novelty to wear off. For me, the novelty wore off after about 5 minutes of conga-ing when it first came out. Perhaps I'm just old school. I like a good game of killing people and being killed. Not dancing. There are online games like HabboHotel where you can dance the night away. But it's ruining TF2.

Or maybe I'm just an old fart and I've outgrown the game I've come to love since 2007. GET OFF MY LAWN YOU DAMN KIDS!

Last edited: